The elephants in the room

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
PaulGodfrey wrote:As an organisation we need to know what people are saying about us. My request for information was never confined to one individual but with regard to the club generally.

I think we are transparent as a club - we don't have anything to hide. I signed Billy Jones' contract cancellation form and as far as I was aware, I was doing it because the manager felt he could replace him with a younger player at no extra cost. That may be less interesting than the rumours but I believe it to be true.

I think what often happens when a team is not fulfilling expectations is that people look for reasons. This is understandable but from what I can make out, a lot of the stuff that has been circulating is either untrue or greatly exaggerated.

I would love to know the reasons why the team is not fulfilling its potential but, then again, if we ask the players who have made mistakes that led directly to goals this season then I don't suppose they will have a clear answer why they made them.

Thank you to those people who sent me PMs and I will respond individually as soon as possible.
I can't think of too many other clubs where someone in Paul's position would come on a forum to explain / appease the random rumour-mongering that goes on , on here. All the "I pay £20 so I have a right to know everything" crowd who come on complaining and moaning about the club, should take note of the calibre of the people who are looking after CTFC and cut them ALL a bit of slack
Nesty
I think that we all agree

Private problems MY has are his concern

When they spill into team affairs they are ours

PB and the board are close enough, I would have thought, to know if there is anything untoward going on, and one would hope take action

However , as others have said, it's not about the rumours it's about what's going on (or not) on the pitch that concerns me.
C.V
And as l said Nesty if these things were kept in house as they should be we would be none the wiser.Some one at the club is undermining Yates for one reason or another.Its none of our buisness .The club should root out this bad apple before any more rumours start circulating.As you say the reason we have to question the manager/board is what goes on during the ninty minutes on the pitch all the rest of the stuff going around is just someone trying stir things up.
I want Yates out but l am starting to wonder if someone else wants him out more than me.
confused.com
C.V wrote:And as l said Nesty if these things were kept in house as they should be we would be none the wiser.Some one at the club is undermining Yates for one reason or another.Its none of our buisness.The club should root out this bad apple before any more rumours start circulating.As you say the reason we have to question the manager/board is what goes on during the ninty minutes on the pitch all the rest of the stuff going around is just someone trying stir things up.
I want Yates out but l am starting to wonder if someone else wants him out more than me.
That would be ........... Robin
C.V
Robin gets his info from?????
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:Robin gets his info from?????
inside man/forums/Green Street/Pyros R Us/tea leaves
Ralph
CV's post has been edited and certain accusations/ rumours removed. How many times do we need to tell you all not to go posting that stuff on the forum???
Ralph
C.V wrote:The club should root out this bad apple before any more rumours start circulating.
Circa 1887 wrote:I've heard several things over the weekend from my source - which confirm certain 'rumours' to be true and also revelealed a further snippet of info, which paints an unprofessional light over MY.

As i'm not prepared to reveal my source (as he is on the CTFC payroll) and therefore, to the rest of you it would be rightly considered rumour, I'll keep the info off the forum and to DM only.
If Circa is not lying (look at me look at me!!) with his above quote then the club need to get in touch with Circa and encourage him to let them know who his mate on the payroll is.. The poison needs to be cut out of the club

Personally i think Circa is just another "look at me look at me!" WUM ... just one of quite a few
confused.com
Noooooo ... wants him out more than you
Andy
If Robin gets his rumours from an inside man and it's the same one he gets his financial information from in the past then surely everyone has learnt by now that the rumour is definitely over exaggerated. :). ;)
Robin
To be clear guys I would appreciate if you would keep this in context I would hope nobody is insuating that I am the one spreading rumours (although I have heard them).
Circa 1887
Ralph wrote:
C.V wrote:The club should root out this bad apple before any more rumours start circulating.
Circa 1887 wrote:I've heard several things over the weekend from my source - which confirm certain 'rumours' to be true and also revelealed a further snippet of info, which paints an unprofessional light over MY.

