Echo and Jones and rumours

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I see in the echo on line that there are comments starting to appear
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... z2dryADOXg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So there are comment I see that we conceeded another 3 goals against 10 men.
Well that sort of comments tells me there is another keyboard, fairweather supporter
Cannot be bothered to turn up but ready to comment

Other comments about fighting in the dressing room etc , player unhappy about having an overnight
Now is the chance for JP to ask some hard hitting questions. I am sure he has heard even more bizarre rumours circulating but I am confident that a couple of wins and the ship will be on an even keel
confused.com
51/84 wrote:I see in the echo on line that there are comments starting to appear
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... z2dryADOXg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that sort of comments tells me there is another keyboard, fairweather supporter

Other comments about fighting in the dressing room etc , player unhappy about having an overnight
Now is the chance for JP to ask some hard hitting questions. I am sure he has heard even more bizarre rumours circulating but I am confident that a couple of wins and the ship will be on an even keel
have to say it is one facet of the on-line Echo I find quite abhorrent. The ability for any misinformed Tom Dick or Harry to get virtually anything printed in the comments forum of a story. Thus by default giving it some validity in the eyes of some. I know of cases in the past where, with certain story lines, the paper has been forced to withdraw the ability to post comments, under threat of legal action. They should really stop this sort of access on a newspaper web page. Bad enough having to read some of the nutters on here, but at least we have the luxury of knowing what to expect and ignoring. On the Echo site, any casual passer-by would have no way of extracting the truth from bile
Nesty
Agree, surely as most websites are build to be "content managed" there ought to be a box for the editors to tick if they don't want the article to be open to comments.
Admin
Site Administrator
Nesty wrote:Agree, surely as most websites are build to be "content managed" there ought to be a box for the editors to tick if they don't want the article to be open to comments.
There usually is as I know there have been more controversial stories on there that you couldnt comment on.
confused.com
Admin wrote:
Nesty wrote:Agree, surely as most websites are build to be "content managed" there ought to be a box for the editors to tick if they don't want the article to be open to comments.
There usually is as I know there have been more controversial stories on there that you couldnt comment on.
Probably the case of the ones where legal action was threatened
HansGruber
You can't compare the echo and TIG websites to other content managed sites. They have to be two of the poorest sites in terms of design and functionality that i've seen in years. An utter disgrace to be the online presence of a media source that wants credibility.
Ralph
HansGruber wrote:You can't compare the echo and TIG websites to other content managed sites. They have to be two of the poorest sites in terms of design and functionality that i've seen in years. An utter disgrace to be the online presence of a media source that wants credibility.
got to agree re both.. it used to be good. Now its just a poor mess. Hardly spend any time on there now. Not good for people that are away from home
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
51/84 wrote:I see in the echo on line that there are comments starting to appear

have to say it is one facet of the on-line Echo I find quite abhorrent. The ability for any misinformed Tom Dick or Harry to get virtually anything printed in the comments forum of a story. Thus by default giving it some validity in the eyes of some. I know of cases in the past where, with certain story lines, the paper has been forced to withdraw the ability to post comments, under threat of legal action. They should really stop this sort of access on a newspaper web page. Bad enough having to read some of the nutters on here, but at least we have the luxury of knowing what to expect and ignoring. On the Echo site, any casual passer-by would have no way of extracting the truth from bile
Think the Echo is bad then check The Mail online.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
HansGruber wrote:You can't compare the echo and TIG websites to other content managed sites. They have to be two of the poorest sites in terms of design and functionality that i've seen in years. An utter disgrace to be the online presence of a media source that wants credibility.
got to agree re both.. it used to be good. Now its just a poor mess. Hardly spend any time on there now. Not good for people that are away from home
Yup, pretty awful.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:[
Same company I believe.
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Yup, pretty awful.
It's all the "OK Magazine" mentality stuff on it that gets my goat. No relevance to Cheltenham and surrounding area.
Artemis
taxidave wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:[
Same company I believe.
No, the Echo is owned by Local World - bought from the Daily Mail Group or whatever its called in June. Local World focus solely on local rags. But I agree with the original sentiment - along with the Daily Express, the Daily Mail is an abhorrent excuse for a newspaper.
RED ROB
And on recent events, the kings of copy and paste.
Seen a lot taken from this and Plymouths forums.
Now that is really classy reporting.
No wonder hardly anyone buys the rag.