Predictions- Lineup and score

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

dannyctfc89
What's everybody's predictions for Saturday
Andy
My prediction is that its going to rain.
Shade
Have a look at the prediction thread :D
CTFC03
Brown, Lowe, T Brown, Elliot, Jombati, McGlashan, Noble, Richards, Penn, Harrison & Gornell.

Can see this game being fairly open so will go for 2-2. Harrison & Gornell to score again.
C.V
I predict l will win the 50/50 draw the 500 club draw and we will win any one of those three would make me a Happy Bunny
everyman
C.V wrote:I predict l will win the 50/50 draw the 500 club draw and we will win any one of those three would make me a Happy Bunny
Will you be able to afford a new backbone Kev. ? :lol: :lol:
C.V
It's not a back bone l need it's a new spine as mine is fooked :( :(
51/84
the same as the robins ;)
taxidave
I thought we had a section for predictions ?
horlickfanclub
my team
Brown
Jombati Brown Elliott Richards
McGlashan Penn Noble Vincent (on probation)
Gornell Cureton
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My team

Sido Lowe Brown Richards

Mcg Penn Noble Zak

Gornell Harrison

-----------------
Cureton to get at least half an hour to build fitness, coming on for a defender, midfielder or striker depending on how the game is going.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:My team

Sido Lowe Brown Richards

Mcg Penn Noble Zak

Gornell Harrison

-----------------
Cureton to get at least half an hour to build fitness, coming on for a defender, midfielder or striker depending on how the game is going.
Haven't you been mentioning knee-jerk reactions to changing the personnel of a losing team all week? And then you want to see 2 players brought in and 5 positional changes?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:My team

Sido Lowe Brown Richards

Mcg Penn Noble Zak

Gornell Harrison

-----------------
Haven't you been mentioning knee-jerk reactions to changing the personnel of a losing team all week? And then you want to see 2 players brought in and 5 positional changes?
I don't see any positional changes - our best fit left-back at left-back who has played there recently, and our only left winger on left wing. Zak has played a fair bit - it's not like playing someone after 20 games on the bench or anything like that.

Elliot being dropped I admit is a risk - so maybe do keep him in.

The main thing is to play sensible line-ups and not try to be clever. That means no Sido at left-back and no Deering at left-wing. Playing the best players in the best position is not knee-jerk, it's common sense.
Shade
Positional changes, I meant Lowe to CB, Sido to right back, Richards to left back, Penn back to CM*, Zak onto the left wing - 5 positions those players didn't play last week, even if they are some of their best positions. But for what it's worth, I wouldn't be against that line up.

*I know he played there for the last quarter or so.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Positional changes, I meant Lowe to CB, Sido to right back, Richards to left back, Penn back to CM*, Zak onto the left wing - 5 positions those players didn't play last week, even if they are some of their best positions. But for what it's worth, I wouldn't be against that line up.

*I know he played there for the last quarter or so.
Thing is, I think bizarre decisions like playing Sido at left-back and Penn on right-wing is the type of panic-induced rash thinking we need to avoid. My calls for brave mindsets to stick with what we know and do well relies on playing players in a proper position and not trying to be new or different.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I posted somewhere 3-1 or 4-1 today. Having just seen the line-up I revise it to 0-1 or 1-2, unless a timely injury strikes to force MYs hand like against Pompey.