Jamie Cureton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
Heard last night he is on £4k a week :o
51/84
could well be
I was certainly told and may have posted but may not £3.5K
I think Taxidave , leo myself and one or 2 others have implied that Cureton is on virtually double or more than the average wage
Baker said that there was no body on double or more so that is why the £3.5K seemed the correct fiogure
It may also have been the thing that upset the other players and fans. It is obvious we have spent more on weekly wages hence cheap left backs and no money in the kitty.

Has Cureton done enough to earn his £3.5K a week, answer no
solihullkev
Anyone have an earthly reason why Gornell was substituted instead of Cureton.

There is a strong argument to start Saturday with Harrison and Gornell - would get my vote. With Cureton to come on if nothing happens.
51/84
because hes not on £4K a week
Cureton has a hissy fit if you take him off as his goal bonus does not function if hes not on the pitch scoring goals
Both harrison and Gornell give more to the team
will we go 4-5-1
hEaLeR
Horteng wrote:Heard last night he is on £4k a week :o
I've never laughed so much in my life, have you been taking your figures from the Robin school of numbers - double it and add some....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
51/84
so why do you say that healer
if you know better please share
Horteng
hEaLeR wrote:
I've never laughed so much in my life, have you been taking your figures from the Robin school of numbers - double it and add some....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately we weren't smoking anything in the main stand last night..... It was genuine talk from a respectable fan.

Id be interested to the genuine reasons why he chose us over Bristol Rovers in the summer
Nesty
Cureton is the latest striker we sign past their use by date, obviously we cannot afford his ilk at the peak of their careers, but like Kim Casey their prolific days were over.
If reports of his salary are true then we have been very foolish, and may explain any unrest.
Circa 1887
I can imagine that the players would appreciate why Cuerton would be on more money, given he did well at Exeter and the career he has had.

I'd be extremely surprised if he or his salary are causing any dressing room issues.
Nesty
but if we are paying over the odds for one player it explains why the rest of the squad is below par
Circa 1887
I agree, it would.
THECHOIRBOY
I have no idea about salaries although this does sound a lot

However what fascinates me is over the last couple of seasons we have people commenting on the need for 20 goal a season strikers, a better first 11 etc The X factor type player..... They got their wish.....

This season Yates appears to have put more of his eggs in one basket and the same people criticise. Next season when the wage budget is averagely distributed people will be calling for the star quality again!
PaulGodfrey
It's becoming increasingly obvious that someone, somewhere is making up rumours and circulating them around in order to undermine the club.
A bit of simple mathematics can dispell this one. 4K per week = £208K per year. That's 10% of our annual turnover on one employee. Not really feasible, is it?
THECHOIRBOY
Paul, you have ruined their fun. Why let facts get in the way of a good rumour?!
Si Robin
PaulGodfrey wrote:It's becoming increasingly obvious that someone, somewhere is making up rumours and circulating them around in order to undermine the club.
A bit of simple mathematics can dispell this one. 4K per week = £208K per year. That's 10% of our annual turnover on one employee. Not really feasible, is it?
:lol:

NOTE: I'm laughing with you Paul, not at your comment
hEaLeR
PaulGodfrey wrote:It's becoming increasingly obvious that someone, somewhere is making up rumours and circulating them around in order to undermine the club.
Thanks for the update Paul.
Benctfc
I can't imagine him being on over 2k at the most. I hope not anyway..
Andy
and in next weeks episode of 'The Nest'...

It's amazing how when you have a s#!t morning at work, you can always find something on here to make you laugh and smile.

Wouldn't a bit of common sense as per PGs post have kicked in before starting a thread like this? If we all came on and posted a rumour / comment that we heard at footy after each match, I'd hate to think what we would see on here LOL

:) :D
Horteng
I wasn't aware the players are paid for 52 weeks of the year?
Robin
I would be surprised if Jamie is on more than £2k per week.
Taz1985
Horteng wrote:
Are you actually serious? Or are you just acting stupid?
Flux
Horteng wrote:
hEaLeR wrote:
Unfortunately we weren't smoking anything in the main stand last night..... It was genuine talk from a respectable fan.

Id be interested to the genuine reasons why he chose us over Bristol Rovers in the summer

He probably picked us over Rovers as we were/are a better shot at promotion than Rovers.
vcinthestand
Robin wrote:I would be surprised if Jamie is on more than £2k per week.
Not like you to round things down robin

So if he is on £2k/ week thats £100K a year
If the playing budget is about £1 million he is on 10% of the playing budget
( I read what Paul G was careful to put turnover not playing budget)
So if hes on more than £2k per week hes on more than 10% of the playing budget.
Considering the number of scholars and 1st year professionals then I would suggest that currently we are not getting our moneys worth from our senior players
trickster
Taz1985 wrote:
Horteng wrote:
Are you actually serious? Or are you just acting stupid?
Lets just say he's not acting :lol:
Robin
I suspect we offered Curo better wages than Rovers same as we did Troy Brown who also turned them down. The fact they are a bigger club doesn't mean they can always outbid us, it depends on what percentage of their wage budget is remaining.
Taz1985
vcinthestand wrote:
Robin wrote:I would be surprised if Jamie is on more than £2k per week.
Not like you to round things down robin

So if he is on £2k/ week thats £100K a year
If the playing budget is about £1 million he is on 10% of the playing budget
( I read what Paul G was careful to put turnover not playing budget)
So if hes on more than £2k per week hes on more than 10% of the playing budget.
Considering the number of scholars and 1st year professionals then I would suggest that currently we are not getting our moneys worth from our senior players
Correct he did, as he is probably assuming most of us know that the League 2 wage cap is 55% of turnover. So he is stating that if JC is earning 10% of that turnover, the remaining 45% is split between everyone else.
Robin
We know our wage budget is just over a million (how much more is conjecture), by my loose calculations that means an average wage of £50k per season or around £1k per week. Our higher earner will clearly be on more than that while youngsters will be on less but I doubt anyone is on more than £2k given the overall budget.
Uppy
I can't believe that so many people just eat up whatever they're told. It is embarrassing.
leohoenig
Robin wrote:We know our wage budget is just over a million (how much more is conjecture), by my loose calculations that means an average wage of £50k per season or around £1k per week. Our higher earner will clearly be on more than that while youngsters will be on less but I doubt anyone is on more than £2k given the overall budget.
Robin in "Sums correct" shock :lol:

I have heard it said that Cureton is not the highest earner - but of course, this has no more relevance than anything else, as the one person I know who could have told me that with certainty is not the person I heard it from :?:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:We know our wage budget is just over a million (how much more is conjecture), by my loose calculations that means an average wage of £50k per season or around £1k per week. Our higher earner will clearly be on more than that while youngsters will be on less but I doubt anyone is on more than £2k given the overall budget.
Sounds just about right Robin and what I'd expect to be the case.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 27 Nov 2013, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:
hEaLeR wrote:
I know a genuine fan and respectable citizen who told me this weekends Lottery numbers and which is the best breed of pig for flying in races against pigeons.

PM me for details.