Tumbleweed blows thru the town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

triggo
My god
Its going to be so quiet on here tonight :lol:
little mo
Exactly what I was thinking.
rasta
True fans back later :D
little mo
I was at Scunny last week pal. Were you? :lol:
robinsrule
It's true. Our result was totally absent from the BBC page (again!) and it took me until at least 5:15 to discover that we'd actually won!!
Robin
I have the words stay of execution in my head. Now while I hope the Yates out brigade are quiet equally so I hope we don't hear people suggesting again we have turned the corner and promotion is back on track.
Joey
I think we have turned the corner and promotion is back on track.
RED ROB
Great result, fingers crossed joey.
Nesty
agreed.
trickster
Yep great performance and great result, we need to follow that up with more of the same next Saturday, these results are much needed confidence builders.
Andy
Get that managers contract extension signed now...

;)
Horteng
Robin wrote:I have the words stay of execution in my head. Now while I hope the Yates out brigade are quiet equally so I hope we don't hear people suggesting again we have turned the corner and promotion is back on track.
Im sure RCS will see to that..... AGAIN!
taxidave
trickster wrote:Yep great performance and great result, we need to follow that up with more of the same next Saturday, these results are much needed confidence builders.
While I would agree it was a great result I definitely wouldn't say a great performance, gritty yes but great no.
I love the way some people come rushing onto this forum just after the final whistle to tell everyone what a superb result it was and to lay off the manager, this was most definitely not the corner turned it was a victory against a very poor Dagenham side who offered very little threat, and just because someone went to Scunthorpe last week it does not excuse their absence from Dagenham today.
This was park football at its very worst but fortunately we scored more goals than them so were the better side on the day.
triggo
[quote="taxidavequote]
This was park football at its very worst but fortunately we scored more goals than them so were the better side on the day.[/quote]

and I thought that was the purpose of the exercise :?
Andy
taxidave wrote:
trickster wrote:Yep great performance and great result, we need to follow that up with more of the same next Saturday, these results are much needed confidence builders.
While I would agree it was a great result I definitely wouldn't say a great performance, gritty yes but great no.
I love the way some people come rushing onto this forum just after the final whistle to tell everyone what a superb result it was and to lay off the manager, this was most definitely not the corner turned it was a victory against a very poor Dagenham side who offered very little threat, and just because someone went to Scunthorpe last week it does not excuse their absence from Dagenham today.
This was park football at its very worst but fortunately we scored more goals than them so were the better side on the day.
Damn it Dave, stop bursting the bubble will you.

I suppose you dont want the extension signed this week then...

;)
ctfcshire
taxidave wrote:
Agree 100% with Dave. 3 wins this season, all against very poor opposition and without playing particularly well.
Defence is still shambolic and anyone that disagrees with that needs to watch the Dagenham goal, absolute school boy defending.
trickster
taxidave wrote:
You were there and I wasn’t, but I listened to the first half and the feeling was by the commentators we had the better of the first half and we were a little unfortunate to be only drawing, the BBC stats say we had 56% of the possession in the game which suggests we played well so I don’t apologise for saying great, if feels great to me.

I hope your reference to rushing on here after the final whistle wasn’t directed at me, after only listening to the first half because I was taking part in a sports activity later in the afternoon myself, so I was relieved to discover later we had won, and then posted on here at 20.51 not exactly straight after the whistle.

I’m sorry to say but like a lot of others have said you do seem to go out of your way to offend, and you do come over as being very obnoxious, quite sad really the world is difficult enough as it is no wonder there are so many social problems going on in the world, some seem to prefer to pick an argument than to try and be civil.
Shade
taxidave wrote: I love the way some people come rushing onto this forum just after the final whistle to tell everyone what a superb result it was and to lay off the manager.
And yet some can't wait to keep coming on and slagging everyone off. You're so full of it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
2-1 is all that matters. If we win every game and go up I don't care how rubbish Dave thinks it is. The idea in football is to be the better team on the day. You can only beat whoever is in front of you and you don't have to have been at the game to see we did just that. Same again next week please!
little mo
taxidave wrote:
Before you start having a pop at me for not being at Daggers as well as Scunny, I didn't see you at Bury or Accrington. You WUM.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
You do wonder if the posters who belittle and undermine every positive thing that happens to CTFC actually want to enjoy supporting the team and want them to succeed.
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:You do wonder if the posters who belittle and undermine every positive thing that happens to CTFC actually want to enjoy supporting the team and want them to succeed.
So just because someone has different views as to what is positive they dont support the team or want them to succeed. I find that post quite offensive actually. Not one person has said it wasnt nice to win, the only issue is that at the moment we have seen the win, followed by some really bad embarassing defeats or performances - we are only asking for the consistency of last season to return where we werent losing games as often as we have done this season so far. The positives will start coming when we start getting back to back wins or go on a nice long spell of unbeaten games.

But to say that people dont support the team and want them to succeed....hmmm ok perhaps they should stop paying their money and turning up to every home game and in some cases a large proportion of away games as well because according to a fan that lives miles away, they dont support the team.
C.V
^^Amen to above post some people are so argumentative and hi jack nearly every post with there l am right you are wrong drivel all the time^^
Circa 1887
I agree, Andy. I do not subscribe to knee jerk optimism, or pessimism.

Playing poorly but winning, is better than losing - but it does not instill confidence that we have discovered our best 11 and tactics and therefore a foundation to build the rest of our season on.

There was a lot of positivity after the Wimbledon win....and it was short lived. So forgive me, but I struggle to get excited about one isolated win. If we can put some form together and move up the table, then that's another matter.
ghandi
I see the echo says that dave kevan did the scouting report on dag & red.He obviously did a good job,even there manager said we'd done our homework.Pity we had'nt done our homework in the previous games,we might be further up the table by now.Are the chuckle brothers having less influence now?Is kevan starting to run the show?I'd like to know all the facts behind kevan's appointment,but i'll except he's having a positive influence on the team,and long may it continue.
Nesty
quiet on here tonight!!
Andy
Andy wrote: we are only asking for the consistency of last season to return where we werent losing games as often as we have done this season so far. The positives will start coming when we start getting back to back wins or go on a nice long spell of unbeaten games.
and I guess that we still have to wait for this then...
51/84
I bet it will not be by mid day tomorrow!