Potential successors

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
i am not an expert but someone with a logical mind, and if we are going to play any of our CM's out wide it would be Richards on the left.
taxidave
Having just arrived home (via Norwich and London) after watching the lack lustre display at Scunthorpe I must admit that I am quite surprised at the amount of support Yates still has on this forum. Some on here are even saying that only losing 2-0 to Scunthorpe was a good result, well I can assure you it wasn't (how anyone can even consider a loss to be a good result is beyond belief but so are a lot of other comments on this board !
To say that we cannot afford to sack Yates is another common theme that I have read on here, well if we could afford to pay off Bennett and Jones then obviously the money is there when it is needed.
What annoyed me most about last Saturday's match was the lack of any constructive football, just hoofball and even more hoofball.
I shall be travelling away (unlike a lot of people who seem to post a lot but never actually go away, but still seem to be able to comment on the performances !) to Dagenham on Saturday but am seriously considering curbing my travels and if there is no improvement in the next couple of fixtures then I will not be going to Northampton.
Circa 1887
Good post, Dave
Hubert Parry
taxidave wrote:Having just arrived home (via Norwich and London) after watching the lack lustre display at Scunthorpe I must admit that I am quite surprised at the amount of support Yates still has on this forum. Some on here are even saying that only losing 2-0 to Scunthorpe was a good result, well I can assure you it wasn't (how anyone can even consider a loss to be a good result is beyond belief but so are a lot of other comments on this board !
To say that we cannot afford to sack Yates is another common theme that I have read on here, well if we could afford to pay off Bennett and Jones then obviously the money is there when it is needed.
What annoyed me most about last Saturday's match was the lack of any constructive football, just hoofball and even more hoofball.
I shall be travelling away (unlike a lot of people who seem to post a lot but never actually go away, but still seem to be able to comment on the performances !) to Dagenham on Saturday but am seriously considering curbing my travels and if there is no improvement in the next couple of fixtures then I will not be going to Northampton.
Although you have been many more times than me. I agree with every single word you have written. Ultimately, although one could argue that the results are not dreadful (even though they are in my view), the performances is what troubles me just as much. It isn't enjoyable going to games anymore. I shall be at Dagenham, but a lacklustre display will have me shifted further away from the Yates-in camp.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:
taxidave wrote:Having just arrived home (via Norwich and London) after watching the lack lustre display at Scunthorpe I must admit that I am quite surprised at the amount of support Yates still has on this forum. Some on here are even saying that only losing 2-0 to Scunthorpe was a good result, well I can assure you it wasn't (how anyone can even consider a loss to be a good result is beyond belief but so are a lot of other comments on this board !
Although you have been many more times than me. I agree with every single word you have written. Ultimately, although one could argue that the results are not dreadful (even though they are in my view), the performances is what troubles me just as much. It isn't enjoyable going to games anymore. I shall be at Dagenham, but a lacklustre display will have me shifted further away from the Yates-in camp.
I remember Yates's first visit to the LBBDS and that great two nil win with Alsop of all players whipping in a cross from the right side. The same American who I mentioned in the other thread came with me to the match. Be great for a similar victory this time round.
C.V
Good post the worrying thing is its not the lack of travelling fans but with the dross we are churning out it will be the lack of home attendances that will hurt us most.As you say we have paid players off because they have hit the mystery brick wall but then we go out and sign Vincent who seems to be hiding behind said brick wall.Seems to be some strange decisions are being made by the man supposedly managing our club.
taxidave
Hubert Parry wrote: Although you have been many more times than me. I agree with every single word you have written. Ultimately, although one could argue that the results are not dreadful (even though they are in my view), the performances is what troubles me just as much. It isn't enjoyable going to games anymore. I shall be at Dagenham, but a lacklustre display will have me shifted further away from the Yates-in camp.
I shall be in the clubhouse before the game and definitely in the bar under the stand at half time, I look forward to meeting you again.
Hubert Parry
I shall be sure to say hello!
chapmanstroud
would like to see john ward come back as he was a great manager
CTFC03
I doubt JW would come back after the way he left.
Carthorse Ted
Never go back...period.

I did once @ Ascot, and it's still bruised...gerrit?
ctfcshire
jaggy wrote: Accept that we are a league 2 club because we have worked hard, We have no right to be league 2.
Wonder what would happen if Paul Baker came out and said that.
vcinthestand
Sorry you have lost me ctfcshire. No football team has the right to be anywhere unless they win the right
I assume you mean we are league 2 because Baker/Keswick put their money in
I cannot wait to see the new balance sheet and see how much has been taken out of CTFC
I believe we are probably spending less this season than last
It is claimed the club is sustainable
Well that may be true if we draw a premiere league team in the cup