Managers reaction

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
People are posting on here about the managers reaction at the end
Is this another Goulding did this and that but no one saw anything

I watched both teams come off the park but I did not see anything re Yates
Thats not to say it didnt
So can someone who saw the alleged incident first hand describe what happened
Benctfc
51/84 wrote:People are posting on here about the managers reaction at the end
Is this another Goulding did this and that but no one saw anything

I watched both teams come off the park but I did not see anything re Yates
Thats not to say it didnt
So can someone who saw the alleged incident first hand describe what happened
I would also like to know as i left soon after the whistle so missed the alleged "incident"
Taz1985
The usual suspects started chanting "Yates Out" just as he started applauding the fans in the LMI.

It appeared that once he heard this, he just stopped applauding, stood still and looked for a second or two and then turned around and applauded the main stand instead.

Nothing untoward, and no finger salutes or anything.
NikZik
I was in the LMI. There was no incident what so ever. Just the usual morons chanting 'Yates Out'.

He was simply appaulding. Then the chants started. He simply stopped clapping, shook his head and turned away and started clapping the main stand.
Robin
I wasn't there last night but it's been brewing for weeks so I am not surprised. What I do find odd is these fans now being labelled as morons why because they have a different opinion?
taxidave
Robin wrote:I wasn't there last night but it's been brewing for weeks so I am not surprised. What I do find odd is these fans now being labelled as morons why because they have a different opinion?
Have to agree with you robin especially as it was somebody's first post, so no guesses which side of the fence they are on but certainly very opinionated for a first effort. Unless of course it is one of the usual rose tinters under another name, which wouldn't surprise me.
51/84
interesting as the report last night implied it was more than that
Taz1985
Ok then 51/84 enlighten me, since you appear to know more than anyone else.
51/84
Robin wrote:To be fair Choirboy I wasn't there but had a call to say there was some Yates out chanting and Yates reacted to it at the final whistle.
This what I was driving at TAZ yet again people building comments based on other peoples view.
I saw nothing and heard no chanting for yates to go
There was booing from sevral areas but I did not see MY react but that is why I asked see the quote above
NikZik
taxidave wrote:
Robin wrote:I wasn't there last night but it's been brewing for weeks so I am not surprised. What I do find odd is these fans now being labelled as morons why because they have a different opinion?
Have to agree with you robin especially as it was somebody's first post, so no guesses which side of the fence they are on but certainly very opinionated for a first effort. Unless of course it is one of the usual rose tinters under another name, which wouldn't surprise me.
Firstly regardless of whether this is my first post or not, doesn’t mean my opionion is any less of value. Ive been supporting CTFC for a good number of years and have been through good and bad times just like we all have.

At present I am spilt. I will admit I was behind Yates at start. I am slowly becoming increasingly more disillusioned
and fustrated with the performances of late but I dont believe the failures this are purely down to Yates.

Yes I can accept that he has made mistakes that have contributed to the poor start of the season, but I also believe that certain players lack of interest and ambition have a alot to do with it.

Yates' responsibility (in some respects) stops at the white line, he can only have a limited influence on what happens on the pitch. If his players arent performing that shouldn’t fall at his door. It should be at the players doors. For example Matt Richards last night was abysmal in my eyes. Giving the ball away in dangerous postitions, Decision making and passing was poor. Our main downfall this season has been individual errors, that’s a massive factor in why we haven't been able to pick up results. How can that be Yates fault?

Tatically I don’t think Yates, Howarth or anyone has any ideas. The diamond just doesn’t work going forward. We look clueless. Hoofing the ball up field at every opportunity isnt going to create chances. We look like a Sunday League team at best. We also don’t know our best team. We have swapped and changed personel like its going out of fashion (obviously injuries havent helped in this) this hasn’t helped the team gel, but then I feel Yates has been forced to constantly change it, due to poor player performance.

In regards to lablelling the fans as 'morons'. I label these fans as morons because these are the same fans who, when/if results start going our way will slowly pipe down. These are the same fans that will be signing Yatesy, Yatesy Yatesy, if we pick up 6 points in our next two away games. These are the fans who were nowhere to be seen or heard of when we beat Wycombe away (and I was there)

Everyone is untitled to there opinion, granted, but in my eyes coming to game and singing that We Want Yatesy Out isnt going to help matters. I don’t think bringing negativity to Whaddon Road is what the team needs.

The last two results havent been great. But I feel again Yates has had to make us harder to beat, which he has done. Has he not? In my eyes its been nice not seeing us ship in 2-3 goals per game. I suspect a few will be saying, we got two points against two average sides. I agree with Rovers being average (actually below average) but Newport are a half decent side. They came to Whaddon on good form. There defense had Byron and Curo figured out from the start. I get the impression some CTFC fans think we have the right to be beating teams. You have no divine right in this league. If you arent performing then you are not going to beat teams, no matter how poor/cra@p you think the oppostion are.

But just to make it clear you cannot sack a League 2 manager who is unbeaten in 6 games especially when his contract expires in the summer/end of season. So the best thing to do is get behind the team. Its as simple as that.
Ralph
taxidave wrote:
Great to see you welcoming a new poster to the nest Dave. People are entitled to a different opinion to you even if you might disagree with it.. Hardly surprising we have less people posting when you try and run them off as soon as they get here
RED ROB
I agree with much of that Nik, Richards put a stop to many a move by stopping turning and passing the ball sideways.
he could have sent the fullbacks away with a quick ball but chose to flipping stop.
Don't think Noble covered himself in glory either, both were c**p with free kicks and corners.
RED ROB
Oh dear !!! welcome to the board Nik.
NikZik
Ralph wrote:
taxidave wrote:
Great to see you welcoming a new poster to the nest Dave. People are entitled to a different opinion to you even if you might disagree with it.. Hardly surprising we have less people posting when you try and run them off as soon as they get here
Exactly my thoughts Ralph. Nice to see a wide range of opinions are welcome. I thought sharing views, opionions, ideas was the point of these forums?
NikZik
RED ROB wrote:Oh dear !!! welcome to the board Nik.
Thanks RED BOB
taxidave
Ralph wrote:Great to see you welcoming a new poster to the nest Dave. People are entitled to a different opinion to you even if you might disagree with it.. Hardly surprising we have less people posting when you try and run them off as soon as they get here
Blimey you are slow today, took you over 2 hours before you posted your little dig, but it is reassuring to know that at least one mod will have a go at you whatever you post.
Ralph
taxidave wrote:
Ralph wrote:Great to see you welcoming a new poster to the nest Dave. People are entitled to a different opinion to you even if you might disagree with it.. Hardly surprising we have less people posting when you try and run them off as soon as they get here
Blimey you are slow today, took you over 2 hours before you posted your little dig, but it is reassuring to know that at least one mod will have a go at you whatever you post.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and your the one giving the little digs, not me..
taxidave
Ralph wrote:
taxidave wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and your the one giving the little digs, not me..
Surely that should be you are or at least you're. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ralph
see what i mean.....
solihullkev
Nik - I agree with most of what you say in your lengthy posting.

Calling for Yates' head on the back of a 6 league game unbeaten run is difficult to justify. I was disappointed with last night's performance, but it was a better one than Bury, plymouth, Accrington in August.