PARKING

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ncfc1
Is there any parking in or around the ground in the side-streets etc for non-permit holders? Or what do you suggest? Many thanks
taxidave
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=15026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ncfc1
Yeah, did see that, but what I really wanted to know is there parking within walking distance to the ground, rather than park and ride, because I haven't got a Scooby where you would have to catch a bus at 4.55, to return to the racecourse or even how far it is from WR.
rasta
There is street parking, but not in Whaddon road unless you want a ticket or worse towed. You would need to get there early say 1pm [ or earlier] then walk back to town or go to the club bar or Parklands
leohoenig
There is normally a limited amount of parking available in the club car park at £5 per car
Si Robin
There is also Parklands on Wymans Road for £4.

The Park and Ride is the best option if you want free parking, the Racecourse is a mile or so away and the bus drops you off at the end of Whaddon Road, it picks you up from the same spot at the end of the game.

There is minimal street parking, dependant on how far you're prepared to walk, and don't park on double yellows, you will be fined (as I found out back in January).
asl
ncfc1 wrote:I haven't got a Scooby where you would have to catch a bus at 4.55, to return to the racecourse
It's quite tricky. You have to exit the away end and cross over the road. But I can see where you might go wrong.
taxidave
Plenty of on street parking in Humber Road, Severn Road and Clyde Crescent and just a few minutes walk to the ground.
art vandalay
taxidave wrote:Plenty of on street parking in Humber Road, Severn Road and Clyde Crescent and just a few minutes walk to the ground.
If not sure that counts as parking your car or gifting your car :)

As long as you don't mind a 10-15 minute walk, go for street parking to the west, north or south of the ground. Try not to park right in front of someone's house and bear in mind that the ground is within walking distance of the town centre, so don't leave it too late as a lot of spaces will already be occupied. I don't think there are many parking restrictions in place on a Saturday unless you get too close to the town centre.
taxidave
art vandalay wrote:
taxidave wrote:Plenty of on street parking in Humber Road, Severn Road and Clyde Crescent and just a few minutes walk to the ground.
I have never ever had a problem parking my car in Whaddon and I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum has had a problem either.
London Exile
The roads in whaddon, particularly those nearer to Sainsburys are fine to park in.
IMO they allow for a quicker exit rather than getting caught on the Prestbury Road roundabout
Ralph
ncfc1 wrote:Is there any parking in or around the ground in the side-streets etc for non-permit holders? Or what do you suggest? Many thanks

so you have been complaining what a rip off price it is, but your still coming...
art vandalay
taxidave wrote:
art vandalay wrote:
I have never ever had a problem parking my car in Whaddon and I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum has had a problem either.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.
asl
Ever left your car in Mersey Road then, TD...?
VeraLickleklubsBack
The kids will look after your car if you park in certain roads, for a bribe, so you won't need to call Scratches Anonymous .
taxidave
asl wrote:Ever left your car in Mersey Road then, TD...?
I used to go out with a woman who lived in Mersey Road and my car used to be parked there day and night and never any problems (with the car that is ..not the woman !!!!!).
Shade
I usually arrive at around 2:30 and easily get parked in one of the streets around the ground, 3 minute walk maximum. Usually on Severn Road. Occasionally, when it's busy, Cleeve View Road or Mendip Road/Close.

Been parking around there pretty much every home game for 10 years+, never had a scratch on any of my cars.
Dave Beesley
I always park on Windsor Street/Cleevemount Road. Quite often I get there at 2.40, get a space by the shops at the top and still make kick off.
ncfc1
Ralph wrote:
ncfc1 wrote:Is there any parking in or around the ground in the side-streets etc for non-permit holders? Or what do you suggest? Many thanks

so you have been complaining what a rip off price it is, but your still coming...
Of course with at least 800 taffs. Would have sold out our 'allocation', if it wasn't for your club ripping off football fans but WTF.

ps thanks for all the replies re: parking. See you all Saturday, and expect to be in the top 3 at 4.50, if other results go our way :D