Best 11

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
The team that MY put out yesterday was I think in his mind his best 11

The problem is it was not the best team
He has been asked which comes first players or tactics
Yesterday we saw he had decided tactics and then he tried to fit what he obviously saw as his best 11 into it

Having watched the reserve game on Tuesday there was no one beating the door down to get in
I also suspect anyone who watched us last week would know how to counter our side

GK has to be Brown until he has a nightmare
Defensively the only one I would want in my best 11 is Troy Brown
Midfield I would choose McGlashan and Penn, but McGlashan is a winger and we now see the problem MY had when McG arrived how to fit him in
If Taylor is in there to do the hard work fine
I dont see any other midfielders on our books in my best 11

Strikers any 2 from 3 but none are wingers

We have no competition at the back with only 5 defenders on our books
we have no left or right midfielders but bags of under performing CMs

The 4-5-1 of 2 seasons ago worked because it could become 4-3-3 but we had 3 quality CM and in my opinion we have never replaced summerfield
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We have one right MF - McG.

I'd much rather see Zack, Vincent or other youth played on the left. What must Zack think seeing central midfielders or strikers on the left and an unbalanced team are preferred to him?

Only way round it is a pure 4-3-3.

Noble Penn Richards

Byron JC Gornell
CS85
Perhaps yates should do his job and sign a proper left winger on loan?,might solve switching players into positions they arent comfortable with,just an idea :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes he should but do we have the money available?
CS85
Well we had the money to sign a defender,we have had two defenders on loan now,why not a winger?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
God knows. Though we are light in defensive numbers too. Ideally we'd sign both to try and get the squad a bit more complete.