RECORD BROKEN TONIGHT

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

chris25
cheltenham's lowest ever attendance in the football league, and we go and win 3-0 could of been more, a few change's and they all shone, me thinks yatesy knew it wasn't a game to be arrogant and play the team he likes, as he is on thin ice, yes we won but with their injury's its no surprise and the red card helped us, just another game for yate's ass to twitch
little mo
Flippin heck mate, cut him some slack and give him a bit of credit. :evil:
Malabus
Thought there were 2050 tonight..? Lowest was 2035.
Uppy
Lighten up!
chris25
Cheltenham fan's I ment mal
cheltsaxon
See where your coming from Chris first half we were shocking two half chances couldn't keep the ball. Luckily their keeper had a howler and we went ahead the sending off straight at the start of second gave us abit of wind in our sails we played great football complete opposite of first half about time we had some luck! I'll wait to see how we get on at Northampton now if it's same as first half we'll lose.
chris25
little mo wrote:Flippin heck mate, cut him some slack and give him a bit of credit. :evil:
I did, 3-0 could of been more? made some change's they all shone?
Slothar
Yates isn't perfect but don't criticise him for getting it right. He picked the team and it won, trying to invent reasons why he did that shows bias. CV summarised it nicely on the other thread, good result but only step one....
Robin
Did Yates really get it right? We were awful first half and the midfield looked totally disjointed yet again. Credit for the second half but how much of that was down to the sending off?
horlickfanclub
good result but I think the damage to the fanbase has been done and we need an FA cup miracle run to draw people back----oh and playing on the whole width of the pitch might help.
QED
The performance might not have been very convincing but to be honest, after the last few weeks 'how we look' is completely irrelevant - the team's low on confidence and the only way we're going to sort that out is to put some wins together, ugly or not, disjointed midfield or not, versus ten men or not...
Educated Bertie
One was devastated to miss last night's victory, but was laid low by a severe case of the "Rangoon Cramps".

In fact, to use the modern vernacular, one was "gutted".

Still, onwards and upwards!
Jebolani
Midfield looked disjointed??? Noble came in, and calmed down the whole midfield. We play so much better when we're knocking it around.
Circa 1887
Jebolani wrote:Midfield looked disjointed??? Noble came in, and calmed down the whole midfield. We play so much better when we're knocking it around.
In the first half, 11 v 11, I'd say it did. A lot of misplaced passes. With the space afforded by an extra man in the second half, things were entirely different.
Robin
Jebolani wrote:Midfield looked disjointed??? Noble came in, and calmed down the whole midfield. We play so much better when we're knocking it around.
In the second half that was the case but you appear to have completely forgotten the awful first half of constantly hoofing and giving the ball away. Lowe passing straight into one of their attackers who was then in one-on-one with Brown too.
Jebolani
Really? I felt like it was in the first half too. Midfield maybe looked disjointed because we reverted back to 4-1-2-1-2 wide? Not sure. It was a strange formation wasn't it? Because McGlashan was RM but Noble wasn't LM..
Shade
Well I thought it was a formation and performance to frustrate the opposition into making errors, and it did exactly that.
Robin
We were struggling to work out what the midfield formation was (and it seemed so did the players). Lowe was just constantly hoofing anywhere and the ball was coming straight back at us, while Noble and Deering seemed to struggle for space.
Shade
Robin wrote:We were struggling to work out what the midfield formation was (and it seemed so did the players). Lowe was just constantly hoofing anywhere and the ball was coming straight back at us, while Noble and Deering seemed to struggle for space.
Rubbish. How many times in the first half we played short passes around the back I lost count. The ball ended up with Richards or Sido who smacked it long, if anything.
Old Coventrian
Jebolani wrote:Really? I felt like it was in the first half too. Midfield maybe looked disjointed because we reverted back to 4-1-2-1-2 wide? Not sure. It was a strange formation wasn't it? Because McGlashan was RM but Noble wasn't LM..
You're telling me it was strange. Taylor and Noble seemed to be sitting in front of the back 4, Sam in the hole behind Gornell and Cureton, Jermaine to his right, but tucked in, not out wide. Nobody really playing at all in front of Richards at LB. I could only describe it as 4-2-2-2. Thank God it worked, but I'm not sure I'd like to see it again.
Robin
Shade wrote:
Robin wrote:We were struggling to work out what the midfield formation was (and it seemed so did the players). Lowe was just constantly hoofing anywhere and the ball was coming straight back at us, while Noble and Deering seemed to struggle for space.
Rubbish. How many times in the first half we played short passes around the back I lost count. The ball ended up with Richards or Sido who smacked it long, if anything.

Lowe was the worst culprit for hoofing but I agree the whole defence were doing it, everything was by-passing the midfield.
Uppy
I think it helped that they didn't seem to have any wide players either. It was more of a 3 up front formation for them.