re 419

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

canningsman
can any one tell me how much of 419 is closed as was comeing to match Tuesday night from Swindon way
TheRaven
The A419 (on evenings when it is scheduled to be closed - can't quite remember what the dates are at this point) is shut northbound from Cricklade to Latton - the diversion takes you up to the Spine Road through Cricklade and is a fairly slow procession so best avoided if possible.
Admin
Site Administrator
I came that way after the West Ham game, and basically was directed off at the Cricklade turning and back on at the B4696 junction - whether it has moved up the road since then or not I dont know but I assume they are resurfacing or something.

It only added about 10 minutes to the journey (as there was minimal traffic around midnight) and you follow the 'circles' for the diversion (you will see what I mean).

I think it closed from 8pm onwards so going you should be ok.
TheRaven
However, the closures don't come into operation until 8pm, so if you're headed to the game then this will not affect your journey - and the southbound carriageway is unaffected. Bonus.
Nham68
Be unfortunate enough to hit that around 9PM and expect a 30 minute + delay. I got off a long haul flight in Heathrow and had that pleasure of 35 mins stop-start at about 9PM ... but , in the end, I use the route regularly so its good that its being resurfaced and one has to look at the benefit (I'm presuming thats the work being done !)
TheRaven
Yes, they're resurfacing the road, primarily (allegedly) for noise-reduction reasons...
asl
I was also forced off the A419 at the Cricklade junction. Didn't take me any longer to get home, mind... ;)

By the way, TheRaven, I don't think there's any 'allegedly' about it. Residents of Latton have been complaining about the noise caused by the concrete slab section of that road almost since the day it was opened.
Malabus
I fail to see what this has got to do with the Rubies. I have no option but to inform the Administrator immediately regarding its removal to the 'Smelly Swindon' chat.
TheRaven
asl wrote: By the way, TheRaven, I don't think there's any 'allegedly' about it. Residents of Latton have been complaining about the noise caused by the concrete slab section of that road almost since the day it was opened.
The only reason I stated allegedly was for this...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news ... from_A419/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They stopped short of the worst affected area... I suspect the work that is being done is actually just scheduled maintenance that they've palmed off as noise-reduction to try and look like they've listened to residents' complaints.
asl
Ah...hadn't realised the work was stopping before the concrete section. It's not nice - although it doesn't affect me at home. Occasionally, you can hear the road from my place, but it's rare. Strolling down the old canal towards Cerney Wick and South Cerney is ridiculously noisy so I can only imagine what it's like for the residents of Latton and those at that end of Cricklade.
canningsman
thanks everybody be able to get to game Tuesday