how did we draw?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
I thought Shevates was the kitman
51/84
not the last 2 home matches
Nesty
51/84 wrote:The players - nesty

So is Hutton now on the staff and who was the kitman/water man
Too many chiefs and not enough indians

So now I get why people were asking what Howarth does if he does not do the training

It shouldnt be down to the Chairman to tell the players to pull their fingers out
C.V
OK for those who didnt get the programe Baker said.

If nothing else fans have a right to expect there team to give 100%.We can all excues a misplaced pass,off target shot or poor clearance but a lack of effort or commitment is inexcusable.

Think we all as fans agree with this from the chairman lets hope its rattled the cage a bit and the players and managment buck there ideas up.
Robin
Obviously Byron didn't read those comments before Saturday's game then, on several occasions he couldn't be bothered to jump for headers or close down the Pompey keeper when he had the ball at his feet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Obviously Byron didn't read those comments before Saturday's game then, on several occasions he couldn't be bothered to jump for headers or close down the Pompey keeper when he had the ball at his feet.
I saw no strikers chasing the keeper down.

Also, I was right in line for one of the headers. He ducked out of it like you say, and initially I thought "what the hell" but the ball went straight to Gornell's feet who then tried to feed McG. People around me all applauded then as it was a sign of a good link-up between the two strikers with Harrison leaving it for Gornell who must have called for it. A sensible move from Byron, as heading it when 30 yards from goal is pointless and not what I want to see CTFC play, whereas letting Gornell get it further up the pitch is more dangerous.

When it came to the business end - corners, free-kicks and crosses in the box, Byron got two or three flick-ons from good jumps, and headers across the box are dangerous.

I am not saying he makes 100% of headers, or charges everyone down every time - he does not. I am just trying to balance things out as he did more than Gillespie and was just as effective as Gornell on Saturday in my opinion, so does not need the constant special treatment from some on here.
51/84
I agree with RCS I saw the incident and assumed that Gornell gave a call as Byron positively ducked.
I dont think he is as effective a target man as Gornell but I didnt see Gornell win many balls in the air either

Byron was not playing at the point so why should he close the keeper down , what instructions had been given
I think you will see that it was Byron who played the ball to Gornell for disallowed goal

Why dont people just say they dont like Harrison instead of persecuting him ( And no I am not getting at you Robin )
Robin
I actually feel Byron has a role to play but his game is about turning defenders not as a target man however I do understand the criticism because he often appears lazy.
everyman
Robin wrote:I actually feel Byron has a role to play but his game is about turning defenders not as a target man however I do understand the criticism because he often appears lazy.
Son of Justin Richards ?
51/84
No everyman we are not playing to harrisons strengths
He is an intelligent player and a confidence player
I see you and others are out to demotivate him
see Robins comment above yours
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
agree 51/84. It's not nice to see fans wanting to see a player fail