Experiences of a Dale fan

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

DaleView
Apart from the result (which we will surely have opposing views on) may I say how pleased I was with the reception that I recieved with my grand-children on our visit to Cheltenham Town FC.
Whilst the signposts to the ground could be improved, our sat-nav got us through the town centre traffic without much pain and when I saw that the car parking at the ground was so generous (in terms of space) I opted to use it. The car parking attendant was very welcoming and helpful. I felt more comfortable with leaving the vehicle there rather than using street parking or other shoppers car parks. The stewards outside the ground were equally helpful guididn me with precise instructions to the location of the visiting supporters' accommodation. The appraoch to the turnstyle was amusing. The steward's bag check caused him some concern since I think he believed that my (rather small) flask (which contained only coffee) was a disguised bomb since he had to ask for further advice from his supervisor before he passed me as someone other than a terrorist! The viistors' stand is first class. I recall ythat on my first visit when CTFC had just joined the Football League, the toilet facilities were, shall ve say, primitive. The facilities now are a vast improvement on that. The gateman was very friendly - quick as a flash with his arithmetic - and wished us well for an enjoyable game. The seating was on row J (right at the back) and we were allocated J135, J136 and J137 but I must advise that the seat J137 does not exist - a stantion has taken its place! However, since the stand was nowhere near full, alternative seating was readily available. Finally, I was very glad of the roof over our heads, particularly at half-time,
Overall rating 9½ out of 10. The loss of half a mark was only down to the seat numbering!
A great day out. Thank you. I just wish all clubs could do it as well as Cheltenham Town FC.
Best of luck fro the rest of the season.
Malabus
Thanks...good luck
Lonely goat-herd
That's very civil of you, DV. Thanks. The stewards are a bit over-enthusiastic sometimes. Glad you had a good day - your lads picked a good time to come and steal 3 points ;) Have a good season.
Carthorse Ted
Thanks for your positive post.

Always have enjoyed Spotland. In via The Church and out via The Cemetery!

:lol:
Jebolani
Thanks, mate.

Good luck for the rest of the season!
DaleView
Carthorse Ted wrote:Thanks for your positive post.

Always have enjoyed Spotland. In via The Church and out via The Cemetery!

:lol:

That's by far and away the best visitor impression that I have heard about Spotland.
Nice to know you enjoyed your last visit there.
But at the Ratcliffe Arms, if you are early enough, you can get a pie as well as a pint.
Robin
Spotland is a decent place to go, very family orientated club but still able to have a few pints and a good chippy near the away end.