Over night stays

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Anyone else notice that we are doing a lot more over night stays for away games now? So far we have done Scunny, Chesterfield, Accrington, Torquay and now Dagenham that I know of.

I am not saying it's wrong far from it but perhaps money is no longer as tight as it was in previous seasons.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Has it helped results?
Shade
Yes, we only shipped 2 at Scunny which is a rarity for that part of the country, and we won north of Birmingham at Accrington. We also apparently gave a good account of ourselves at Chesterfield, leaving Torquay as the only big disappointment (in my eyes).

Always looking on the bright side.
CTFC03
Overnight stays for Torquay and Chesterfield, seriously?
taxidave
Shade wrote:Yes, we only shipped 2 at Scunny which is a rarity for that part of the country, and we won north of Birmingham at Accrington. We also apparently gave a good account of ourselves at Chesterfield, leaving Torquay as the only big disappointment (in my eyes).
I cannot understand how you can possibly consider losing 2 - 0 anywhere to be a good result, but it does at least explain your comment about always looking on the bright side, perhaps you should start being a little more realistic.
Ralph
Dave, people are entitled to their own opinions even if it does appear different to yours. No point attacking the poster just because you disagree with his pov
taxidave
Ralph wrote:Dave, people are entitled to their own opinions even if it does appear different to yours. No point attacking the poster just because you disagree with his pov
I thought that was the whole point of forums like this one, to encourage discussion and express different points of view . :roll:
Shade
taxidave wrote:
Shade wrote:Yes, we only shipped 2 at Scunny which is a rarity for that part of the country, and we won north of Birmingham at Accrington. We also apparently gave a good account of ourselves at Chesterfield, leaving Torquay as the only big disappointment (in my eyes).
I cannot understand how you can possibly consider losing 2 - 0 anywhere to be a good result, but it does at least explain your comment about always looking on the bright side, perhaps you should start being a little more realistic.
I didn't say I considered it a good result. The question was has it improved results, and given that we'd conceded 4 the previous week and usually seem to come back from anywhere north of Brum with at least 3 against, it seemed to be, to me, an improved result.

Who isn't being realistic anyway? I haven't strayed from any facts, just gave my opinion the same as you always do. And yes, my comment at the end was me pointing out I try to take the positives out of things, especially when everyone else doesn't. f#!$ me, right?!
Ralph
taxidave wrote:
Ralph wrote:Dave, people are entitled to their own opinions even if it does appear different to yours. No point attacking the poster just because you disagree with his pov
I thought that was the whole point of forums like this one, to encourage discussion and express different points of view . :roll:
Exactly! that was my point . To encourage discussion, there need to be differing pov's. Attacking the poster for having a different view to you is NOT encouraging discussion.

Attack the post not the poster TD even if you are a wum :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Overnight stay did the job it seems.
CS85
Must be a nightmare being driven around by a driver,chilling on a coach with tables/tvs/ alongwith there ipads.
Such hard work.