Anyone else fed up with this bickering.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

trickster
If we win the rose tinters come on here giving it large how they are right about MY etc, if we lose the doom mongers start saying the end is near.

You will not find a post on here by me saying Yates out but on the other hand we’ve had to put up with some $hit so far this season, so if Yates had gone I deffinitally wouldn’t have be crying, and I’m still having nightmares about Tamworth but that reminded me why I no longer go to away games, but a couple of bad results and the other side will be on the march wanting changes, it’s starting to get pretty boring.

We will all be at loggerheads and split down the middle if this carries on, it’s looking better and a bit of consistency is taking shape but in football that can soon change, this I told you so attitude is only good when you think your side is winning.

May I suggest we save the bragging rights until the last few weeks of the season because let’s be honest we won’t really know how the season has fared until then.
Andy
Is this where the tactical response comes in:

YAWN....

;) ;)

Good post Trickster.
C.V
Very good post trickster.I am well pleased with todays result but that still doesn't hide the two previous home results.I note the ones coming on here giving it large were not in attendance today.The two previous home games will still remain in the minds of our home supporters.Things will become more clearer when we see how many will be flocking through the gates next Saturday.After all it those that will make or break our season.
Ralph
And for the Yates out brigade just change the first line of this post
C.V
Ralph wrote:And for the Yates out brigade just change the first line of this post

Ah another shite stirrer who doesnt attend games :roll:
ctfcshire
trickster wrote:If we win the rose tinters come on here giving it large how they are right about MY etc, if we lose the doom mongers start saying the end is near.

You will not find a post on here by me saying Yates out but on the other hand we’ve had to put up with some $hit so far this season, so if Yates had gone I deffinitally wouldn’t have be crying, and I’m still having nightmares about Tamworth but that reminded me why I no longer go to away games, but a couple of bad results and the other side will be on the march wanting changes, it’s starting to get pretty boring.

We will all be at loggerheads and split down the middle if this carries on, it’s looking better and a bit of consistency is taking shape but in football that can soon change, this I told you so attitude is only good when you think your side is winning.

May I suggest we save the bragging rights until the last few weeks of the season because let’s be honest we won’t really know how the season has fared until then.
Spot On.
triggo
Bit rich that - the Yates out campaigners having been giving it large for months.
Now we have stopped the defensive blunders they have a dig at anyone who happens to show some enthusiam for a good result.
Funny, I thought that was what supporters were supposed to do ?
Agree, home performances have been pretty unwatchable but thats exactly how you turn it round.
Dog it out and have something to build on.
All to play for still.
Robin
Who has been having a dig at anyone apart from Reliant (and who ever takes him seriously anyway).
solihullkev
I must be missing something - where is this alleged bickering ?
Benazalox
I don't go to all away games but was at the Globe today.

