KAID to Dons?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Vale-win ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C.V
Well after Saturdays farce we wont be entering into deals like this. The budget's already been blown.We are stuck with what we have, kids on the bench and an unbalenced squad along with a miss firing manager who hasnt a clue where to shoehorn his players in.
CTFC03
We are definitely missing Kaid!!
Benctfc
CTFC03 wrote:We are definitely missing Kaid!!
No were missing a left winger all together. Oh wait ... We have one but Yates refuses to play him.
cheltsaxon
Yet another player who thought he could do better only to be found out and go back to square one.
51/84
Does the loan window shut at the end of November

As for Ash he looked better in the reserve match last week but I dont think it would benefit us or AV until he is in the right place and level of fitness
Benctfc
AV should have been loaned out to someone if he isn't in Yates plans not even like he's coming off the bench in matches waste of a wage
CheltRobin
No surprise that Mo back down to L2 - never gonna be a L1 player - Mind you, would I'd rather have Mo than Vincent.........?? (I actually think I would - can't believe what I'm saying!!).

AV was an obvious panic buy by Yates when Grimes turned us down - wonder if AV is regretting turning down a 2yr deal at Vale to come back to Chelt - even with our main winger injured, he still isn't getting a look in - Kowitca still ahead in the pecking order.

Unless he gets into the squad betenn now and New Year, can easily see him being let go in the Jan transfer window.
trickster
CheltRobin wrote:No surprise that Mo back down to L2 - never gonna be a L1 player - Mind you, would I'd rather have Mo than Vincent.........?? (I actually think I would - can't believe what I'm saying!!).

AV was an obvious panic buy by Yates when Grimes turned us down - wonder if AV is regretting turning down a 2yr deal at Vale to come back to Chelt - even with our main winger injured, he still isn't getting a look in - Kowitca still ahead in the pecking order.

Unless he gets into the squad betenn now and New Year, can easily see him being let go in the Jan transfer window.
In my mind there as always been something that doesn’t ring true in that statement, I don’t care who said it but what player in their right mind would turn down a league 1 outfit and a two year contract for a relatively small league 2 outfit, was it because we are such a big club or the fact he loves us so much I don’t believe either is true, and by the enthusiasm he’s shown so far he probably ended up here against his better judgement.
taxidave
trickster wrote: In my mind there as always been something that doesn’t ring true in that statement, I don’t care who said it but what player in their right mind would turn down a league 1 outfit and a two year contract for a relatively small league 2 outfit, was it because we are such a big club or the fact he loves us so much I don’t believe either is true, and by the enthusiasm he’s shown so far he probably ended up here against his better judgement.
I think it may add more substance to my theory that our budget has been spent on bringing in 2 or 3 very expensive players with, consequently, very little left to bolster the numbers and perhaps Vincent is another of those very highly paid players.
But I do agree with you trickster that with only the information to hand that we have been told it would seem to be a very strange decision by Vincent.
confused.com
C.V wrote:Well after Saturdays farce we wont be entering into deals like this. The budget's already been blown.We are stuck with what we have, kids on the bench and an unbalenced squad along with a miss firing manager who hasnt a clue where to shoehorn his players in.
And the relevance to Kaid going to Don's is ???????
taxidave
confused.com wrote:And the relevance to Kaid going to Don's is ???????
No relevance whatsoever but if you had bothered to read the later posts you would have realised which way this thread had moved. But in case that is too much effort for you I will summarise... CheltRobin said he would prefer Kaid to Vincent and then trickster wrote that he thought the signing of Vincent was a mistake, to which I replied that I thought Vincent was on a very high wage otherwise he would not have come here... do you now understand the relevance.
Last edited by taxidave on 11 Nov 2013, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
leohoenig
Sorry, does a post have to be relevant? Surely we can post what we like, so long as it is knocking the manager
Robin
No surprise at all about Kaid dropping back, he was never league one standard.
51/84
Zak has more ball contol and ability in one toe than Mo did in 2 years
Scored goal I hear you shout but not at wembley he didnt
Is he still running with the ball
cheltsaxon
The contract vale offered vincent would probly of been peanuts and told he would be bak up thats probly why he turned it down to come here not rocket science.
C.V
Bit like Duffy here there was a reduced contract that was turned down
CheltRobin
I very much doubt that we are paying Vincent more than Vale were going to offer him - higher league as well. Glad when I 1st heard about the signing, but his performances that I've seen have been well short - if he does stay, think it'll be New Year before we see any improvement.
confused.com
taxidave wrote:
confused.com wrote:And the relevance to Kaid going to Don's is ???????
No relevance whatsoever but if you had bothered to read the later posts you would have realised which way this thread had moved. But in case that is too much effort for you I will summarise... CheltRobin said he would prefer Kaid to Vincent and then trickster wrote that he thought the signing of Vincent was a mistake, to which I replied that I thought Vincent was on a very high wage otherwise he would not have come here... do you now understand the relevance.
TD, thank you for your summary, the relevance to my comment I am still trying to understand. However as usual, you are more than willing to answer a question that was not aimed at you. In this case I shall thank you for supporting my question re the relevance of the post in question. You seem to be attempting to imply that CV had some kind of foresight as to what way the thread was going to be hijacked ?

TD indeed
confused.com
leohoenig wrote:Sorry, does a post have to be relevant? Surely we can post what we like, so long as it is knocking the manager

I apologise Leo, I forgot to apply that theorem. If only I had then I would not have looked as stupid as I obviously do ;) ;)
C.V
Dear oh dear we do seem to have got out of bed the wrong side today havent we.I was merely highlighting that we wont be in the market for deals like this.Now get down the doctors and get something for your PMT. :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I think CV raises a good and serious point. It does seem we do not have the finances for these type of mid-season signings. The fear being, that if teams like Wimbledon - final day relegation surviving last season - who I and I am sure others view as smaller (non-league in league clothing) clubs than ourselves, are able to finance such signings, it reduces our ability to compete in this league.
Horteng
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24902927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
London Exile
When Kaid left in the summer Yates was very complimentary about him so I'd like to think we enquired about him if we knew he was available.
Horteng
On his day he was very good..... Unfortunately his day came around every 6 or 7 games