2 new loans in

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
We desperately need a LB and .......
I would say a left winger but no point if we are playing a diamond
A CB but Elliot needs to be tried for the next 2 or 3

I expect to see at least one perhaps 2 by thursday 6pm
Malabus
51/84 wrote:I expect to see at least one perhaps 2 by thursday 6pm
I expect next week to be dry with no rain at all and to win the lottery jackpot on Wednesday.
hEaLeR
We don't have the cash for this. The FA cup was our get out of jail card for some player movement. I only see loans IN if we get people OUT but who's going to realistically take any of our players?

Whilst I wouldn't want to see him leave the only player of value who hasn't been used recently is Steve Elliott.
51/84
he was used yesterday to get us out of jail and it didnt work
Sprout Picker
51/84 wrote:he was used yesterday to get us out of jail and it didnt work
We shouldn't have been 'in jail' in the first place.
51/84
In case you have missed it JP has tweeted that the manager has made approaches for 2 loan players

Dont say I didnt tell you on Sunday
No I am not revealing my sources so ya sucks
Educated Bertie
I hope your sources are impeccable as we spend more money in the loan market, with a mere flick of the wrist. :roll:

NB : Other sources [sic] are available.
everyman
51/84 wrote:We desperately need a LB and .......
I would say a left winger but no point if we are playing a diamond
A CB but Elliot needs to be tried for the next 2 or 3

I expect to see at least one perhaps 2 by thursday 6pm
Probably being brought in to balance up the bench !
baggy89
51/84 wrote:In case you have missed it JP has tweeted that the manager has made approaches for 2 loan players
Welcome to, two months ago.

Oh wait...

:(
Andy
I expect they will be in for the start of our season. :)
Carthorse Ted
Andy wrote:I expect they will be in for the start of our season. :)
And then available to Bishops Cleeve in the window.
51/84
Well after our chairman throwing the towel in there will be no loans.
By the time Baker panics it may be too late
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mr Baker is a football fan and he knows as well as I do we will not be in danger of relegation. Seven points off the play offs someone said - even in March you'd be in with a shout of Wembley, let alone November.
51/84
OK RCS when did you see us play last
We may be 7 points off the playoffs , how many off the relegations slots. I think its 6 at the moment
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:OK RCS when did you see us play last
We may be 7 points off the playoffs , how many off the relegations slots. I think its 6 at the moment
Exactly, table still remains so close and tight it's not worth stressing over a few positions.

I am talking purely about stats not what is seen on the pitch.
CS85
Talking stats......last time i looked we had the worst defence in the league,our goals are more likely to dry up than us starting to keep clean sheets. We wont even bother 12th position.
Robin
Don't worry mate, RCS believes Yates shouldn't be sacked and he's in the majority view! He also believes we will shoot up the table in no time.
CheltRobin
@ 51/84 - I was at the Fans Forum and the Chairman is NOT throwing in the towel as you say. What the board is saying to Yates / Howarth is: "we are not giving out any more money until we see an improvement in results" If we are in the top half by the New Year, then maybe they will fork out for 1 maybe 2 loan signings, but until, Yates / Howarth will have to prove to him that they can get this squad closer to the top half than the bottom - fair enough I say.

I think the same thinking is prob also behind not renewing their contracts as yet.
Robin
My problem with that is no real improvement seems to be on the horizon instead we just limp one poor result to another with the occasional win leading the optimistic few into shouting that the corner has been turned. I would love to be proven wrong but I genuinely see no cause for optimism a the moment.
CheltRobin
Next 5 home matches I reckon will point to how our season pans out.
baggy89
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Exactly, table still remains so close and tight it's not worth stressing over a few positions.

It is a ridiculous situation to be in, only having two more defenders (one of whom is injured) than we have goalies.

The table remains tight, is exactly why we need good solid defensive loan signings. Stop shipping goals with errors my under 9's would be embarrassed to make, and we will climb the table. Persist with the same players making the same mistakes game after game, best case scenario is we remain where we are but fall further off the pace. Worst case the nervousness spreads throughout the team our form drops and we end up in and around the relegation spots. It's all very well saying the form has improved over the last month but there has to be perspective, given the opposition the points return is poor.

Yates said last night the Diamond is working, I disagree the diamond is the reason that the defence is being put under more pressure. The full back positions are weak, using the diamond there is not enough cover from midfield in the wide areas resulting in centre backs being pulled out of position which in turn brings the midfield back into the defensive positions and guess what? No one is taking charge of it, communication goes out the window and... Carnage. Add to this, as I've said previously, there is not a ball playing CB in this team. Every team that achieves anything has a ball playing CB (I'd even argue the ones who win things have two and a ball playing GK). I suppose you could argue with the diamond, Taylor will come and collect. This brings the whole team further back and invites the opposition up the field plus it doesn't take a tactical genius to work it out.

Left back and Centre Back still urgently needed. Along with the inclusion of our wide players.
Benctfc
baggy89 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

It is a ridiculous situation to be in, only having two more defenders (one of whom is injured) than we have goalies.

The table remains tight, is exactly why we need good solid defensive loan signings. Stop shipping goals with errors my under 9's would be embarrassed to make, and we will climb the table. Persist with the same players making the same mistakes game after game, best case scenario is we remain where we are but fall further off the pace. Worst case the nervousness spreads throughout the team our form drops and we end up in and around the relegation spots. It's all very well saying the form has improved over the last month but there has to be perspective, given the opposition the points return is poor.

Yates said last night the Diamond is working, I disagree the diamond is the reason that the defence is being put under more pressure. The full back positions are weak, using the diamond there is not enough cover from midfield in the wide areas resulting in centre backs being pulled out of position which in turn brings the midfield back into the defensive positions and guess what? No one is taking charge of it, communication goes out the window and... Carnage. Add to this, as I've said previously, there is not a ball playing CB in this team. Every team that achieves anything has a ball playing CB (I'd even argue the ones who win things have two and a ball playing GK). I suppose you could argue with the diamond, Taylor will come and collect. This brings the whole team further back and invites the opposition up the field plus it doesn't take a tactical genius to work it out.

Left back and Centre Back still urgently needed. Along with the inclusion of our wide players.
Spot on couldn't have put it better myself.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Don't worry mate, RCS believes Yates shouldn't be sacked and he's in the majority view! He also believes we will shoot up the table in no time.
I believe we can - different from will.

To use an analogy from another sport, if you watch a tennis game it's clear who is the better player with the best technique and playing the right shots, but for whatever reason the top players have their confidence or timing slightly out, miss shots by centimetres and lose to or struggle against players who are visibly worse. The fundamentals are there and the game is right, just need to wait to get back in the zone.

A few of our home games have been like that, the fundamentals for a clear and comfortable victory let down by a couple of mistakes.

I believe it is easier to cut out mistakes than to drastically change the whole form of the team, which is why I think we can turn it around.

If it was 4-0 every week with no mistakes and the players were just not good enough then I would not have the same belief that the potential is there to string a run together.