If Yates Goes Who Would Replace Him???

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

thetonga
I was hardly impressed with his Northampton team last year or their style of play but he does look good on paper for this level.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
thetonga wrote:I was hardly impressed with his Northampton team last year or their style of play but he does look good on paper for this level.
The fact they are struggling now Akinfenwa has left says it all.
C.V
Notice no one has said promote from within.Russell Milton wouldnt be a bad shout
Malabus
Leroy Resenior.
Nesty
C.V wrote:Notice no one has said promote from within.Russell Milton wouldnt be a bad shout
I'd thought that but there is a difference between coaching young lads and trying to get the big time charlies to tow the line
taxidave
Nesty wrote:
C.V wrote:Notice no one has said promote from within.Russell Milton wouldnt be a bad shout
I'd thought that but there is a difference between coaching young lads and trying to get the big time charlies to tow the line
Think I agree with you on this one Nesty, just look where the previous youth coach is now.
C.V
taxidave wrote:
Nesty wrote:
Think I agree with you on this one Nesty, just look where the previous youth coach is now.

Brough worked under Milton as Milton over sees all youth development
taxidave
C.V wrote:Brough worked under Milton as Milton over sees all youth development
I am sure Brough was the boss and Milton was promoted to that position when Brough left.
51/84
They already have and others have applied to sky to do Nevilles job and yet others are running for editor and owner of the echo so they can print lies damn lies and the truth about the past and present managers!
bigdavejambo
Martin Allen is available :D
cliffy90
bigdavejambo wrote:Martin Allen is available :D
Bury would be the perfect job for him, they've brought in 20+ players this season that would suit him down to the ground.
Robin
Mad Dog won't go so far north he will look at clubs like Wimbledon or Southend in my view.
Malabus
So no one taking my Leroy Resenior comment seriously then.

The job is made for him.
CheltRobin
We could employ for 10 mins like Torquay did :D :D
Robin
I think Rosenior would be a likely candidate Mal however I would hope for someone else.
CheltRobin
No recent experience - last management post was in 2006 with Brentford - sacked after 16 matches without a win. All he's done since is be a pundit - done no coaching or be assistant anywhere.

But, would be a cheap option.
Robin
I don't believe we would go for a cheap option the club has gone a lot more professional than that in recent times, we now pay good wages, have broken our transfer record and have a professional back room staff and youth system.

Although we may not go for a big name either, I think we would look at top non-league managers and coaches from higher leagues plus the usual suspsects like Ling, Rosenior etc.