Scunthorpe Match Day entertainment...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Andy
I have no intention on commenting about what went on on the pitch during the 90 minutes.

However I have to say that the all round effort that Scunthorpe made regarding match day entertainment as a whole was probably one of the best Ive seen in some time.

Before the game saw a fans quiz between two supporters - one from each side taking part in a quick multiple choice competition.
We also saw 4 / 5 kids from Scunthorpe and Cheltenham take part in a pre-match penalty shootout against the mascots (my lad included).

Half time then saw the standard raffle draws must clubs hold plus,
It had a kids football match going on in one section.
and then Pole to Goal - head down on pole, ten times round - then try to score from the penalty spot (great entertainment and a viable substitute should we get fed up with crossbar challenge).

Overall enhancing a good match day experience...shame it was spoilt with 90 minutes of football in between.
solihullkev
Andy - agree re what SUFC put on ; guy on the microphone was also very professional and a real sense the club was trying for which they should be applauded. Tidy ground too.

Didn't think entertainment on the pitch was too bad ?
hEaLeR
Agreed, everyone was very friendly and it seemed very family orientated.
solihullkev
Andy - agree re what SUFC put on ; guy on the microphone was also very professional and a real sense the club was trying for which they should be applauded. Tidy ground too.

Didn't think entertainment on the pitch was too bad ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anyone remember the pre match wrestling at The New York Stadium, Rotherham last season?