Prem clubs watching Kotwica, Williams and Hanks

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -joe-hanks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't believe this really, Zack is the pick and would surely command a good six figure fee.
solihullkev
In the world of journalism and spin I do wonder what the real source of these sorts of rumours are - clubs, agents,

"If West Ham are having a look at x we should too"
Robin
To be honest it sounded like a story planted by their agent (I bet it's the same person) however it may help us inflate a price if other clubs do express an interest.
Uppy
I'd be surprised if anybody was realistically interested in them, but it's nice to hear anyway.
VeraLickleklubsBack
solihullkev wrote:In the world of journalism and spin I do wonder what the real source of these sorts of rumours are - clubs, ....
"I am THE Mole and I live in CT's HOLE :lol:
Malabus
I want them to stay. Plain and simple, let's hope the board forget the £'s on this.
ctfc-fan
Robin wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -joe-hanks

Can't believe this really, Zack is the pick and would surely command a good six figure fee.
Robin and his football financial knowledge again...

Please tell why you think they'd be worth a 'good six figure fee'?
Uppy
Malabus wrote:I want them to stay. Plain and simple, let's hope the board forget the £'s on this.
Historically, we have got good money for players who have ended up nowhere a few years later.
everyman
Nothing surprising about this,scouts are frequently seen at our youth team matches,from various levels,even Scotland on occasions.
Robin
ctfc-fan wrote:
Robin wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -joe-hanks

Robin and his football financial knowledge again...

Please tell why you think they'd be worth a 'good six figure fee'?
Based on something called precedent and general sales know how. If someone wants one of your players and you know they have a lot of money you don't sell them for a packet of crisps.

Example Jordan Bowery to Villa for around £500k, no different to Zack.
Horteng
Utter nonsense. Kyle Haynes and Ethan Moore were going places now look at them.......
Andy
Robin wrote:Example Jordan Bowery to Villa for around £500k, no different to Zack.
Whilst the overall deal might be worth that, initial fees are probably only 10 percent of that.

With youth nowadays the money is only made if they either get a pro contract, play for first team, get sold on and possibly even a little hopeful clause of an England appearance. Then the money would come in.
Shade
The one difference with Kotwica is he has made 11 appearances in our first team and hasn't looked out of place. Edge and Moore never played in our first team (from what I can remember).
Robin
Hanks and Kotwica are on professional deals so we should see more money than Edge (as an example).
ctfc-fan
Ok Robin