Home or away north or South

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vcinthestand
So we are picking up points away from home in the south. Next week we are in the North can we pick a point up there.
Our goal scoring ability seems to have disappeared.
So when we are away we set up differently we do things differently
We expect to win at home ( or at least some expect us to).

We need consistency and if we can convert the draws into wins we would be up there.

The Yates out brigade will not change the record but they will go quiet until the next defeat
Reliant Robin
vcinthestand wrote:So we are picking up points away from home in the south. Next week we are in the North can we pick a point up there.

We need consistency and if we can convert the draws into wins we would be up there.

The Yates out brigade will not change the record but they will go quiet until the next defeat
I think 'Brigade' is a somewhat generous noun as it implies a minimum of 900. There is probably only around 15 maximum of them, which coincidentally would appear to be a splendid match for their collective I.Q.'s ;)
rasta
Has the Southend game become our turning point, should of won, could of lost. Feel Yates will be here to the end of the season and then the board will rethink on more than just points, money, use of players, club image, achievements and if the club is progressing in the right direction.
taxidave
Reliant Robin wrote: I think 'Brigade' is a somewhat generous noun as it implies a minimum of 900. There is probably only around 15 maximum of them, which coincidentally would appear to be a splendid match for their collective I.Q.'s ;)
I do find it very strange that some people are allowed to abuse other posters and not be remanded for their remarks, whereas if it was me who had posted that our dear mod from america would be on in seconds to tell me that posts like that are the reason fewer people use this forum now. :? :?
Alf
Reliant Robin wrote:
vcinthestand wrote:So we are picking up points away from home in the south. Next week we are in the North can we pick a point up there.

I think 'Brigade' is a somewhat generous noun as it implies a minimum of 900. There is probably only around 15 maximum of them, which coincidentally would appear to be a splendid match for their collective I.Q.'s ;)
Possibly the 900 who have found other things to do on a saturday afternoon?
C.V
Alf wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:

Possibly the 900 who have found other things to do on a saturday afternoon?

Nailed on Alf once they stop coming its hard to get them back.Shame Reliant Robin is so excited after all we have amassed three points from our last three games bless him
Oldun
Fully agree TD. Sad that those who disagree with their viewpoint cannot do just that without resorting to insults. It's not as if we have just won 7 on the spin. In this unbeaten run we have had a some dismal performances, failed to beat some dire opposition, given away dreadful goals etc etc. Add that to the disappointments of the last two seasons, the bizarre team selections this year and previously, the loss or non playing of decent players and us unintelligent ones suddenly seem able to put up a good case.
51/84
oldun you are trying to push water up hill
Yates is safe so accept it and get behind YOUR team
taxidave
51/84 wrote:oldun you are trying to push water up hill
Yates is safe so accept it and get behind YOUR team
I wont mind Yates being safe as long as we are.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I'm more confident we are not going to be in danger of relegation than I have been of anything in the last five years.

I don't even know how many points we are off the bottom two. I look at seventh and work down til we see us then don't look down any further.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I'm more confident we are not going to be in danger of relegation than I have been of anything in the last five years.

I don't even know how many points we are off the bottom two. I look at seventh and work down til we see us then don't look down any further.
Just 6 points or 2 Northampton wins, but it is 10 points between us and the top, so I suggest you start looking down as there is no chance of us making up that deficit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Always some chance. No matter how little. Always better to look up, aftet all, if we end up below the line we need to look up so might as well get in the habit.
leohoenig
The line I would use Dave is "anything can happen, but probably won't".
For the moment, Yates' position is safe. But who knows where are form goes next? Win the next three games and talk of new contracts will come up again. Lose all three and the critics will again be to the fore on here. For the record, I have no feet in either camp.
Robin
Reliant Robin wrote:

Fair play Reliant you are completely deluded.
Oldun
51/84 thanks for the world of advice. My post was not about whether MY was safe but what his record was and I was suggesting,based on recent years that he doesn't deliver. As far as getting behind the team is concerned, I have been doing that for about 56 years so am unlikely to stop now. Equally supporting the team does not bar me from having concerns about the ability of the manager or the players.
Alf
Well said Oldun. The smugness factor on here is unjustified. You would think we had just qualified for Europe. Like I have said before, people like us who have been attending games for years are proud of where our club is and what has been achieved and are rightly concerned when we feel that the squad we have is not performing to its full potential. Some blame the players, others don't. We are all entitled to opinion without the rather childish " Yah, boo, sucks....we got a point at Southend so that makes everything ok" response.
The Conference is littered with teams that a) thought they were too good to go down and b) thought they would bounce straight back up again.
For the record, I don't think we will go down but I would be absolutely gutted if we did which is why I feel entitled to voice my concerns.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Going down would destroy us and must not happen. I'd even suggest Baker goes if he lets that happen.
Jebolani
We WILL NOT get relegated. I refuse to even acknowledge that, it looks bad now yes, but there's a higher chance of getting promoted than getting relegated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jebolani wrote:We WILL NOT get relegated. I refuse to even acknowledge that, it looks bad now yes, but there's a higher chance of getting promoted than getting relegated.
I completely agree which is why I am fully against the opinion that Mr Yates should be sacked.
Reliant Robin
taxidave wrote: I do find it very strange that some people are allowed to abuse other posters and not be remanded for their remarks, whereas if it was me who had posted that our dear mod from america would be on in seconds to tell me that posts like that are the reason fewer people use this forum now. :? :?
What td ? You'd take me into custody ("remanded") for a comment not aimed at any particular individual, without so much as a reprimand ?? Thank the Good Lord you were never a magistrate ;)

Hang 'em high :lol:
taxidave
I did wonder how long it would take for someone to notice that, and 48 hours is quite bad considering that all my posts seem to be scrutinised for spelling and grammar errors.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:I did wonder how long it would take for someone to notice that, and 48 hours is quite bad considering that all my posts seem to be scrutinised for spelling and grammar errors.
I noticed within 48 milliseconds of reading but unlike some do not degrade threads with spelling and grammar posts.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
taxidave wrote:I did wonder how long it would take for someone to notice that, and 48 hours is quite bad considering that all my posts seem to be scrutinised for spelling and grammar errors.
I noticed within 48 milliseconds of reading but unlike some do not degrade threads with spelling and grammar posts.
saved me, thanks