Hello from a West Ham Fan

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

West Ham Fan
Morning, Hope you don't mind me signing up.

Just want to say great effort on 1.3k fans coming to Boleyn Ground on Tuesday night that is class support!

Seen a couple threads on should i wear colours bla bla bla, You will all be fine!! I'm sure there will be loads of younguns at the game due to cheap tickets so be loads family's.

Good luck on Tuesday and lets hope for a good match!

Any questions just ask :)
Joey
Do you think we can win?
asl
Hi, and thanks for coming on. With official club transport out of the question for me, I'm planning to head to Newnham General Hospital to park. Good idea or any alternative recommendations?
West Ham Fan
Joey wrote:Do you think we can win?
Yes you stand a huge chance, We lost to Aldershot not so long ago!! But think depends what type of team Big Sam puts out and i am hoping we will put out strong as possible so we can have a good cup run this season!

As for parking i normally get train, But loads people tend to park down barking road or near plastow station down some side roads.
Blakey 9
West ham fan there will be at least 1,500 cheltenham fans in the ground and we will make some noise !!!
taxidave
Blakey 9 wrote:West ham fan there will be at least 1,500 cheltenham fans in the ground and we will make some noise !!!
Why then, when there are double that number at Whaddon Road, is it so quiet ? :?
Admin
Site Administrator
taxidave wrote:
Blakey 9 wrote:West ham fan there will be at least 1,500 cheltenham fans in the ground and we will make some noise !!!
Why then, when there are double that number at Whaddon Road, is it so quiet ? :?
It's because you are going deaf Dave ;).
Blakey 9
it's always better away
taxidave
Blakey 9 wrote:it's always better away
I bet it was deafening at Accrington yesterday then ! :!:
Robin
Any recommendations on away drinking pubs, have heard it's very expensive to get a beer in the away end!
taxidave
Robin wrote:Any recommendations on away drinking pubs, have heard it's very expensive to get a beer in the away end!
There is a pub called The Queens which is right outside Upton Park tube station and they allow away fans in.
Whufc
Another hammer here.

May I start by wishing you well in the season ahead (after Tuesday) and for all of you coming to the game on Tuesday a safe trip.

As for parking there are a few options, a lot more than people think anyway. There is a Tesco at the junction of barking road and the A406 and is a 30 minute walk to the ground ( this then means no traffic to fight to get out). There are two car parks at east ham high street that will both be 3 after 6pm. This will be a 15 minute walk to the ground. For these options your best pub is the central. It is a mixed pub and a friendly atmosphere.

If you get to the ground early enough there is plenty of street parking around side streets. Where the world cup winners statue is there is a lot that is not permit parking. Also towards Plaistow there is more street parking and only a 10 minute walk if you park close to the barking road (Also the barking road down there is not permit parking). Best pub for these options will be the queens pub on green street.

Coming by tube make sure you get off at upton park. If it makes things easier you can get a bus from Stratford station towards Plaistow and walk. Stratford is served by the central line, jubile line, the DLR and national rail. There is also high speed trains to Stratford international.

If you have any questions just ask and I'll be more than happy to help.
West Ham Fan
Great to hear it will be more like 1.5k :D better then the likes of Wigan and Stoke!!!

Most pubs around the area are away fans friendly so you will be fine!!
confused.com
West Ham Fan wrote:Morning, Hope you don't mind me signing up.

Just want to say great effort on 1.3k fans coming to Boleyn Ground on Tuesday night that is class support!

Seen a couple threads on should i wear colours bla bla bla, You will all be fine!! I'm sure there will be loads of younguns at the game due to cheap tickets so be loads family's.

What are the 39 steps ? :P
taxidave
confused.com wrote:

Oh dear confused.com I sincerely hope that the West Ham fans who are logged on to this forum do not think that all Cheltenham fans are as stupid as you.
Robin
West Ham Fan wrote:Great to hear it will be more like 1.5k :D better then the likes of Wigan and Stoke!!!

Most pubs around the area are away fans friendly so you will be fine!!
Had it been a Saturday and on a weekend it would have been 5000+ too :D
confused.com
taxidave wrote:
confused.com wrote:

Oh dear confused.com I sincerely hope that the West Ham fans who are logged on to this forum do not think that all Cheltenham fans are as stupid as you.
Ouch TD good to see your acid tongue and rapier like 'wit' have come back to you. I knew you couldn't be restrained for too long in teh glasnost era LOL. You have simply no idea how much you have hurt me by that remark, I just hope I can recover from such a glorious put down. What is even more devatating for me is that I constantly seek your approval and admiration and to have fallen so far short ..... well what can I say. I shall just have to pick up the shattered pieces of my life and move on. At least I can comfort myself by going over your past erudite postings on all matters in which you are not only an expert, but also insightful and entertaining. I am sure all WHU folk flock here in their thousands to read the words of the master, Or (and here is a thought), some of them may have a sense of humour.
However, thank you. in this world of uncertainty, TD can always be relied on :lol: :lol: :lol:
little mo
people are saying that there are big queues for the tube after the match. Need to get to kings cross for last train at 11.30, do you think that will be a push?
taxidave
little mo wrote:people are saying that there are big queues for the tube after the match. Need to get to kings cross for last train at 11.30, do you think that will be a push?
It might be worthwhile getting off at Plaistow on your way to the ground and checking out the walking distance from there to the ground as the crowds should be less there at the end of the game.
As an indication it took me 40 minutes to get from Upton Park to Marylebone last Monday.
Malabus
Could there be extra time and possible penalties?
Chelt Luke in Glos
I should hope so! We could do with more noise than we created at scummy spurs! We need more people to join in with songs. What our problem is when we concede we go quiet. We should add to an already electric atmos at upton park :)
little mo
Malabus wrote:Could there be extra time and possible penalties?
In the unlikely event that happens Mal. There is no way I can stay beyond 90 minutes.