Sammy to score tonight

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Will sammy score tonight
He didnt at wycombe
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/wycomb ... 97278.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will he even play tonight?
Circa 1887
No
Correct
Yes
:D
Shade
I think he may be out with McG in. Push Richards in behind the front two maybe?
Artemis
Shade wrote:I think he may be out with McG in. Push Richards in behind the front two maybe?
Newport's 3-5-2 formation was crying out for McG on the wing exploiting the space in behind the wing-backs from the start. I imagine Rovers will play 4-4-2, which would suit the diamond more with Sammy in his roaming role, rather than McG marked out the game by Rovers wide men and full-back. (Well, that's how I'd do it on Football Manager!)
Circa 1887
Artemis wrote:
Shade wrote:I think he may be out with McG in. Push Richards in behind the front two maybe?
Newport's 3-5-2 formation was crying out for McG on the wing exploiting the space in behind the wing-backs from the start. I imagine Rovers will play 4-4-2, which would suit the diamond more with Sammy in his roaming role, rather than McG marked out the game by Rovers wide men and full-back. (Well, that's how I'd do it on Football Manager!)
I very much agree with that observation.
dannyctfc89
Mcg has to start tonight on the right. Cant see Sammy starting tonight. Sammy has being doing ok in advanced roll but felt saturday and previous weeks havent really created much for the stikers because play broken down to easily in midfield.
Oldun
Please no Sammy tonight. He gives it his all but does not have the ability or presence to deserve a shirt. If we could offload it would be brilliant, especially if CBB could go too! Would free up some cash for the loans coming in on Thursday.....(possibly!!!)
CheltRobin
McG should deffo start tonight - we looked much more of a threat when he came on against Newport.
Shade
I think the only reason McG didn't start on Saturday was because it was his first game back from injury. Unless Weso doesn't think he can play for at least an hour, I expect him to start.
Taz1985
Oldun wrote:Please no Sammy tonight. He gives it his all but does not have the ability or presence to deserve a shirt. If we could offload it would be brilliant, especially if CBB could go too! Would free up some cash for the loans coming in on Thursday.....(possibly!!!)
Is this a serious post????

Who would you play in that position then? His link up play is good for this level.
CheltRobin wrote:McG should deffo start tonight - we looked much more of a threat when he came on against Newport.
Correct, although Newport did play 3 at the back, which I doubt Rovers will do.
Oldun
I am serious Taz. Yet to see Sam do anything except run around. He doesn't win tackles his passing is poor he is lightweight. Terry can play behind front two. ( or abandon diamond please)
Malabus
Oldun wrote:I am serious Taz. Yet to see Sam do anything except run around. He doesn't win tackles his passing is poor he is lightweight. Terry can play behind front two. ( or abandon diamond please)
Didn't he get MOTM v Newport. Think Sammy does the hard unnoticed work.
taxidave
Oldun wrote:I am serious Taz. Yet to see Sam do anything except run around. He doesn't win tackles his passing is poor he is lightweight. Terry can play behind front two. ( or abandon diamond please)
You are to Sam Deering what Horteng is to McGlashan.
I-Love-CTFC
Don't get me wrong I like Sam, he puts in a real shift and he's one of our more creative players, but for someone who plays just behind the strikers he needs to influence the game more and add goals. Deering was named MOTM v Newport somehow, not sure how? Everyone was in agreement that it was Elliott by a long way.
RED ROB
Ha ha ha, what Deering wanted Saturday was someone wide to open it up in the middle.
He's more likely to play the likes of Cureton in than any of the others. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oldun
I am calling it as i see it week after we
It's not personal He is not good enough for this level.
CheltRobin
Elliott was deffo MOM on Sat - since he's been back in the back 4, we've looked a little more secure - and some communication has been restored.
asl
If we dropped every single player someone on this board had a gripe over, we'd probably only be able to field a 0-0-0 formation.
Shade
There's no denying it, Sam definitely needs to add finishing product to his game, not only in goals but his assists column is pretty empty as well. For a small guy playing behind the strikers, if he's not bringing that, what is he bringing?

If he plays tonight, I really hope he starts sliding passes through for the strikers to run onto. There have been too many games he is too easily dealt with by the opposition and ends up passing backwards or sideways when and if he gets the ball.
RED ROB
Got a couple of quid for him to score at 10/1.
I know, a fool and his money are soon parted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Si Robin
After being at Tamworth, I think it's fair to say Terry can't play very well behind the front two.
VeraLickleklubsBack
Sammy to score....I always liked Buddy Holly's "that'll be the day". :shock:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The times I have seen Sammy play he has not always looked in the game but I like him for one reason.

In football you need someone different, who the opposition know they have to keep an eye out for.

If Sammy is buzzing around, trying to find the gaps and pick a pass then the opponent must be kept on their toes and track him. Doing this in the diamond is especially effective at giving Noble and the others more space.
Oldun
Lost your money then? According to JP Sammy was busy tonight. Clearly being busy did not do him (or the team) a lot of good as it stayed 0-0 and none of his chasing around brought golden chances for the strikers.
Nothing new there then!