Jones

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I assume that Jones will never play for CTFC again or at least not while MY is in charge
If my assumption is correct then let him go on loan and recoup some of the wages, or will we just pay him off as we have done with a few others last season
RED ROB
Shame that yet another player is suffering the deep freeze treatment.
You never know will probably made his next appearance in the playoff's for us.
:lol: Its an omen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Surely he must play tomorrow given injuries.
Robin
If he is still here tomorrow, don't rule out Billy leaving and another defender coming in to replace him.
Chelt Luke in Glos
Why doesnt yates play him! :x
trickster
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:Why doesnt yates play him! :x
You should know by now Luke when a player falls out with Mr Yates its permanent there aint no going back.
horlickfanclub
It has cost us a lot in payoffs- poor man manager.The Chairman needs to get a grip of this sort of stuff.
Robin
Robin wrote:If he is still here tomorrow, don't rule out Billy leaving and another defender coming in to replace him.

:D :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Robin wrote:If he is still here tomorrow, don't rule out Billy leaving and another defender coming in to replace him.

the replacement is not here yet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:

Noble.... no wonder you weren't given a defenders name!
51/84
smalls of ward buying a defender when he went shopping for a striker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:smalls of ward buying a defender when he went shopping for a striker
panic - which of the middle two/three do we drop, or will we go for an unprecedented five central midfielders in the same team?
Nesty
shambles.
hEaLeR
Mr Cotterill never had a falling out with anyone and all his signings worked out a treat.
Cheltenhamshire10
hEaLeR wrote:Mr Cotterill never had a falling out with anyone and all his signings worked out a treat.
Just Jimmy Smith.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
hEaLeR wrote:Mr Cotterill never had a falling out with anyone and all his signings worked out a treat.
Jason White was the pick of the bunch.
hEaLeR
Cheltenhamshire10 wrote:
Just Jimmy Smith.....
and Keith Hill
and Carl Muggleton
and Jason White
and......

All managers have players who they don't want at some time or another. It's no surprise.
C.V
Thats it then lets take the pressure of Yates and start slatting the best manager this club has ever had :roll:
hEaLeR
C.V wrote:Thats it then lets take the pressure of Yates and start slatting the best manager this club has ever had :roll:
Just find it funny when people start saying the club is a shambles.

Would you like to quote me where I was slating any ex manager in this thread?
hEaLeR
Players come and go. Some leave more memories than others.

Writing was on the wall with Jones as soon as CBB signed.
Cheltenhamshire10
C.V wrote:Thats it then lets take the pressure of Yates and start slatting the best manager this club has ever had :roll:
Just tongue in cheek to say even great managers (which Cotterill indubitably was for us) have bad signings and falling out with players. Yates is not perfect, but he gets slammed badly for some of these things when it happens with all managers.
Reliant Robin
I'm sorry to see Billy Jones leave, particularly as he provided so many assists last year. We have missed that with Billy & Kaid both having now gone.

In terms of a defender leaving & a midfielder coming in, I suspect that Matt Richards might get switched to defence as he can play as a full back. That would also accommodate Noble.
C.V
The difference was Cotterill came up with the goods Promotions what has Yates won so far thats my argument
Nesty
Yates has signed all but one of the current squad, so if Jones was not good enough why was he signed? (or if there is more to it of course!), also we keep hearing that we will only sign good characters - LOL - Taylor, Jones, Harrison have already thrown their toys out, we had the under utilisation of Harrad and Duffy last season, now Gillespie and Harrison are spending more time on the bench than on the field.
As I have said up until this season Yates' record of signing players has been excellent - only problem is that he doesnt seem to be able to knit them into a good team consistently. This season I have to stay undecided about all but Gornell.
CBB is non league standard, Richards is hot & cold, Vincent was a joke signing and Troy B !! not big enough and not good enough.
We have Sido and Jermaine McMarmite not firing on all cylinders, Deering playing out of position, comments about Penn "jogging" for 70 minutes at Bury.........
shambles
something is not right.
I agree with MH we should defer offering Yates any contract extension.
CS85
So we think yates has got rid pf a perfectly decent left back and signed a midfielder so he can slot our most likely creative midfielder to left back?,the blokes on a mission to self distruct.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We are not slating him. Jeez.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CS85 wrote:So we think yates has got rid pf a perfectly decent left back and signed a midfielder so he can slot our most likely creative midfielder to left back?,the blokes on a mission to self distruct.
I don't think Noble will play left back.