Extended Highlights.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Such a natural goal scorer in ruby shirt. A delight to see.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8UHQKEr1 ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CTFC03
That is just class.
51/84
curo and benno
no prob
Malabus
http://wdsa.com.au/?p=6911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leohoenig
A "Hail Mary Clearance". What does that mean on this planet?
As it was not from the keeper but a header out of midfield (and a very good header as it went over 40 years and exactly where it needed to be), does anyone know who got the "assist"
vcinthestand
Leo it did not travel 40 years! perhaps you meant to our almost 40 yr old striker, or over the 40 yr old Benno

As to Hail mary I assume its the same as a gary Owen

and one Brown sounds just like another brown on a commentary

anything else
Circa 1887
Isn't a 'Hail Mary' an American-ism. My understanding of it has always been that it's an American Football tactic, normally used late in a game by the team chasing a win. It basically involves using four wide receivers to run as far as they can before the quarter back throws a mammoth pass, in the hope of reaching one of them at/near the end-zone.
Shade
Circa 1887 wrote:Isn't a 'Hail Mary' an American-ism. My understanding of it has always been that it's an American Football tactic, normally used late in a game by the team chasing a win. It basically involves using four wide receivers to run as far as they can before the quarter back throws a mammoth pass, in the hope of reaching one of them at/near the end-zone.
I believe so - it's basically a hit and hope, and pray it comes off. Hail Mary is a prayer asking for Jesus' mums help.
asl
Shade wrote:Hail Mary is a prayer asking for Jesus' mums help.
I believe she was a fan of both Boca Juniors and Napoli.
Shade
More highlights from Sky...but a bit different and show a bit more of the penalty debacle.
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -wimbledon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at that, you can see Byron applauding the ref for giving the penalty and if you pause it looks like the defender was going into Byron with his arm raised towards his face.
51/84
Interesting the MY interview from a different angle shows that MY is often looking at who is at the window.
If you look back at other interviews then it is obvious that MY is distracted by whoever is at the window.

Some of the MY out brigade will I am sure have a pop at this and no doubt RCS will have something to say
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:Interesting the MY interview from a different angle shows that MY is often looking at who is at the window.
If you look back at other interviews then it is obvious that MY is distracted by whoever is at the window.

Some of the MY out brigade will I am sure have a pop at this and no doubt RCS will have something to say
http://robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
are you now trying to ruin every thread rc
bennox
leohoenig wrote:A "Hail Mary Clearance". What does that mean on this planet?
As it was not from the keeper but a header out of midfield (and a very good header as it went over 40 years and exactly where it needed to be), does anyone know who got the "assist"
From the (usually ever so reliable) BBC report: "Cureton netted after latching on to a huge clearance by keeper Scott Brown".

I'd read this, as perhaps their man down under had too, and so was surprised to see that it was the other Brown.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:are you now trying to ruin every thread rc
Do not be so pathetic and inane. You made a sarcy and snide comment about me - I responded in quite bland fashion. Not sure what you want me to do....

May I suggest you reply to me by PM to save others having to put up with me fending off your drivel.
robinsrule
Why did Cureton run over to the old farts who could barely even be bothered to clap his last minute winner?!
taxidave
robinsrule wrote:Why did Cureton run over to the old farts who could barely even be bothered to clap his last minute winner?!
I thought he ran over to the Canteen area !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
robinsrule wrote:Why did Cureton run over to the old farts who could barely even be bothered to clap his last minute winner?!
I thought he ran over to the Canteen area !
I think you are both right - when I watched the highlights he ran over to the canteen and the couple of supporters you could see were hardly clapping or celebrating at all, it struck me as odd.
CheltRobin
Arthritic hands no doubt.