As i'm not prepared to reveal my source (as he is on the CTFC payroll) and therefore, to the rest of you it would be rightly considered rumour, I'll keep the info off the forum and to DM only.
If Circa is not lying (look at me look at me!!) with his above quote then the club need to get in touch with Circa and encourage him to let them know who his mate on the payroll is.. The poison needs to be cut out of the club

Personally i think Circa is just another "look at me look at me!" WUM ... just one of quite a few

No, i'm not lying or attempting to wind any one up. It's not in my interest to, as i'm a CTFC supporter and want MY and the team to prosper. What could be more perfect than a former player and captain leading us to glory as manager. I don't think what i've heard would surprise anyone, but to me at least - it just confirms it as very likely to be true, rather than random rumour.

If PG asks for my source, i'm afraid he won't be getting it. I appreciate the views some may have, but i'm a man of my word. The information is not passed on by my source in an attempt to 'poison' the club, more as idle gossip when we chat football.

...thanks for the vote of confidence though Ralph. You could not be more wrong.
Circa 1887
I'd also add that my contact believes MY's job to be extremely secure and that the board have total faith in him....much to my dismay.
Lonely goat-herd
Circa 1887 wrote:I'd also add that my contact believes MY's job to be extremely secure and that the board have total faith in him....much to my dismay.
Bugger - what a downer :cry:
confused.com
Circa 1887 wrote:I'd also add that my contact believes MY's job to be extremely secure and that the board have total faith in him....much to my dismay.
You know what Circa, I have feck all time for your schoolboy "I have a secret and I am not telling you" - couldn't give a feck if you new the winner of the last Grand National, Because unless you are prepared to grow a pair, that is about all you know.

All too easy to come on places like this and insinuate indiscretions or whatever, but just like the Daily Sports "double decker bus found on the moon", it is so full of $hit.

Put up or shut up. As has often been said, it is not libel if it is true ..... so go for it, or get back to the playground
Robin

I genuinely hope this isn't true!
Circa 1887
confused.com wrote:
You know what Circa, I have feck all time for your schoolboy "I have a secret and I am not telling you" - couldn't give a feck if you new the winner of the last Grand National, Because unless you are prepared to grow a pair, that is about all you know.

All too easy to come on places like this and insinuate indiscretions or whatever, but just like the Daily Sports "double decker bus found on the moon", it is so full of $hit.

Put up or shut up. As has often been said, it is not libel if it is true ..... so go for it, or get back to the playground
To be honest, that's a pathetic post and shows disrespect to the owners and administrators of this board. Equally, without even knowing me, or how I got my information, you're labelling me as full of s**t.

I'm not prepared to expose the owners of this board to legal risks. I'm not prepared to risk someone's job to prove to a nobody like you that "I have balls" - which is a schoolboy statement in itself.

Anyone that has asked me via DM has got an answer. I can, clearly, only relay what my source has told me. I obviously cannot personally prove what has taken place. Hence, publicly stating the information on this board would be extremely stupid.

If you're not interested, do me a favour and keep my name off of your lips.
Circa 1887
Robin wrote:

I genuinely hope this isn't true!
It is. MY has a strong personal bond with Baker and co. Fair play to him. I guess his playing career and turning around the Martin Allen debacle, plus the past two campaigns, have endeared him to the board. Understandable, even if this season has thus far been dire.
PaulGodfrey
OK, my last post on the subject for now as I'm going to be extremely busy in the youth department for the next three days.
I received a few rumours from people by PM yesterday and had to be at the training ground today so took the opportunity to discuss them with the manager, a couple of staff members and a couple of directors.
The discussion was fairly short and the responses I got included: "not this rubbish again?"; "why do you bother with this stuff?" and "we only ever hear things like this when the team hasn't been doing so well."
From that it seems to me that users of this message board, myself included, have been taking all this a bit too seriously.
As for there being a 'source' or 'mole' within the club, it was generally felt that this would be someone without access to wide ranging or detailed information. This was not considered to be a major cause of concern.
Ultimately people are free to believe what they want. There will be those who accept my responses on this thread, for example, and there will be those who prefer a bit of intrigue and a good conspiracy theory.
Mark, Paul Baker and I will all be at the Robins Trust AGM on Thursday so may see some of you there.
Ralph
Circa 1887 wrote:
confused.com wrote:

To be honest, that's a pathetic post and shows disrespect to the owners and administrators of this board. Equally, without even knowing me, or how I got my information, you're labelling me as full of s**t.

