Allen sacked

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I will always believe truth. But until proven otherwise I have no idea what is true and what is not. Let's leave it there.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I will always believe truth. But until proven otherwise I have no idea what is true and what is not. Let's leave it there.
I will leave it there if you will agree not to question how he had access to the club's bank account every time there is a thread about him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If every time there is a thread about him with the usual stories flying I will always try and provide balance if my opinion differs. New readers are then welcome to form their own conclusion. History is formed by facts and evidence. So far on this thread I have not seen that.
Shade
Here's a truth: Martin Allen is someone that will go blind if they keep that up...
CheltRobin
YES, YES, YES!!! I can't remember the last time I was SO, SO happy at hearing the very sad news that MA has been sacked - YET AGAIN!! It's such a happy Monday!!
Actually, I thought it might take until Christmas / New Year time for MA to be sacked, but that hair-trigger Chairman Scally has acted even earlier than I'd hoped - Nice One Scally!!

I will NEVER forget NOR forgive what MA tried to do to this club during his tenure - I'm not old enough to have followed the club under his father tenure, but from all the good things I've heard about him, the way MA managed not just our club, but almost any club (save Barnet probably), simply bears NO relation to how his father went about his management duties - talk about Chalk and Cheese!!

I guess now Barnet will sack Davids and re-employ MA for the 100th time, hoping for an instance return to the footy league - God help us all (and Barnet!!).

Gills fans have had a lucky escape with MA going - they prob won't see it now, but they have.

Back to the Job Centre Allen!!!
Joey
Barnet didn't want him - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19545300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will ask JP about the finances under MA on Friday.

Allen is also due to release a statement soon.

Edit: Saw this on Twitter, sums him up well - "The fact Martin Allen stays at clubs for around 1-2 years says it all."
Last edited by Joey on 14 Oct 2013, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
CheltRobin
Will we need his dog to help translate it into English?
51/84
scally said
"I don't think it was a particularly happy dressing room for a number of reasons. I didn't see much improvement.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24518708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Educated Bertie
One always found him to be a most amenable drinking partner in the Prestbury Hostelries when he was on "Gardening Leave" at HQ.

Speak as you find.
Shade
Educated Bertie wrote:One always found him to be a most amenable drinking partner in the Prestbury Hostelries when he was on "Gardening Leave" at HQ.

Speak as you find.
Translation: No tact or class.
ctfcshire
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Joey wrote:Bloody hell, there are actually people who have some sympathy towards him. Do you not understand what putting us on the brink of administration means? Not understand the consequences of us nearly getting relegated to the conference because of him? MA just wasn't sacked for the bad results, he was also sacked because of the way he treated this club.

Whichever club he's at, it's all about him, it's the Martin Allen show and nothing else.
Who gave Allen the money to spend?
Spot on RCS. Allen didn't nearly bring this club into the ground, Baker did but no-one will ever accept that. Yes Allen is at fault for results, but he is not responsible for the financial state of the club, that surely lies with the chairman.
taxidave wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Who gave Allen the money to spend?
You ask the same question on every thread about that man and I keep on giving you the answer but you either do not believe me or you willl not accept that it is possible to spend money without having permission to do so.
If he was doing that why didn't Baker sack him straight away? You lot hate him so much you will blame him for everything you can think of.
CheltRobin
That sounds good to me - I'd like to blame Allen for the death of my pet goldfish and rabbit :D :D
CheltRobin
I believe he may also have had a hand in the weather today, as it's raining Mad Dogs and Cats in Chelt at the mo. :D :D
cliffy90
Gillingham have appointed Peter Taylor as interim manager.
Carthorse Ted
cliffy90 wrote:Gillingham have appointed Peter Taylor as interim manager.
Youth Policy, then. :roll:
mattyboi
taxidave wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: As for this particular point, are you saying MA signed cheques or made transfers from the club bank account without any one knowing or giving permission?
I have repeatedly explained how he managed to bring this club close to financial ruin but you continually refuse to accept what I have written.
I refuse to explain it to you again because you obviously are unwilling to accept the truth about that man.
You couldnt PM details could you Taxi Dave? Ive heard all sorts, so would be interested in what is actually the truth.
Joey
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If every time there is a thread about him with the usual stories flying I will always try and provide balance if my opinion differs. New readers are then welcome to form their own conclusion. History is formed by facts and evidence. So far on this thread I have not seen that.
"Martin came in and upset the team, the dressing room and the staff at the club.

It ultimately cost him his job and probably nearly cost the club its existence."

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... z2hn2pOfJt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've yet to see an interview or hear from a player, staff member, jorunalist or anyone who was at the club during that time say a good thing about MA.
Si Robin
Great interview that.
"Keith being sacked with only seven games gone was the biggest mistake the board made," he said.

"If they had given Keith half the money they gave Martin then we would have stayed up.
Very telling that line there. Luckily, Baker et al have turned us around following their own errors.
C.V
Says in The Mirror today that Scalley has gagged the players from talking publicly about Allen's dismisal.
Sprout Picker
C.V wrote:Says in The Mirror today that Scalley has gagged the players from talking publicly about Allen's dismisal.
Sounds familiar! Probably Allen's legal team getting to work to cover his dirty tracks...