FAO Paul Baker

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
So it does look as though the Board are very reluctant to allow Yates to spend any more money over and above what has already been budgeted for, so does that mean they do not trust him to spend it wisely or are they waiting to see how our season pans out in the next few weeks.
51/84
I think Baker implied that the board would see where we are come january, and to be honest if you take the passion out of it, it does seem sensible especially as the league is so tight at the moment
taxidave
51/84 wrote:I think Baker implied that the board would see where we are come january, and to be honest if you take the passion out of it, it does seem sensible especially as the league is so tight at the moment
I think that, provided we are not struggling to avoid relegation, the Board will see this as a season of consolidation and will be happy with us ending in a mid table position with no more additional expenditure on players wages. I really cannot see them throwing any more money at a promotion push after what happened last year.
As for Yates, provided there are no disasters, I think his job will be safe until at least May 4th.