Yates on targets, injuries and Plymouth in the JPT

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/YatesPlymouthJPT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leohoenig
I cannot listen to videos when I am at work. So if anyone wants to re-print any interesting notes from JP, please feel free to.
THECHOIRBOY
leohoenig wrote:I cannot listen to videos when I am at work. So if anyone wants to re-print any interesting notes from JP, please feel free to.
Basically

- He wants to bring a couple in but budget may not allow it. Happy with what he has but lying if he said he didnt think we needed reinforcements based on what he has seen so far
- Troy, Elliot, CBB and maybe Richards out for tomorrow. Elliott should be ok for Saturday
- Cureton may be sub tomorrow
- Tomorrow a few will be given a chance to show what they can do who have been on the bench......
leohoenig
Thanks, Choirboy - assume Cureton will be given a run out if up to it, in order that he shows fitness for Saturday.
If Jones neither goes out on loan, nor plays tomorrow, then I might start believing some of the theories about him on here.
51/84
so do we risk our keeper or is it Roberts
Sido Lowe Innis Richards
McGlashan/ Vincent Penn Taylor Deering
Gornell Harrison
subs
keeper, mcGalshan/Vincent Cureton Zak Jones end off unless we have another player in
Shade
CBB has said he is out for 3-4 weeks on twitter. Had his x-ray and there's no break. Also, Richards is a doubt for tomorrow night. Don't know where I read that...probably on here.
R_Payney
Shade wrote:CBB has said he is out for 3-4 weeks on twitter. Had his x-ray and there's no break. Also, Richards is a doubt for tomorrow night. Don't know where I read that...probably on here.
Yates says it in the interview with JP
Shade
R_Payney wrote:
Shade wrote:CBB has said he is out for 3-4 weeks on twitter. Had his x-ray and there's no break. Also, Richards is a doubt for tomorrow night. Don't know where I read that...probably on here.
Yates says it in the interview with JP
:lol: and it's summed up 3 posts above, no less.
taxidave
leohoenig wrote:If Jones neither goes out on loan, nor plays tomorrow, then I might start believing some of the theories about him on here.
You had better start believing Leo !!
51/84
ok leo can you explain what you think has been going on between Jones and Yates
C.V
taxidave wrote:
leohoenig wrote:If Jones neither goes out on loan, nor plays tomorrow, then I might start believing some of the theories about him on here.

Perhaps the Rose Tinters will start smelling the coffee there are real problems and its not just with the players
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Knives are out.
51/84
can you explain further CV?
Shade
C.V wrote:
taxidave wrote:

Perhaps the Rose Tinters will start smelling the coffee there are real problems and its not just with the players
And I bet the doom mongers are absolutely pissing themselves with glee that even though they don't have a clue what's going on inside the club they've managed to persuade some that it's all going wrong, when really we've had some injuries and nothing more than a bad start to the season.

This is all I shall post on the CTFC section of the forum for the time being as anyone who dares to be optimistic is looked upon as a fool by the drama queens here and immediately shouted down. To those people, I give you a one fingered salute. May you hang your heads in shame when Yates leads us to promotion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Go arn Shadey, stick it it to 'em. See you in L1 next season!
Horteng
C.V wrote:
taxidave wrote:

Agreed CV........ I think there are some worrying underlying problems in the camp at the moment
51/84
OK CV and horteng what are these underlying problem that so few people know about
Has voldermat returned
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:OK CV and horteng what are these underlying problem that so few people know about
Has voldermat returned
Agreed - reveal all.
little mo
What I don't get, is why CV and Horteng and one or two others, just don't come straight out with it, and say that Yatesy should be sacked. No more pissing about with snide comments, just spit it out boys. My thoughts are that he will get things right. Loved him as a player, always gave 100% then and I am sure he does now.
vcinthestand
you see mo that makes them big boys who have secrets and if your not in their gang they aint going to tell you.
It also means that they can deny every having said anything.
Having said that I am not sure that i have seen CV or for that matter keep banging on so much so they must know something
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vcinthestand wrote:you see mo that makes them big boys who have secrets and if your not in their gang they aint going to tell you.
It also means that they can deny every having said anything.
Having said that I am not sure that i have seen CV or for that matter keep banging on so much so they must know something
They know naff all until they reveal.
Horteng
little mo wrote:What I don't get, is why CV and Horteng and one or two others, just don't come straight out with it, and say that Yatesy should be sacked. No more pissing about with snide comments, just spit it out boys. My thoughts are that he will get things right. Loved him as a player, always gave 100% then and I am sure he does now.
I don't want him sacked though........ Just want him to drop the attitude (As I think he has done in the last week or so to be fair) and get the team back to winning ways
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:
little mo wrote:What I don't get, is why CV and Horteng and one or two others, just don't come straight out with it, and say that Yatesy should be sacked. No more pissing about with snide comments, just spit it out boys. My thoughts are that he will get things right. Loved him as a player, always gave 100% then and I am sure he does now.
I don't want him sacked though........ Just want him to drop the attitude (As I think he has done in the last week or so to be fair) and get the team back to winning ways
Then lets back him to do that!
C.V
I dont know what the problem is.Regency you need to make your mind up you seem to be running with the Hare and the Hounds.There obviously is a problem players wanting out and not fighting for there place the season is only weeks old and we are paying players off.We have a paper thin squad as it is made up of untried youngsters.If you think there is no problems fine but as every game passes us by the harder it will be to get fans coming through the gates.
Its been said many times there is no plan B after Saturdays farce l dont think there is even a plan A
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:I dont know what the problem is.Regency you need to make your mind up you seem to be running with the Hare and the Hounds.There obviously is a problem players wanting out and not fighting for there place the season is only weeks old and we are paying players off.We have a paper thin squad as it is made up of untried youngsters.If you think there is no problems fine but as every game passes us by the harder it will be to get fans coming through the gates.
Its been said many times there is no plan B after Saturdays farce l dont think there is even a plan A
I said in my 'stick together' post that it was clearly a bit of bother in the camp so I agree there, but I think it's very early days and we can get through it and come out a stronger club - which may help come the crunch time of the season where we have been weak the last two campaigns.
51/84
so let me get this straight CV
You dont know what the problem is but you know there is one
Perhaps that is exactly where Yates is
So he has signed Noble and renewed Innis and according to JP he is trying to get someone else in

