Captain Scott Brown

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video after the Portsmouth game here: http://bit.ly/BrownPortsmouth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vcinthestand
are we doing enough on the training ground then Scotty :lol:
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:Video after the Portsmouth game here: http://bit.ly/BrownPortsmouth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scott said he is always vocal,but i noticed it more with him wearing the captains band.Idoubt if M.Yates is that subtle ,but making him skipper will encourage him to communicate more.
trickster
Making Scott captain seems bizarre to me.
CTFC03
Outfield players should be captains, surpirsed it wasn't given to Elliot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Penn next game.
RTT
CTFC03 wrote:Outfield players should be captains, surpirsed it wasn't given to Elliot.
Elliott relinquished being on field captain a couple of seasons ago. He is a far as I am aware still club captain.

In my humble opinion it is not really important who is captain on the field, they participates in the toss and 'officially' do little else. Several players do a lot of 'encouraging' role such as Taylor, Elliott, Noble, etc
C.V
Think Penn was stripped of the captains arm band for disclosing the players were arguing in the dressing room what goes on in there is meant to stay in there just my opinion.
Horteng
I always like to see a CB wearing the armband
RTT
C.V wrote:Think Penn was stripped of the captains arm band for disclosing the players were arguing in the dressing room what goes on in there is meant to stay in there just my opinion.
Stop reading what you want to read. When Penn came off on Tuesday he gave the armband to Scott. Scott had the armband on Saturday as Penn didn't start. It is as simple as that. Mark after the game when as why Penn didn't stay he said that it doesn't matter if he is the captain or not, if he is not playing well he can be dropped the same as others.