McGlashan hamstring and the diamond

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
After yesterdays performance, I admit against a weaker team , do you see McGlashan being reinstated while we play the diamond. I suspect his hamstring injury might last a bit longer than indicated
I thought we were more balanced.
The problem was that both full backs got forward but it did mean we often got exposed at the back and a good team will exploit that
Also when CBB returns and Richards gets pushed back into midfield who drops out

I thought Taylor had a good game as did Nobby and Sammy so the fourth midfielder is from Richards, Penn and McGlashan
solihullkev
There were times yesterday when I thought McGlashan would have made the difference - then I remembered how wasteful he too can be with final execution. I don't know how and where Yates would fit him in if he wants to keep yesterday's shape ?
McG was on the pitch pre match, albeit not training - would have thought if serious he would be wrapped up and recouperating.

Thought Russ Penn was as good yesterday as he was bad against Rochdale - second half yesterday he kept popping up in good, advanced positions on the right hand side.
Made good intelligent passes. We looked good missing just some finishing.
hEaLeR
I thought we looked more fluent without McGlashan. If we are going to play a narrow diamond formation we don't really want a winger finding himself in positions he's not use to. Noble, Taylor, Penn and Deering did a good job and long may it continue. I think it's the right time for McGlashan to have his little rest and watch a few games from the bench.