Decisions decisions decisions

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

C.V
Do l sit at home with a few cans and watch one of the best teams in this country battle it out in the best competition in the World.Or do l stand out in the pouring rain and watch one of the teams floundering at the bottom of the football league pyramid.Touch decision ..........suppose l had better dig out that weather proof coat.
Shade
*applauds*
Jebolani
Obvious choice! Take 5th March 2013 for example, Cheltenham v Chesterfield or Utd v Madrid. That last minute winner was unbelievable...
Joey
I can't go :(
Malabus
C.V wrote:suppose l had better dig out that weather proof coat.

Surprised you haven't got it out earlier, its been pissing down continuously in the last fortnight.
Nesty
C.V wrote:Do l sit at home with a few cans and watch one of the best teams in this country battle it out in the best competition in the World.Or do l stand out in the pouring rain and watch one of the teams floundering at the bottom of the football league pyramid.Touch decision ..........suppose l had better dig out that weather proof coat.
Did you get a season ticket this season ??!
Robin
The issue to me is not whether to choose watching another team but finding the motivation to go and watch the cr@p being served up at hte moment when I don't get home until 6.30pm.
C.V
Nesty wrote:
C.V wrote:Do l sit at home with a few cans and watch one of the best teams in this country battle it out in the best competition in the World.Or do l stand out in the pouring rain and watch one of the teams floundering at the bottom of the football league pyramid.Touch decision ..........suppose l had better dig out that weather proof coat.
Did you get a season ticket this season ??!

Yes..... do you want to buy it of me will be cheap if things dont pick up over the next few games
Nesty
would you be going tonight if you didnt have a season ticket?
Jebolani
I don't have an ST, junior though so it's not too bad at all.
C.V
Nesty wrote:would you be going tonight if you didnt have a season ticket?

I would be a bit of a fool if l went tonight wouldnt I
Si Robin
I'd be going tomorrow if I had a babysitter. Gutted when I can't make a game, regardless of how s#!t we are.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:I'd be going tomorrow if I had a babysitter. Gutted when I can't make a game, regardless of how s#!t we are.
Good news: children are allowed in at Whaddon Road now :P
Nesty
C.V wrote:

So would you be going tomorrow if you didn't have a season ticket?
Si Robin
Shade wrote:
Si Robin wrote:I'd be going tomorrow if I had a babysitter. Gutted when I can't make a game, regardless of how s#!t we are.
Good news: children are allowed in at Whaddon Road now :P
A good point, however, the youngest is 3 and in bed at 7, and the oldest is 7 and the wife won't let me bring him to night games on a school night after he was a stroppy sod the Tuesday after the Everton game. She is also working tomorrow night.
51/84
Take a leaf out of our leaders book of leadership and decision making

Do nothing and wait and see - you win some , some you dont!
C.V
Nesty wrote:
C.V wrote:

So would you be going tomorrow if you didn't have a season ticket?

Very very doubtful may not even go tommorow yet depends on how bad the weather is
Andy
C.V wrote:.........suppose l had better dig out that weather proof coat.
Damn heating bill increases - you banned by the wife from turning the heating on then in your front room? LOL :)
C.V
Andy wrote:
Damn heating bill increases - you banned by the wife from turning the heating on then in your front room? LOL :)

The other way round Andy shes sat here with a scarf bobble hat and cloves on.
taxidave
Do people actually turn the heating on and off, I never touch mine it just comes on if the room temperature drops below 19 degrees.
Ralph
C.V wrote:
Andy wrote:

The other way round Andy shes sat here with a scarf bobble hat and cloves on.
is that for protection from vampires?.. oh hang on thats garlic :)
Malabus
taxidave wrote:Do people actually turn the heating on and off, I never touch mine it just comes on if the room temperature drops below 19 degrees.
So it would turn on during the summer months in the early hours of the morning?
taxidave
Malabus wrote:
taxidave wrote:Do people actually turn the heating on and off, I never touch mine it just comes on if the room temperature drops below 19 degrees.
It hasn't come on at all yet since probably last April. The temperature in my house at this moment is 20 degrees and the radiators are cold.
Malabus
taxidave wrote:
Malabus wrote:
It hasn't come on at all yet since probably last April. The temperature in my house at this moment is 20 degrees and the radiators are cold.
Not spending that winter payment just yet then...:-)
taxidave
Malabus wrote: Not spending that winter payment just yet then...:-)
I invested that years ago in cavity wall insulation, double glazing and loft insulation.
trickster
Probably won’t make it tomorrow, it could quite easily be the only game I will miss this season. I haven’t got a season ticket this year call it intuition foresight or whatever, just thought if I’m not enjoying it I’m free to please myself what I do, if I have a season ticket then I’ve made a commitment so feel the need to go, and if I don’t go I’m not getting the full advantage of the season ticket so feel its wasted, if that makes sense. :?
leohoenig
The decision is more difficult when you are not going to finish work in Manchester until around 6.
That means it is Champions League on TV, or Burscough v Marine in the FA Trophy.
Still, I hate being at home when Cheltenham are playing, so I will go to the live game unless it is seriously pissing it down at 6.