Squad today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have just seen the line up and that to me appears to be the strongest 18 we have fielded this season.

Good options on the bench for various scenarios. Time to kick on second half.
Uppy
And, alas, playing your best players works!
Circa 1887
Uppy wrote:And, alas, playing your best players works!
If only we'd worked that one out back in August.
Shade
Back in August only 15% of fans would have said Taylor was one of the best 11 and Penn wasn't.
Uppy
I do feel that Yates has a tendency occasionally to try and prove that he's a tactical genius and can out coach his opposite number. Sometimes we need to force teams to try and adapt to OUR team.
Nesty
squad did indeed look stronger and team had a bit of balance to it.
Uppy
Shade wrote:Back in August only 15% of fans would have said Taylor was one of the best 11 and Penn wasn't.
If that!

But I see your point. Still not 100% sure I wouldn't have Penn in there, but I can see the reason for Taylor. He's certainly started playing like the guy we signed.
solihullkev
Back in August we did not have Noble.
Chelt Luke in Glos
A great result yesterday, but I still believe Mr Yates only has one system and one game plan, we are inconsistent this season and when we need changes they are not implemented. Yes some players are dropped however subs are usually far to late (if there are any) and formations are not changed enough in my opinion.

We have 3 quick wingers on the bench who if given the chance can offer a new dimension to the diamond. But if we are losing Yates wont change his midfield and use the wide positions, which he must do! Unless we get back to back victories with the diamond now Yates has to change the system, largely by actually using Mcglashan, Vincent and Kotwica
ghandi
Must admit putting Lowe & Penn on the bench did'nt seem a very good move to me.Listened on the radio,we seemed to dominate most of the game,was suprised when they equalised.Bit of luck with our second goal,pheraps were due some.Then yatesy goes into kamakasie mode,the usual tactic of going defensive for the last 20mins to try and hang on to a lead.Even the blokes on the radio thought it was a crazy move.Still he got away with it (this time!),and he and everyone else breathed a sigh of relief with 3 points on the board.Newport will be a sterner test,Bristol with wardy won't be easy,but 2 home wins and we'd be talking about the play-offs.Funny old game ai'nt.