Jones to go .....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
If Jones or others read this board then why should he hang around
He was made a scapegoat after the PV game last season, sure he was poor that day but not assisted by anyone else
If he cannot get in now after CBB performance on Saturday then I am greatful he wants to go ad that will re;ease some money
Chelt Luke in Glos
I think he is a great player, dont lose him CTFC
Uppy
Jones is a solid league 2 left back with a nice delivery. He would get another team at this level.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He should get games for us at this level.
baggy89
We rarely scored from corners until Billy Jones rocked up. Teams at this and probably a level higher would find more than occasional use of a player like Jones. I think we may seem him on Saturday with a packed midfield and one up top. Build the confidence before releasing the attacking confidence players and putting in a Rovers away 2011-esque performance and storming the league.
C.V
Agreed plug the gaps at the back if it means fans favorites being dropped tuff we are leaking goals and it has to be rectified
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
baggy89 wrote:We rarely scored from corners until Billy Jones rocked up. Teams at this and probably a level higher would find more than occasional use of a player like Jones. I think we may seem him on Saturday with a packed midfield and one up top. Build the confidence before releasing the attacking confidence players and putting in a Rovers away 2011-esque performance and storming the league.
The Rovers away game you refer to was the inspiration behind my 4-3-3 thread. Would love for that attitude to come back.
RED ROB
Why should, young, up and coming and promising guarantee a game ??? We've had a wobble and need a little experience. Jones's delivery is second to none. We cant get past the first defender at the moment from set pieces.
Oldun
Seem to remember a goal resulted from a corner v Crawley
RTT
Oldun wrote:Seem to remember a goal resulted from a corner v Crawley
Provided by Sam Deering who also made the pass to Harrison that resulted in the penalty.