Cobblers New Stand.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nort ... e-24472291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another L2 club with stadium plans.
Robin
Exactly what we need, replace the old stand with a new 4000 seater big enough then for top end of league one should we get back there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Precisely Robin. I hope to see at least one architectural proposal released by the club by the end of the season.
taxidave
Robin wrote:Exactly what we need, replace the old stand with a new 4000 seater big enough then for top end of league one should we get back there.
Having read that report there appears to be one big snag with your suggestion that we follow suit and that is that Northampton are going to get a £12m loan from the council. Can you seriously see our council (the same one that wouldn't lend us £150k when we were desperate) agreeing to such a deal.
Educated Bertie
Perhaps our Club could approach The Heritage Lottery Fund for a sub.

As, at the moment, watching our boys playing and our manager's selection policy would tend to add considerable weight to such an application.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
Robin wrote:Exactly what we need, replace the old stand with a new 4000 seater big enough then for top end of league one should we get back there.
Having read that report there appears to be one big snag with your suggestion that we follow suit and that is that Northampton are going to get a £12m loan from the council. Can you seriously see our council (the same one that wouldn't lend us £150k when we were desperate) agreeing to such a deal.
Doesn't stop CTFC from coming up with a design or proposal. Even if unaffordable it shows ambition, gets people talking, and would give an indication of the costs involved. The ball has to start rolling somewhere. I think the Board's focus should be on a new stand and how they can fund it.

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Iron- ... z2hPspeCk0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taxidave
RCS I couldn't get your Scunthorpe link to work but I assume it is related to the fact that they are going to build a new stadium but again there is a snag between their plan and any we might have, in that they are going to sell their existing ground to Sainsbury for far more money than the new one will cost to build.
baggy89
Surely with Rushden (and subsequently Kettering) having gone to the wall, we could just have one of their old stands?

;)
London Exile
I'm not expecting anything to change at whaddon road for a good few years.
Every so often the same conversation gets raised about the club wishing to replace the main stand but it's just words. Like RCS mentions, no plans or even designs have been released which leads me to think its just hot air.
To be honest, with the few quid that's been spent on the changing rooms and exec boxes refurb I can't see the club looking to knock this down just yet, I'd rather see the Prestbury Road end given a serious makeover.
Robin
What is the benefit of doing that though Exile? If we build a new 4000 seater stand we can (I would imagine) leverage the following:
a) Cater for more away fans by using the In2Print as away fans only, also hopefully cutting police costs as fans can be seperated much easier.
b) Charge home fans more as there will no longer be a terrace for those who want to watch from the side of the pitch
c) increase the amount of executive boxes we have.
d) generate non-match day revenue
e) create a walk way from the ground into the cul de sac on Prestbury road to allow crowds to disperse.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:What is the benefit of doing that though Exile? If we build a new 4000 seater stand we can (I would imagine) leverage the following:
a) Cater for more away fans by using the In2Print as away fans only, also hopefully cutting police costs as fans can be seperated much easier.
b) Charge home fans more as there will no longer be a terrace for those who want to watch from the side of the pitch
e) create a walk way from the ground into the cul de sac on Prestbury road to allow crowds to disperse.
That is precisely why the main stand should be the next thing to be developed at WR and why I'd like to see some ideas and plans put out there even if nothing is feasible for 5-10 years.
London Exile
Robin wrote:What is the benefit of doing that though Exile? If we build a new 4000 seater stand we can (I would imagine) leverage the following:
Some great points robin and reasons why the work should be done. I'm just a touch negative in that I'd like to see something done and I can't see anything happening to the main stand. With that in mind I think it would be cheaper to do something at the PRE and help improve what is a poor terrace.