Wham coach tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Mr Wendal
Ticket and travel tickets will cease at 4pm on Friday.

A decision will be made tomorrow whether to stop travel club sales based on remaining demand to travel with the official coaches.
^^what does this mean? Can I buy tickets on Friday or will they cease sales tomorrow?

Also does anyone know what time the coaches leave Cheltenham?
C.V
Coaches leave race course at 2.30
taxidave
Mr Wendal wrote:
Ticket and travel tickets will cease at 4pm on Friday.

A decision will be made tomorrow whether to stop travel club sales based on remaining demand to travel with the official coaches.
^^what does this mean? Can I buy tickets on Friday or will they cease sales tomorrow?

Also does anyone know what time the coaches leave Cheltenham?
Don't know what that means but can tell you that coaches leave racecourse at 14.30.
Mr Wendal
14:30!!!!! :lol: :lol:

No thanks, looks like I'm driving then :)
taxidave
I suggest you phone the club in the morning for clarification but I would assume that they have partly filled another coach and don't want to take any more bookings once that is filled otherwise they would be running it at a loss.
taxidave
Mr Wendal wrote:14:30!!!!! :lol: :lol:

No thanks, looks like I'm driving then :)
I agree it is a bit late but no doubt they are leaving it until then on police advice.
Mr Wendal
Thanks TD, but I don't fancy leaving Cheltenham at 2:30, far too early for me
taxidave
Mr Wendal wrote:Thanks TD, but I don't fancy leaving Cheltenham at 2:30, far too early for me
Leave it any later in a coach and you could miss kick off, don't forget you have to get across to the other side of the City.
It is not an easy drive even when you consider you are going "against the tide" on the way in with all the traffic leaving London at that hour but once you reach the Square Mile you will hit traffic going east.
Chelt Luke in Glos
Took me 6 hours to get there last season
taxidave
It took me 45 minutes to get from Upton Park to Paddington on the tube on Monday. :o
C.V
Mr Wendal wrote:Thanks TD, but I don't fancy leaving Cheltenham at 2:30, far too early for me

You could always leave at four o'clock and get there in time for the penalty shoot out ;)
PaulGodfrey
If you are going A40 beware of Oxford. After around 4pm the traffic can build up as you reach the ring road. Surprisingly the Boleyn Ground is only 103 miles from Cheltenham (according to the AA Routeplanner) but it involves a lot of urban driving in traffic. Also, please take a note of George Dixon's travel and parking advice at the top of the message board. James is also putting this on the official site.
leohoenig
Its some time since I have been to West Ham, so I cannot say what the current parking restrictions are - but in all highly residential areas such as West Ham, the residents alone fill most of the side street parking, so you need to be prepared for a 20 minute walk in if relying on street parking. In most areas of London, resident's bays are time limited making them free after 6.30, but there may be extra match day restrictions.

The route in is either M25/M11 (quite a long way around), North Circular Road or directly down the A40 and along the Marylebone/Euston Roads (avoiding the congestion zone - I cannot remember the exact time the zone runs to, if you drive in it by yaccident it is still possible to pay when you get home, but do it before you go to bed!). All these routes can be good or bad, and it is impossible to predict in advance. Either use a Sat Nav with traffic indications, or listen hard to the local radio.

Parking on the West Side of London and taking public transport is relatively straight forward - arriving by the M40, you have a number of stations on the Central or Metropolitan line to choose from, most have some street parking nearby and quite likely a pay car park. The faster route into Marylebone is also possible, but check the train times. Gerrards Cross is not far from the M40 and should not be too difficult. From the M4, I would suggest a mainline station such as Slough (pay to park) or West Drayton (street parking). If doing this, you need to leave at least 90 minutes to cross town.
Admin
Site Administrator
Just in case anyone wants it, details re congestion charge can be found here:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/congest ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you accidentally go into the zone, you will need to pay before midnight the next day.

Times are 07:00 to 18:00.