Yates ahead of AFC Wimbledon at home

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/YatesAFCWimbledon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IYWT
Even by Yates standards that was an awful interview. Arrogant, moody and rude. If he is as bored with his job as he sounds he should resign now, and clearly his mind is somewhere else
Upthetown
Interview is fine, stop nit picking
Ralph
IYWT wrote:Even by Yates standards that was an awful interview. Arrogant, moody and rude. If he is as bored with his job as he sounds he should resign now, and clearly his mind is somewhere else
You should change your login name then if you feel that way... :)
51/84
What does IYWT stand for

The interview is done to 3 or 4 journalists
If you look at the OS and others you will see a similar interview but from different angles and I suspect slightly different sound bites
I agree I thought he looked tired but not arrogant and which bit was he rude in
If you want rude checkout RCS post in the wheeler dealer thread, but thats different aint it
taxidave
IYWT wrote:Even by Yates standards that was an awful interview. Arrogant, moody and rude. If he is as bored with his job as he sounds he should resign now, and clearly his mind is somewhere else
I agree that was an awful interview although I did not find him arrogant, moody and certainly not rude or in the least bit bored. It is the first I have watched for a few weeks because I just cannot stand his lack of technique in front of the cameras. I do not know if it is nerves that cause him to continually rub his hands around his face but if he is feeling for stubble perhaps he should just have a good shave before confronting the media. I hate people talking into their hand and he does it continually, perhaps someone should tie his hands behind his back and then we might get a good interview.
Having said all that I do like what he says, it is just the way he says it.
Uppy
51/84 wrote:What does IYWT stand for
In Yates We Trust, I guess.
Horteng
Fair play JP you are sh&t scared of Yates ;)

Cant see too much arrogance in this one but I have been highly critical of Yates for being arrogant during his interviews and having an attitude of "You cant question me"

The lack of form has seen his arrogance decrease in my opinion
Nesty
we watched the DVD.......... trying to find the best formula...........
Educated Bertie
When one was young, one was taught, as a matter of course, Elocution and Deportment.

Our Leader gives one the strong impression that he is deficient in both, which will ill-befit him, if and when he moves onto a higher-profile club. :cry:
CheltRobin
Does it really matter how good Yates' intervieww skills are?? Yates can be a bit a monotone sometimes, but that's just his accent I'm afraid. If he interviewed like Di Canio then we would be having real problems!! All I care about is 3 points tomorrow and hopefully a clean sheet - thou I'm sure Bennett will have a point to prove to MY and keep our front line out.
taxidave
CheltRobin wrote:Does it really matter how good Yates' intervieww skills are?? Yates can be a bit a monotone sometimes, but that's just his accent I'm afraid. If he interviewed like Di Canio then we would be having real problems!! All I care about is 3 points tomorrow and hopefully a clean sheet - thou I'm sure Bennett will have a point to prove to MY and keep our front line out.
I think it is fairly important because if he cannot put his points of view across in an interesting way to members of the public, will the players listen avidly to his ideas on how to play and the tactics to employ against our next opponents. You have described his voice as monotone, which I suppose can be interpreted as boring, so will the players be paying proper attention to his talks or will they be distracted because of it.
CheltRobin
Guess we will find out the answer by 5pm tomorrow.
51/84
Educated Bertie wrote:When one was young, one was taught, as a matter of course, Elocution and Deportment.

Our Leader gives one the strong impression that he is deficient in both, which will ill-befit him, if and when he moves onto a higher-profile club. :cry:
but then sky use him as a summariser , and he does polish up well for those occassions
Laurence
I thought it would have been obvious after nearly four years in charge that Yates hates giving away any information, be it injuries, transfers, tactics. So let's just get used to it, yes?

I understand why he's like that - he deals with what is essentially commercially sensitive information, but at the same time the Echo and BBC Glos have to have something to fill space with, so we get the same old generic lines and routine. This isn't a dig at Yates, the Echo, or anyone, and is a relationship that's copied at all levels of the professional game, making Premier League coverage just about unbearable. But, hey, if you want good interviews, Paolo Di Canio was always a good watch throwing yet another player under a bus. Shame it got him the sack.

The only performance that matters in on Saturday afternoons.
Shade
Laurence wrote:I thought it would have been obvious after nearly four years in charge that Yates hates giving away any information, be it injuries, transfers, tactics. So let's just get used to it, yes?

I understand why he's like that - he deals with what is essentially commercially sensitive information, but at the same time the Echo and BBC Glos have to have something to fill space with, so we get the same old generic lines and routine. This isn't a dig at Yates, the Echo, or anyone, and is a relationship that's copied at all levels of the professional game, making Premier League coverage just about unbearable. But, hey, if you want good interviews, Paolo Di Canio was always a good watch throwing yet another player under a bus. Shame it got him the sack.

I agree with this 8-)
Joey
Shade wrote:
Laurence wrote:I thought it would have been obvious after nearly four years in charge that Yates hates giving away any information, be it injuries, transfers, tactics. So let's just get used to it, yes?

I agree with this 8-)
As do I. :mrgreen:
taxidave
CheltRobin wrote:Guess we will find out the answer by 5pm tomorrow.
I thought we found out last Saturday at Torquay.
CheltRobin
I hope not, as that means the season will become a dog-fight against relegation - hoping for a more positive answer tomorrow.
Alf
[quote="Laurence"]I thought it would have been obvious after nearly four years in charge that Yates hates giving away any information, be it injuries, transfers, tactics. So let's just get used to it,

But he doesn't mind critisizing certain of his players in the media, which I don't like to see.
Also agree with Dave's post.
51/84
and which player did he criticise
Shade
I can't think of any really. He didn't even really criticise Zebrowski when that incident was playing out.