VOLUNTEERS NEEDED PLEASE - Tomorrow's Game

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Taz1985
I am looking for 2 people who can help me out tomorrow taking tickets on the away turnstiles.

Free entry for those that can do it. (Saves you paying the premium price).

Only downside is you may miss the first 10 - 15 minutes.

If you are interested please PM me ASAP.

Thanks

Tarran
51/84
So thats ok as you will see the fight back :lol:
Malabus
Free Entry....do you want me to tweet Sonny Bradley the details.
C.V
Malabus wrote:Free Entry....do you want me to tweet Sonny Bradley the details.
Good Idea :lol:
Taz1985
Thanks all.

No volunteers at all.

Don't moan if there is queues today.

Thanks
Daveangel
Taz1985 wrote:Thanks all.

No volunteers at all.

Thanks
Don't moan? On here? Surely you jest?

That's a truly shocking effort!
Admin
Site Administrator

No volunteers at all.

Thanks
Hopefully the queues will be at the Portsmouth away end anyway as thats where you wanted people ;) :)
Taz1985
And that's where there will be a full complimentary of turnstiles open.

Good old H&S.
taxidave
Daveangel wrote:
No volunteers at all.
Thanks
Not really a shocking effort, I expect most fans think like me that if the club can pay off a player just a few weeks into the season they must have money to burn and so can easily afford to pay a few more turnstile operators rather than asking for cheap volunteers.
everyman
Taz1985 wrote:And that's where there will be a full complimentary of turnstiles open.

Good old H&S.
Complimentary turnstiles for Sonny bradleys friends amd family ?
Ralph
taxidave wrote:
Daveangel wrote:
No volunteers at all.
Thanks
Not really a shocking effort, I expect most fans think like me that if the club can pay off a player just a few weeks into the season they must have money to burn and so can easily afford to pay a few more turnstile operators rather than asking for cheap volunteers.
They are getting free entry though Dave. People complain about ticket prices and heres a chance to get in for free.. How much is the ticket..23? Good value for a little bit of work.
taxidave
Ralph wrote:They are getting free entry though Dave. People complain about ticket prices and heres a chance to get in for free.. How much is the ticket..23? Good value for a little bit of work.
Surely it is a lot cheaper than that on the terraces.
Malabus

No volunteers at all.

Thanks
"Queues" ... sure the floaters have full knowledge that Portsmouth are not a Premiership club or that we are playing a 4th RD FA cup match.
Uppy
To be fair, I'd imagine a decent number of people on here that are going will already have tickets OR want to watch the whole game. You're better off asking at the university or somewhere, although I appreciate it's late notice.
Malabus
I would have volunteered; but I will not be able to get to the ground till 14.20/14.30.
PRE AMF
They need to look after the home supporters first - the lack of staff at the PRE/Tunnel turnstiles was poor yesterday. This was only matched by the distinctly surly attitude from the "volunteer" on the Tunnel turnstile.

Volunteers or not, these people are the supporter facing representatives of the club on matchdays, the front line, and they have to realise this. Just turning up and taking money is not enough for a free ticket - a smile and common courtesy should also be on offer.

If they open the turnstiles at 13:00 and close them at around 15:15 then that's more than £10 per hour that they will have earned (albeit in return for a ticket). That's decent money. I suspect it is far more than the stewards earn per hour and is probably close to the pay of a police officer - there's something to think on.
Daveangel
Uppy wrote:To be fair, I'd imagine a decent number of people on here that are going will already have tickets OR want to watch the whole game. You're better off asking at the university or somewhere, although I appreciate it's late notice.
We have a rota system involving about 12 volunteers. I know most of those "have tickets" as they're ST holders. I also, strangely, prefer to watch all of the game, but am willing to miss a few minutes 6 times a season if it helps my club out, and saves it a few quid. And we smile and are polite :D
taxidave
Daveangel wrote:We have a rota system involving about 12 volunteers. I know most of those "have tickets" as they're ST holders. I also, strangely, prefer to watch all of the game, but am willing to miss a few minutes 6 times a season if it helps my club out, and saves it a few quid. And we smile and are polite :D
Dave could you please give me a shout when it is Neil's turn on the rota as I would dearly love to see him smile and be polite, surely a moment to treasure. :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Haha.
Neil
taxidave wrote:
Daveangel wrote:We have a rota system involving about 12 volunteers. I know most of those "have tickets" as they're ST holders. I also, strangely, prefer to watch all of the game, but am willing to miss a few minutes 6 times a season if it helps my club out, and saves it a few quid. And we smile and are polite :D
Dave could you please give me a shout when it is Neil's turn on the rota as I would dearly love to see him smile and be polite, surely a moment to treasure. :lol: :lol:
Dave, are you trying to be nasty there? Should I ring 999 or 101?
Ralph
whats 101
Neil
http://www.police.uk/101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Education, it's a good thing to have.
RTT
Ralph wrote:whats 101
Non emergency Police line
Ralph
ok.. thanks
Taz1985
PRE AMF wrote:They need to look after the home supporters first - the lack of staff at the PRE/Tunnel turnstiles was poor yesterday3 PRE turnstiles and 1 Tunnel. Nothing different there from any other season. This was only matched by the distinctly surly attitude from the "volunteer" on the Tunnel turnstile. Please PM me or let me know on here what you found to be wrong please? I cannot do anything without knowing what the problem may have been.

Volunteers or not, these people are the supporter facing representatives of the club on matchdays, the front line, and they have to realise this. Just turning up and taking money is not enough for a free ticket - a smile and common courtesy should also be on offer.As most of our operators do try and do. A Please and thank you doesn't go amiss either. I am in no way saying they are all saints, but the way we get spoken to by "Home " supporters is sometimes, disgusting

If they open the turnstiles at 13:00 and close them at around 15:15 then that's more than £10 per hour that they will have earned (albeit in return for a ticket). That's decent money. I suspect it is far more than the stewards earn per hour and is probably close to the pay of a police officer - there's something to think on.
If anyone does have any problems with any turnstile operators, please PM me and let me know. All I need is the match you attended and which turnstile you are referring to.
Flux
If I wasnt already volunteering for the club on matchdays you could count me in I'll get in touch if/when I dont have any duties to do on matchdays
Ralph
PRE AMF wrote:They need to look after the home supporters first - the lack of staff at the PRE/Tunnel turnstiles was poor yesterday. This was only matched by the distinctly surly attitude from the "volunteer" on the Tunnel turnstile.

Volunteers or not, these people are the supporter facing representatives of the club on matchdays, the front line, and they have to realise this. Just turning up and taking money is not enough for a free ticket - a smile and common courtesy should also be on offer.

If your going to make wild allegations Mr 1 post.. back them up and reply when you get contacted by PM to ask more about what happened.. otherwise you might be branded a troublemaker?
C.V
Must say l was baffled by the originator of this thread.I have always found the turnstile operator to be very polite and well mannered never ever had any problems