I'm not prepared to expose the owners of this board to legal risks. I'm not prepared to risk someone's job to prove to a nobody like you that "I have balls" - which is a schoolboy statement in itself.

Anyone that has asked me via DM has got an answer. I can, clearly, only relay what my source has told me. I obviously cannot personally prove what has taken place. Hence, publicly stating the information on this board would be extremely stupid.

If you're not interested, do me a favour and keep my name off of your lips.
you can't like your friend much if your putting him in the shop window like this.. the amount of people that work for CTFC isn't the biggest. Might not take a brain surgeon to figure out who he is from a CTFC perspective..
Circa 1887
I'm confident that there won't be a risk of that, thanks Ralph. Feel free to guess - if you think you can work it out.

Incidentally, PG was gracious enough to tell me that the information I gave him "didn't appear to be anything new or of particular concern."
Sprout Picker
confused.com wrote:

A tap in so I'm going to resist! :lol:
Horteng
PaulGodfrey wrote:OK, my last post on the subject for now as I'm going to be extremely busy in the youth department for the next three days.
I received a few rumours from people by PM yesterday and had to be at the training ground today so took the opportunity to discuss them with the manager, a couple of staff members and a couple of directors.
The discussion was fairly short and the responses I got included: "not this rubbish again?"; "why do you bother with this stuff?" and "we only ever hear things like this when the team hasn't been doing so well."
From that it seems to me that users of this message board, myself included, have been taking all this a bit too seriously.
As for there being a 'source' or 'mole' within the club, it was generally felt that this would be someone without access to wide ranging or detailed information. This was not considered to be a major cause of concern.
Ultimately people are free to believe what they want. There will be those who accept my responses on this thread, for example, and there will be those who prefer a bit of intrigue and a good conspiracy theory.
Mark, Paul Baker and I will all be at the Robins Trust AGM on Thursday so may see some of you there.
Paul,

It sounds to me as if its panic stations before the forum Thurs????

Did you talk to Yates for warn him what might come his way tomorrow?
C.V
PaulGodfrey wrote:OK, my last post on the subject for now as I'm going to be extremely busy in the youth department for the next three days.

Thanks Paul for the update hope this now answers a few fans questions.Look forward to Thursdays forum hope we have some good questions and honest answers.
Andy
Horteng wrote:
What might ....not.... that be then?

:)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
Horteng wrote:

The noise of a bottle.
Educated Bertie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Andy wrote:
Horteng wrote:

The noise of a bottle.
One is concerned about such a inflammatory statement, the kind of posting that brings this forum into disrepute.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bertie sir, do please forgive! A tiresome days struggle with the 'computing device' followed by a frustrating game of Whiff Whaff against country folk had clouded my mind.
Educated Bertie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Bertie sir, do please forgive! A tiresome days struggle with the 'computing device' followed by a frustrating game of Whiff Whaff against country folk had clouded my mind.
Perhaps a few sherberts came into the equation too?

Caveat poster, to coin a phrase, would seem apposite.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Educated Bertie wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Bertie sir, do please forgive! A tiresome days struggle with the 'computing device' followed by a frustrating game of Whiff Whaff against country folk had clouded my mind.
Perhaps a few sherberts came into the equation too?

Caveat poster, to coin a phrase, would seem apposite.
No sherberts old chap, but left equally dehydrated and out of sorts through the means of perspiration.