What will it take...?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
Shade wrote:"I'm such a useless twat/supporter, I should never be allowed to watch CTFC again" when goals are scored and we win.
:lol:

That would be brilliant
51/84
Malabus wrote:If we lose tomorrow I suspect a club statement at 18.30 that afternoon.
and what if the Robins lose
trickster
Admin wrote:trickster,

not saying that you shouldnt feel the same, as I do too, but how many games will it take now to right that wrong? will you still be doom and gloomy and still find fault somewhere if we win Saturday (like some people do and no Im not naming any names). Will it take a few games / game by game etc? What I was trying to ask is if you are a doom and gloomer all the time, what will make you start thinking oooh, we could do this and vice versa - ie what is your tipping point? :)
My tipping point would be relegation, I’ve done the non-league when some on here were still in nappies or hadn’t been born, I would then leave it to others to go to places like Dorchester Town 94/95 when the Robins players outnumbered the supporters, I’ve been there done all that it was good at the time but I have no wish to go back there so that would be my tipping point.

But you miss my point, and just want to label supporters doom and gloom because it makes you feel better, I could say that some fans would applaud 11 manikins if they were wearing CTFC shirts, and some are clapping like circus seals but I would be labelling people as deluded fools so I won’t stoop to that.

If you are happy that fans booed the team off last Saturday, and the manager had to apologise in the local paper then ok, but I paid £18 to watch a bucket full of $hite and aint afraid to say so.
vcinthestand
The tipping point would be the return of MA
Admin
Site Administrator
LOL yes..
robinsrule
Obviously I'd like us to be promoted. Failing that, we played cr*p last year and didn't go up, regardless of our league position, so this year I'd like to play well and not go up! What I mean is, get the ball on the deck, play a bit of football, score a few goals even if it means being open at the back, and if we see some high scoring games we may as well finish in 22nd position. As long as we are not relegated I just don't want to see hoof ball because there is really no need for it. As some teams at this level have shown the urge to boot the ball up the pitch can be coached out of players.

As for my current state of mind, I am happy with the win today, even if we didn't play we'll, and if we we win another couple in a row I'll probably start talking about promotion again.
Shade
You'd rather we play entertaining but lose than play unentertaining football and get points? Personally, last season wasn't dull or boring because we were up there. The results kept it entertaining.

Plus nobody really played any better than us last season,there were just a couple of teams that were more consistent.
51/84
As you say shade consistency is the key
40 1-0 wins will do me nicely
Alf
I disagree. I didn't think the results at home last season were generally good enough to compensate for some poor, unentertaining games. If we had won all our home games 1-0 we would have had automatic promotion and this may have been enough to send us home (ie round the pub) happy. Sadly, this was not the case.