Yesterday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

hEaLeR
Very well deserved point in the end albeit in dramatic circumstances. Cast iron penalty and thankfully Matt stuck it away.

First half we battered Southend and should have been a couple of goals in front. Roofe looked neat and tidy and I'm sure there is more to come from him. While you could always pick holes somewhere in the performance (2nd half showing) it was a very good effort from all.
hEaLeR
Here's the pen as seen from the away end - http://Instagram.com/p/hWNGd_AVgU/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (play in Firefox)
taxidave
I know we weren't expecting to have much of a following at Southend but it does surprise me that only hEaLeR has bothered to post some sort of report on the game.
Robin
You can tell how bad things have became because we managed a paltry 106 there yesterday!
taxidave
Robin wrote:You can tell how bad things have became because we managed a paltry 106 there yesterday!
But according to some of the posters on here we are doing very well and are on an exceptionally good run. :?
If it gets much worse we will be able to share a bus with FGR for our away games. :roll:
I remember the times when we would have taken a "brigade" to Southend but we all know that they have stopped watching us now.....can't think why !!
Peter Griffin
I wasn't able to go to Southend and I'm disappointed I didn't now. May go to Morecambe if I can hack the 9 hour odd round trip because if we play anything like we did yesterday we'll win.

No "rose tinting" about it, things are slowly improving.
taxidave
Peter Griffin wrote:I wasn't able to go to Southend and I'm disappointed I didn't now. May go to Morecambe if I can hack the 9 hour odd round trip because if we play anything like we did yesterday we'll win.

No "rose tinting" about it, things are slowly improving.
Another one who didn't go to Tamworth.
Peter Griffin
I was at Tamworth and said how dreadful it was. Disagreed with those saying the second half wasn't bad because it was almost as bad as the first.

If we were to give our performances (not results) since Rochdale beat us grades I'd say:

Morecambe-B+
Northampton-B
York-C
Tamworth-F
Wycombe B
Newport-C
Bristol R-D
Southend-A-
taxidave
I thought Northampton was our best performance this season, we would have won easily if our so called strikers could hit the net, a bit like Tamworth, those 3 have a lot to answer for.
vcinthestand
Bit of passion from the players
Did Yates snub the fans
taxidave
vcinthestand wrote:Bit of passion from the players
Did Yates snub the fans
What fans, he probably didn't realise we had any there. :lol: :lol: