Bury v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Chat, debate, team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/BuryAway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BURYFC
Is my match thread not good enough for you? :cry:
taxidave
BURYFC wrote:Is my match thread not good enough for you? :cry:
Will be live at kick off time and throughout the match
Nesty
another debacle. Not helped by the fact the JP chat thing failed to mention 2 of the first 3 Bury goals - and I got banned for pointing it out.

JP - here is a screen grab

Comment From RNFAdmin
still be good to see him back though.
3:05
JP: yes, exciting to have him back
3:05
Comment From Jeff
Bristol Rovers 1-0 Northampton
3:07
JP: CBB down injured
3:07
Comment From Oli
I can already imagine the own goal, it has to be one like when it's going in and they just accidentally smack it in, right?
3:08
JP: real shame, CBB was down, distraction for Cheltenham
3:09
Jon Palmer@JPEchoRobinsSido Jombati replaces the injured Craig Braham-Barrett in the 10th minute #ctfc
Comment From mark
goal of the season
Comment From Dave
why no billy jones?
Comment From Hubert
Billy Jones must be fuming.
3:10
JP: CBB was down for a while awaiting treatment, but the ball wouldn't go out of play!
3:11
JP: Procter header
3:11
Jon Palmer@JPEchoRobinsGOAL: Bury 2 (Procter 12) Cheltenham Town 1 #ctfc #bfc
3:13
Comment From RNFAdmin
but also JP - did we have the opportunity to put it out ourselves?
JP: no
Comment From Dave
wow jesus
Comment From Oli
Good lord.
JP: free header from a corner and Procter has scored at both ends
Comment From Oli
Jesus, I thought that was 3! Haha
Comment From RNFAdmin
must admit i thought we'd be in for a few goals today shared out. :)
Comment From hashtag
wtf -
Comment From julian
are we 2-1 down?
Comment From Guest
Wow. I'm stunned. Collapsed already. Now's a test of our character.
3:14
JP: I spelt his name wrong first time, it's Procter
Comment From hashtag
2-1 down? what happened to 1-1? and why arent my posts showing?
Comment From mark
on the radio jp it sounds like we ars getting hammered
3:15
JP: you probably should also have noticed it still said 2-1 then!
Comment From R.W.
Billy Jones his face does not fit
JP: Bury corner again
JP: Inniss heads clear
Comment From Oli
It was the fact another tweet came up! Haha
3:16
Comment From Dave
what is going on?
3:16
JP: Good ball into six yard, box, but far to easy for Cameron and now both CBs have scored
3:17
Comment From Guest
3-1 are you serious
3:17
Comment From Andy
I'm just really pleased that we've got a great squad this season and are certain to get promoted!!

so -
leohoenig
Sorry, the only thing I can spot that is wrong is "now both CBs have scored". Edjenguele did not score
Jon Palmer
I quickly corrected that just after this chain!
Nesty
leohoenig wrote:Sorry, the only thing I can spot that is wrong is "now both CBs have scored". Edjenguele did not score
It wasn't that I felt anything was wrong, it was what was missing. However I logged on again using Firefox and the goal tweets were there!! (I was using google chrome, which I am quickly going off!!)
leohoenig
Fair enough then JP! I was not looking at the stream at the time.
If you look at the BBC stream, the last line is "Trevor Carson crosses the ball in from the free kick." - which must be a shock as it was our free kick, and Carson is the Bury keeper. I am trying to recall, but did this free kick end up on hitting the roof of the net?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:
leohoenig wrote:Sorry, the only thing I can spot that is wrong is "now both CBs have scored". Edjenguele did not score
It wasn't that I felt anything was wrong, it was what was missing. However I logged on again using Firefox and the goal tweets were there!! (I was using google chrome, which I am quickly going off!!)
I use Chrome but JPs match thing does not work in Chrome - freezes and you can scroll so have to reload to see latest posts.
Nesty
chrome does not respond to clicking on links in a lot of websites
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No problem on any other sites I use.
Nesty
i think I will re-install it....
leohoenig
I have placed my thoughts on the game, and the current situation at the club to the blog, http://www.leohoenig.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coops
Good read, Leo.
leohoenig
You may want to check out Mark Halliwell's view, using the Ctfc chatter link at the top of the page. Better writing and a slightly different viewpoint.
taxidave
leohoenig wrote:You may want to check out Mark Halliwell's view, using the Ctfc chatter link at the top of the page. Better writing and a slightly different viewpoint.
Alternatively he could post his views on this forum. :roll:
Malabus
Mark's blog.

http://cheltenhamtownchatter.blogspot.c ... ry-ed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
So Mark Halliwell suddenly sees Jermaine as the best winger. This is the same McGlashan that he rubbished for the last 10 games of last season when Mo could do no wrong

Apart from that change in opinion he is not far off the mark.
The question is how does MY sort it
leohoenig
No, Mark did not rubbish McGlashan, he just refused to go along with those who rubbished Mo.
Robin
Interesting to read even Mark Halliwell is suggest we hold fire offering Yates and Howarth new deals until things are turned around. I believe this is the most logical course of action right now.
51/84
leohoenig wrote:No, Mark did not rubbish McGlashan, he just refused to go along with those who rubbished Mo.
Here we go the paddockites out to defend one of their own
Their spokesman or is it mouth piece
He was complaining that McGlashan had no finished product and I quote 'but he could be so much more with better end product.'
leohoenig
You don't get me, I'm part of the Paddock!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:
leohoenig wrote:No, Mark did not rubbish McGlashan, he just refused to go along with those who rubbished Mo.
He was complaining that McGlashan had no finished product and I quote 'but he could be so much more with better end product.'
It was never a matter of Mo vs McG (well, the idiots may have thought it was). Anyone with a brain recognised the strengths and weaknesses of both players. Stop trying to stir up a feud where there is no need.
C.V
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
51/84 wrote:
It was never a matter of Mo vs McG (well, the idiots may have thought it was). Anyone with a brain recognised the strengths and weaknesses of both players. Stop trying to stir up a feud where there is no need.

Bit strong there calling people idiots l note Mo remained on the bench again at Vale over the weekend
51/84
The point I am trying to make RCS is that the BBC Gloucestershire reporter who last backend could not say anything positive about McGlashan has changed his mind
Similarly last 10 matches of last season we were being bombarded on here with how wonderful Mo was and how poor McGlashan was well it appears that McGlashan is coming back into favour.
If those in the paddock or former paddockites think so it must be true
So we will have your full rundown of the good , the bad and the ugly at 17.00 on Saturday
leohoenig
51/84 wrote: So we will have your full rundown of the good , the bad and the ugly at 17.00 on Saturday
No way - unless you join me in the bar.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:The point I am trying to make RCS is that the BBC Gloucestershire reporter who last backend could not say anything positive about McGlashan has changed his mind
Similarly last 10 matches of last season we were being bombarded on here with how wonderful Mo was and how poor McGlashan was well it appears that McGlashan is coming back into favour.
If those in the paddock or former paddockites think so it must be true
So we will have your full rundown of the good , the bad and the ugly at 17.00 on Saturday
Any praise for Mo was to counter the constant OTT abuse he took on here.
leohoenig
No, I liked Mo as a player, and I liked his dad as a drinking companion!
There were too many on here last season that saw McGlashan as the superstar and Mo as the scapegoat. I would not accept that, but nor would I reverse those positions.