So lets just put the boot in instead of supporting the manager, the players , the club
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:so let me get this straight CV
You dont know what the problem is but you know there is one
Perhaps that is exactly where Yates is
So he has signed Noble and renewed Innis and according to JP he is trying to get someone else in

So lets just put the boot in instead of supporting the manager, the players , the club
Indeed.

We should be discussing whether this is 'our season' to win the JPT and the fact we are playing Portsmouth for the first time and that there should be a decent crowd given how many they are bringing.

Both positive things to look forward to, and better for club than these obtuse criticisms.
vickeryc
I agree with those who've said that it's far too early in the season to be talking everything down. Sure, the results have been way below what we all want/ expect; but, as some of the more rational/ less hysterical posters have pointed out, injuries have been a major factor. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. And having a go at MY and the players can only do harm, rather than good, for the club

It never fails to amaze how pessimism can take over like a disease. As RCS suggested, why not wait another 10 games or so for the season to settle down before passing judgement. Some will doubtless think this is a complacent attitude; I believe it's taking a measured approach without indulging in needless panic. Knee-jerk reactions rarely lead to satisfactory outcomes. They are invariably unfounded opinions fuelled by frustration.

I recall Swindon Town languishing near the bottom of the table a couple of seasons' ago, yet they ran away with the title. All is not over yet.
Sprout Picker
vickeryc wrote:I agree with those who've said that it's far too early in the season to be talking everything down. Sure, the results have been way below what we all want/ expect; but, as some of the more rational/ less hysterical posters have pointed out, injuries have been a major factor. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. And having a go at MY and the players can only do harm, rather than good, for the club

It never fails to amaze how pessimism can take over like a disease. As RCS suggested, why not wait another 10 games or so for the season to settle down before passing judgement. Some will doubtless think this is a complacent attitude; I believe it's taking a measured approach without indulging in needless panic. Knee-jerk reactions rarely lead to satisfactory outcomes. They are invariably unfounded opinions fuelled by frustration.

I recall Swindon Town languishing near the bottom of the table a couple of seasons' ago, yet they ran away with the title. All is not over yet.
Well said.
leohoenig
taxidave wrote:
No need to. Jones cannot play tonight. He is no longer one of our players.
Benctfc
Sprout Picker wrote:
vickeryc wrote:I agree with those who've said that it's far too early in the season to be talking everything down. Sure, the results have been way below what we all want/ expect; but, as some of the more rational/ less hysterical posters have pointed out, injuries have been a major factor. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. And having a go at MY and the players can only do harm, rather than good, for the club

Well said.
I agree about waiting for at least another 5 games but it annoys me when people compare us to the Swindon situation. They had a far superior squad and better resources. Can't compare the two Swindon it was inevitable they would kick on and win promotion with us it is not.
Si Robin
I don't believe it was inevitable at all. In fact people were saying Di Canio was a mad man and the wrong man for the job.

The difference with Swindon was that the players who started the season were not the players who ended it. There was a big upheaval there midway through the season, and this is where I agree with you Ben, which we simply won't be able to consider.

What I will compare us to is our team on 01/02. Whilst no-one was hysterical like a lot of people seem to be now, I remember a lot of people at the end of those 6 games and 3 points thinking that we've had our chances at making the playoffs and we'd then have to simply accept being a 3rd division team. What did happen was arguably (05/06 pushes it very close) our best season in the Football League.
confused.com
When push comes to shove, most people (include myself on this one) moan, because they are watching players playing well below their best. That is not knocking the club, not saying the manager is useless, not saying the players are useless. Just a burning desire to see them CONSISTENTLY put in a decent shift. To show us the ability to make a simple 5 yard pass, to display a work ethic that supporters expect from someone in a CTFC shirt. It may be that we look back to the Conference days (and earlier) when what was needed most was hard work. However, in League 2 there is very little place for a team of Messi's (not that we have one). I do believe we have a team that can compete, pretty sure I saw a glimpse of that in 45 mins against Burton and in the Crawley game.
However that only leads to infuriate me more when I am served up dross at Plymouth, Bury and to a lesser extent at Accrington. Fool that I am (or is that a misled optimist), I shall be showing my support again tonight and Saturday as usual. What would be nice is if the players would turn up and play as if they cared. Play that way for 90 minutes and EVERY 90 minutes.
Injuries may weaken a squad, but it should NOT make the squad throw in their hand at the first sign of trouble. I don't know how they can look each other in the eye after some of their recent performances and I doubt if before a match, they can look at the man beside them in the eye and be certain he has your back and will do whatever it takes to support them. As I said in other posts, the time has come not only for the supporters to come together, but more importantly the squad comes together and agree that there will be no more promises of 'a positive reaction after that one', because we have seen our last capitulation !!
No Surrender