Bryan Jacob

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CliveGowing
It comes with sadness that yesterday I was notified that Bryan Jacob has recently passed away. Bryan was a keen follower of Cheltenham Town FC being a season ticket holder in the in2print stand. Bryan was a regular visitor to the training ground during John Ward's reign as manager and was also a regular poster on the robins nest during this time.

Bryan was influential in the set up of the Robins Trust taking up the role of secretary during our formation and the early years of the trust. Without Bryan’s efforts and enthusiasm towards the Robins Trust in the early years I am sure we would not be as successful and a have such a strong membership as we currently do.

I have wrote a few word on Bryan which will be posted on the trust website over the weekend.

Everyone involved in the Trust would like to offer their condolences to Brian's family and friends at this difficult time.
Admin
Site Administrator
Sorry to hear this. RIP Bryan and condolences to his family.

Andy.
RED ROB
Remember Bryan very well, very sad. RIP Bryan.
51/84
I knew Bryan but had not seen him for sometime
My condolences to the family
C.V
Sad news always used to see him out shopping in Bishops Cleeve but not for a long time now.He has been suffering for a long time R.I.P.
Nesty
Sad
Hubert Parry
A very sad week for the club and my thoughts go to friends and family. :(
Robin
Awful, news I remember Bryan but can't recall what he used to post as on here, was it BryanJ?
Si Robin
Very sad news. Thoughts with his family.
Chelt Luke in Glos
RIP, sad news
Uppy
Sad stuff. Not sure that I know him, but sounds like a great bloke and a great fan.
C.V
Yes Robin he did post as Bryan J
vcinthestand
Clive I cannot find the post on the trust site
can you post a link
CliveGowing
Our website expert is working away at the moment and I didn't realise when I put the first post so I have chased him up again to see if he can add this to our website. I have however copied the words below which is to be posted to our website.

Thanks
Clive

It is with great sadness that I have to report the death of Bryan Jacob.

Bryan was a keen supporter of Cheltenham Town FC and often spent time at the club’s training ground along with being a season ticket holder in the in2print stand.

Bryan was influential in the set-up of the Robins Trust, taking a significant role in the formation of the Trust and taking on the role of secretary.

It was a role Bryan took very seriously. He was always keen to ensure that his duties were completed on time and that the trust was represented in a professional manner.

Without Bryan’s efforts and enthusiasm towards the Robins Trust in the early years I am sure we would not be as successful and a have such a strong membership as we currently do.

Away from football Bryan enjoyed to travel and I remember him telling stories of trips to Australia during his time on the trust board.

Everyone involved in the Trust would like to offer their condolences to Brian's family and friends at this difficult time.

Clive Gowing - Trust Chairman.

Funeral Arrangements

The funeral service will take place at 12:30 on Thursday 12th September at St Michael's All Angels church in Bishop's Cleeve followed by a reception at Cotswold Grange Hotel.