We must of won!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

cheltsaxon
As its dead on here!! First half we were abit flat nothing coming together but same could be said for afcw, second much improved ball retention and creating more, most fans were deaperate to see Cureton come on and as usual he delivered! Back four done well brown had his best game in a chelt shirt, brown rarely called upon, noble and taylor battled hard, the top two done well all in all well fought and a great relief to get the three points.
Nesty
I was pleased we won , as MY said - we deserved something out of the game, not sure about the penalty fracas, but yet another disgusting performance from the officials , especially the ref and the woman lino, who ought to have been at home learning the offside law.
Our performance was better than had recently been described on here, but still not error free, Wilson had a few wobbles, and Richards had a mare defensively at LB. Even Scotty joined in the circus which nearly resulted in tragedy.
Of the rest, Keith Lowe had a solid game, made a few wrong decisions coming forward, and Troy got better as the game went on.
Jermain McG had an awesome second half, having spent the first half totally under utilised on the left wing. Taylor does not do it for me, first time I had seen Noble who had a steady game, nothing flash, just kept the ball moving. Penn is wasted in the wide positions, why have we so many people playing in odd positions?
Byron and Terry did well despite being pushed and held every time the ball came close.
As for super sub JC !! 2 goals in 33 minutes at WR - and didnt he take it well, we havent had a striker that could score that kind of goal for yonks. keep him fit and we have a chance
back to the ref, how many hand balls did he ignore?, how many blatant fouls?... arrrgggghhhhh
C.V
Thought we deserved the three points the ref was a complete joke.The penalty fiasco should result in him being stood down for a few games. Totally lost it he let the Wimbledon players influence him in stead of telling to go away.A good moment was when Jermaine nipped in and stole the ball from Bennett.Yates is off the hook for a while now but we need to follow this up with an equally battling performance.
asl
I've never seen a ref change a decision like that in my life... He awarded it (although I couldn't believe it when he did - must've been the softest penalty, ever) and nobody else could possibly have had a better view. In particular, the female lino, as mentioned elsewhere, wasn't keeping up with play. Whoever said what to him to make him change his mind, it couldn't have been his colleagues, could it?
THECHOIRBOY
Well he was noticeabley pushing his earpiece in to his ear to listen to something someone was saying. As the lineswoman had walked on to the pitch slightly I assume it was her who was speaking. However, as others have said how the ref took on board her views when he was about 30 yards closer to the incident I will never know!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I remember Liverpool vs Roma when the ref changed his mind having originally given Roma a pen.
RED ROB
It seems the Ref took the opinion of the lino OUR end. She had already taken her position by the gate for the penalty. Did he have balls or did he bow out to the Don's defenders pushing him half way across the pitch ??.
confused.com
Jaysus, he took so long you, I thought he had brought along his own personal TMO
asl
Maybe the third umpire requested snicko?