Sam Deering

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Campden Robin
Why on earth does Sam Deering get picked every week - he is an incredible poor left winger and cost us the 2nd goal yesterday. Why bother signing Vincent and not using him, or even try a natural left winger in Kotwica. As far as I am concerned Deering can go back to barnet.

Also why was Billy Jones let go, top assists last year and a solid player.

The team improved when Penn came on - he must start from now on!

It's time we beat Oxford at home which can be achieved if Deering is locked out of Cheltenham.
taxidave
With posts like that at least Jason Taylor will be able to sleep easily !!
CTFC03
Deering can only play in the hole, Yates has got to stop playing him there, it has cost us so many goals.
rasta
CTFC03 wrote:Deering can only play in the hole, Yates has got to stop playing him there, it has cost us so many goals.
agree, did you see how much better he played when moved saturday
ctfcshire
Campden Robin wrote:Why on earth does Sam Deering get picked every week - he is an incredible poor left winger and cost us the 2nd goal yesterday. Why bother signing Vincent and not using him, or even try a natural left winger in Kotwica. As far as I am concerned Deering can go back to barnet.

It's time we beat Oxford at home which can be achieved if Deering is locked out of Cheltenham.
Billy Jones is rubbish seen Stephen Hawking move quicker, he takes all set pieces so he is bound to be top on assists.
Vincent is NOT good enough.
Kotwica not good enough YET.

I think a lot of people like to blame Deering for our defence being a complete shambles, yes he doesn't track back as much as he should but I think the problem lies at centre back and left back, Sido and Eliott are good but the other 2 positions are filled with useless playes like Taylor, Inniss, Lowe etc.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Useless? Really?
confused.com
Can't see at all how anyone can blame SD for the two goals or even one of them. Both goals should have been stopped easily by the numerous defenders stood around the ball
Robin
Sam Deering is not useless, he has a valuable role to play however playing him out of position on the wing is costing us big time. At Chesterfield almost all of their chances came because of Sammy being caught out of position and Sido being left two on one. This was happening again on Saturday too.

In my view he needs to be dropped or moved inside not on the wing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wingers on the wing. Not rocket science.
leohoenig
Actually, you can think of this as being rocket science.
The basis of rocket science is Newton's Third Law of Motion, simply stated as "For each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".
So by placing a winger on the wing, you expect the opposite reaction - which is normally the defnder going wide to meet him.
Howver, football is in reality more complex than rocket science. This is because the action and reaction are not always equal, and hence the changes in the entropy required to fill the gap. The highest level of entropy change in football is normally referred to as a "goal"
51/84
we now have 3 decent midfielders penn richards and noble and if you then add Taylor there is a 4 , in addition McGlashan and Vincent Zak and Deering
Deering is the one who doesnt quite fit in unless in the hole

I think richards on the left in front of a LB should be tried

If its a diamond or 1 - with Richards defending then 3 Penn Noble Richards would I believe make the team nore solid with Gornell and Cureton upfront or the same 3 with McGlashan and 2 strikers or
I think MY is trying to get back to the 3 musketers with McGlashan and 2 strikers
thetonga
ctfcshire wrote: Vincent is NOT good enough.
Not good enough? Have a look at who got promoted last season and the player of the month awards. Clueless.
I-Love-CTFC
ctfcshire wrote:
Campden Robin wrote:Why on earth does Sam Deering get picked every week - he is an incredible poor left winger and cost us the 2nd goal yesterday. Why bother signing Vincent and not using him, or even try a natural left winger in Kotwica. As far as I am concerned Deering can go back to barnet.

Billy Jones is rubbish seen Stephen Hawking move quicker, he takes all set pieces so he is bound to be top on assists.
Vincent is NOT good enough.
Kotwica not good enough YET.

I think a lot of people like to blame Deering for our defence being a complete shambles, yes he doesn't track back as much as he should but I think the problem lies at centre back and left back, Sido and Eliott are good but the other 2 positions are filled with useless playes like Taylor, Inniss, Lowe etc.
You are completely clueless. One of the dumbest posts i've seen on here in a long time.
Campden Robin
Bring a left winger on loan. We have the money from the West Ham game.

Noble looks a very good signing :-)
C.V
Campden Robin wrote:Bring a left winger on loan. We have the money from the West Ham game.

Noble looks a very good signing :-)

Do we?? Jones has been paid off Noble is in on loan wouldnt think theres a lot left if any
thetonga
We have plenty of left wingers, what we don't have is defenders!
Robin
The only real left winger we have is seventeen years old to be fair.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:The only real left winger we have is seventeen years old to be fair.
Correct.

I'd rather have kept Mo.
51/84
you and a few others
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Still, boo boys got their wish and our squad is short as a result.
51/84
RCS wrong again
Mo said he would not sing a new contract several months before the end of the season
Perhaps it was not as good as the one he was on
Mo also said he had a great time and wished the club well so nothing to do with boo boys
You bang on about rumours and knocking the club and then you just make up your own rumours
cliffy90
51/84 wrote:RCS wrong again
Mo said he would not sing a new contract several months before the end of the season
Perhaps it was not as good as the one he was on
Mo also said he had a great time and wished the club well so nothing to do with boo boys
You bang on about rumours and knocking the club and then you just make up your own rumours
Also Mo never stays committed to a club for whatever reason. Two seasons is the longest he's spent at a club before moving on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Darn. Caught red handed.