Gambling - league 2 through to national games

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nham68
Just watching England game - think its quite shocking to see all the rolling adverts for gambling on LED boards. Not allowed to advertise alcohol or tobacco, so how does something equally or more addictive get away with it ? Then I think about all the clubs who com to WR who are sponsored by gambling outfits - bet365 etc...
Considering there are kids watching, I'm quite horrified how something so addictive such as online gambling is becoming part of our footballing fabric. I have no truck with being able to pop into the bookies , but the online gambling industry is sucking billions out of people - some sane, some crazy, some vulnerable - and then not even paying tax as its all offshore !
Have to say, WR is good in this respect - very little or no gambling promotion.
taxidave
I have to admit it is not one of my many sins, I have never had a bet in my life, so I agree let's ban gambling along with smoking, drinking and swearing.
Then all we would have to moan about on this forum would be the sh1t football. :lol:
C.V
[quote="taxidave"]
Then all we would have to moan about on this forum would be the sh1t football. :lol:[/quote

I will have a tenner with you this board will be red hot tommorow if we lose again :shock:
taxidave
C.V wrote:
taxidave wrote: Then all we would have to moan about on this forum would be the sh1t football. :lol:
I will have a tenner with you this board will be red hot tomorrow if we lose again :shock:
You're on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Site Administrator
Dave - for half, how about I fix it that the Board is not accessible tomorrow so you win the bet :)

unfortunately I cant do match fixing though...
51/84
but do we know someone who can?

There was a scottish reporter (explayer) about 2 weeks ago said it was widespread, but he didnt name names or clubs

But is buty and selling stocks and shares not gambling
Some will say it is and some will say that poker is a skill

I bet ( no pun intended) that a few quid goes on the horses every year

Actually our sponsors are a shower!
Malabus
Nham68 does raise a valid point.
ctfc-fan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24051749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Now Wonga are involved in football, those vulnerable people who lose all their money to gambling firms can take out a loan. Just need bankruptcy advice services to advertise and then we have the full set. Some of the TV adverts are worse as they really play into the aspects which get people hooked - almost like advertising fags by giving people a drag. As long as fans demand better players football clubs take cash from whoever offers the most.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not enough hydraulic actuation advertising at other grounds
El Capitano
I agree with the points raised however gambling raises a huge amount of cash for the exchequer.