travel to west Ham

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I see there are a few seats left but does not say how many buses or tickets sold
Can we have an update
Admin
Site Administrator
I think CTFC official Facebook announced that the 14th coach would be the last one.
Robin
Should be around a thousand travelling fans in that case.
CTFCFAN2011
I believe it was 1100 the other day
Robin
OK you can assume there will be a few hundred who don't have tickets yet.
Admin
Site Administrator
Robin

The official site said already sold about 1100 the other day so hopefully if there are any without tickets we could get about 1300 to 1400 - not bad for a long distance midweek evening game.
asl
Double what I expected, to be honest.
Cinderford robin
wednesday ctfc tweeted 1107 sold with ten coaches, yesterday tweeted we are now on the 14th coach, so say 1300- maybe 200 more on the day,not bad.
Robin
Only got my tickets today.
taxidave
Robin wrote:Only got my tickets today.
Was there any special reason why you left it until the very last day that they were on sale at Whaddon Road.?
taxidave
To all my "friends" on this forum I recommend The Boleyn pub on the corner of Green St and Barking Rd for a nice quiet drink.
Make sure you wear your colours with pride. :D
asl
taxidave wrote:To all my "friends" on this forum I recommend The Boleyn pub on the corner of Green St and Barking Rd for a nice quiet drink.
Is that one of the pubs Onlooker used to get oiled up in before rampaging with the other "fans", as he used to affectionately reminisce, on occasions....?
taxidave
asl wrote:
taxidave wrote:To all my "friends" on this forum I recommend The Boleyn pub on the corner of Green St and Barking Rd for a nice quiet drink.
Is that one of the pubs Onlooker used to get oiled up in before rampaging with the other "fans", as he used to affectionately reminisce, on occasions....?
Probably !!!!
I must admit it was very, very quiet when I was in there on Monday afternoon at about 4.30pm, just me and probably 6 other people in total and very inexpensive (for a London pub) at £2.50 for a pint of bitter.
Powelly
I went in there before the Haye v Chisora fight at Upton Park. Some right dodgy looking blokes, plenty of coke about...... but not the sort you drink.
CTFC03
I've also been told it's really dodgy around there, not sure if I should wear my colours or not?
taxidave
CTFC03 wrote:I've also been told it's really dodgy around there, not sure if I should wear my colours or not?
Oh go on, you'll be ok. :lol: :lol:
confused.com
taxidave wrote:
asl wrote:
Probably !!!!
I must admit it was very, very quiet when I was in there on Monday afternoon at about 4.30pm, just me and probably 6 other people in total and very inexpensive (for a London pub) at £2.50 for a pint of bitter.

Hmmmmm curious so few there ...... you didn't by any chance make it known in advance that your were going ???? ;)
Malabus
1349 Cheltenham tickets sold.
taxidave
confused.com wrote:
taxidave wrote: I must admit it was very, very quiet when I was in there on Monday afternoon at about 4.30pm, just me and probably 6 other people in total and very inexpensive (for a London pub) at £2.50 for a pint of bitter.

Hmmmmm curious so few there ...... you didn't by any chance make it known in advance that your were going ???? ;)
Judging by the number of shops selling halal meat and the way most women were dressed I would guess that alcohol is banned for most of the local inhabitants.
Malabus
The Taliban originated from the Barking Road.
TheRaven
Malabus wrote:The Taliban originated from the Barking Road.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal is back, and bang on form.
taxidave
Malabus wrote:The Taliban originated from the Barking Road.
Blimey Mal don't you realise that when people talk about West Ham being in the East End they mean the east end of London not the east end of the world. :lol:
Robin
taxidave wrote:
CTFC03 wrote:I've also been told it's really dodgy around there, not sure if I should wear my colours or not?
West Ham like Millwall have one of the countries most known and fierce hooligan followings, I believe that is their main drinking pub. Like most top clubs you won't be allowed near if the bouncers suspect you are an away fan.
taxidave
Robin wrote:
taxidave wrote:
West Ham like Millwall have one of the countries most known and fierce hooligan followings, I believe that is their main drinking pub. Like most top clubs you won't be allowed near if the bouncers suspect you are an away fan.
Really robin ! I wish I had known that before I ventured in. :shock: