Pass backs and refs decisions

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Yesterdays passback was an illegal move when it was picked up in my view the ref got that decision right
Todays pass and pick up was just as illegal
Ralph in your opinion was yesterdays passback a indirect free kick or not and how did it compare with todays
Why do we get inconsistent referring at WR
Malabus
Other footy
51/84
Mal your are a wind up merchant
How is discussing the refs decision yesterday in the light of a prem refs decision other football

It this topic is other football then every time you mention your beloved Wolves then it is moved to other football

RCS was not there yesterday, not his fault, as he lives along way away so people commenting on the similarity of incident involving Scotty and the incident today would give him a flavour of the incident and then to get completely different decisions just proves a point that you yourself often raises about the standard of refs and other posters also raised yesterday
All pertinent to CTFC
Nesty
just makes me so feckin angry when you see such inconsistency - and Liverpool's first was nudged in by Sturridge's arm!!
the standard of officials is diabolically bad
taxidave
But it is nice to see that the prem league refs can make the same mistakes and in terms of finance their's can be a lot more costly to the clubs affected. :D
Malabus
Just seen the Hull City penalty decision. :-o
goalpost
Why moan about referees..

Referees are human beings, they are not robots. They have a split second to make a decision and its a final decision. They make mistakes, we all do in life.

I know that a referee makes far less errors in a game than even the best players in the world over the period of 90 minutes. Would you be happy if we didnt have referees, because without them, we wouldn't have the game of football and you would be shopping with your wife/girlfriends on a Saturday afternoon or watching Gloucester play rugby.
ctfcshire
goalpost wrote:Why moan about referees..

Referees are human beings, they are not robots. They have a split second to make a decision and its a final decision. They make mistakes, we all do in life.

I know that a referee makes far less errors in a game than even the best players in the world over the period of 90 minutes. Would you be happy if we didnt have referees, because without them, we wouldn't have the game of football and you would be shopping with your wife/girlfriends on a Saturday afternoon or watching Gloucester play rugby.
Spot on. Would like to see some of these lot referee and see how easy they find it.
taxidave
goalpost wrote:
They have a split second to make a decision and its a final decision. They make mistakes, we all do in life.
Unless he changes his mind ! :lol: :lol:
Nesty
ctfcshire wrote:
goalpost wrote:Why moan about referees..

Spot on. Would like to see some of these lot referee and see how easy they find it.
I know for a fact that at least I would be consistent. How could anyone not see that handball in the 2nd half when Richards crossed it in, the ref waved play on. And when he made out it had hit their bloke on the head. Mistakes I could tolerate , but not cheating.