I would agree some of the stuff at home this season has been dull, and I wouldn't say today was rivetingly exciting.
On another day it could have been 0-0.
However....
It was functional and efficient. The defence looks much better with Elliott back, Brown was solid and was in the right place at the right
time for his goal. Going back to playing 3 in midfield makes us a bit narrow and there is no Russell Penn charging about but the trio
hold their positions and it allowed Jombati (occasionally) and Braham-Barrett (increasingly in the 2nd half) to get forward. I just wish
his crossing was a bit better but you can't have everything.
Jermaine through the middle is interesting. Morecambe were clearly worried about getting caught by his extra pace so defended
quite deep. It allowed the ball to be played in front of their defence but it was hard to get in behind them. Jermaine got in twice. The first chance looked better but the ball got a bit stuck under his feet. The 2nd one Roche was out really quickly, so credit the keeper.
Byron had an average day. Not bad, but only 1 chance, which to be fair, Roche did well to keep out.
To sum up..
I buy the fact we are getting better. We're not thrilling on the eye, but we look to have a better shape and Scotty didn't have a lot to do. We have drawn more games than anyone, but quietly we've climbed to a more stable position. I don't see a long winning streak coming, but if we can keep ticking up the points for another month then - to quote John Ward and I know it doesn't exist any more - we'll be in the top half of the table on Ceefax and with a bit of belief from a better run behind us.
Nesty
What I find disappointing are the antagonistic comments from people who are "moderators" who do not attend games
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:Very good post trickster.I am well pleased with todays result but that still doesn't hide the two previous home results.I note the ones coming on here giving it large were not in attendance today.The two previous home games will still remain in the minds of our home supporters.Things will become more clearer when we see how many will be flocking through the gates next Saturday.After all it those that will make or break our season.
I would suggest the number of points gained would be a better measure of team performance and the shape of the season than the attendance is.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 07 Dec 2013, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:And for the Yates out brigade just change the first line of this post
Great post Ralph - a moderator ensuring balance is always welcome.
C.V
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
C.V wrote:Very good post trickster.I am well pleased with todays result but that still doesn't hide the two previous home results.I note the ones coming on here giving it large were not in attendance today.The two previous home games will still remain in the minds of our home supporters.Things will become more clearer when we see how many will be flocking through the gates next Saturday.After all it those that will make or break our season.
I would suggest the number of points gained would be a better measure of team performance and the shape of the season than the attendance is.
Before anyone suggests this is bickering no its not its common sense.
Sadly l dont think the above poster grasp's what was posted do you.We are fully aware the board are looking at a minimum £160 k lose already.If home games dont improve as l suggested as the last two have been worse than dire the fans wont attend.If that becomes the case any chances of pushing on will be hampered as the board wont want to repeat past mistakes and throw money we havent got at a financial risk.I like others dont attend away games due to cost's and results that dont warrant it, but l do attend home games and sadly there are a lot that have thrown the towel in and dont or wont come anymore.The only way to reverse this is as l suggested is we need to improve our home performances.What Regency doesnt seem to understand with out the fans the club doesnt function as they are the ones generating the cash flow.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CV, surely fans won't be encouraged back until a few good home performances have been documented? So two good home wins and a good match report and people may be persuaded back.....which is what you and I both hope to see for the reasons you correctly state.
confused.com
How sweet the irony, "Anyone else fed up with this bickering." - commence bickering :)

Lesson 1 on how to improve the fan base - come on to the forum and repeatedly state that the manager is rubbish, the players are rubbish and the football they play is rubbish .... yep, that should just about do it.

Lesson 2 - start a thread up in October debating which manager should replace MY

Lesson 3 - make sure to include in your post (as often as possible), that Duffy and Harrard were left on the bench for 6 months, when playing them would have seen us in League 1 without any problems at all.

Lesson 4 - By no means come on to the forum and say you are even mildly satisfied with the way the season is going. This will only prove you either do not understand football, have rose tinted glasses, or horror of horrors do not own a copy of FIFA 2010, upon which to finely tune your managerial skills
joes dad
Correct Confused.

You forgot 'Frozen Out'
C.V
Sadly trickster your good intentions have been well and truly blown out the water some just cant move on and continue drag it all out sad state of affairs really.
robinsrule
The problem is let's say we were to win the next three home games 4-0. Unlikely I know, but bear with me. How many extra fans would turn up for the fourth game? I'd say a couple of hundred absolute tops, so we'd still be getting less than 3000 through the turnstiles. Then if we lost that game we'd be back to square one.

Look at last season - 20-odd unbeaten home games and crowds still dropped! I think this season is pretty much a write-off in terms of attendances. Even if we were top of a tight league the fans wouldn't come back until at least April because they wouldn't believe we could sustain it.

So forget our attendances and accept that they won't improve until we maintain a sustained title challenge. However, I wouldn't write off promotion just yet, whether through the playoffs or automatically.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:Sadly trickster your good intentions have been well and truly blown out the water some just cant move on and continue drag it all out sad state of affairs really.
No bickering from me CV - I agree with you completely that we need a run of good home performances with good exciting football to encourage fans to come back!
confused.com
CV - the irony really does flow from you ! Move on ?? Just how many times have you harped back to last season etc etc etc. It is you that doesn't let things move on. Decent win yesterday and you just can't let that go without going back to two draws at home. Do you think we ALL can't see it has been a bit of a struggle so far ? Beyond me how you can't see that your continual negative comments, could do just as much to stop people coming as poor performances. I am sure if PB ever needs a PR man, he will know who not to come to.
Moving on means leaving the past behind, not selecting the bits of the past you want to take with you. I took Tricksters post to mean, let us start afresh on here. That, it seems, proved too difficult for some, who felt the need to qualify and feeling of positivity by throwing in a dose of doom and gloom. And the continual negativity is what stops folk bothering to post on here. Not the odd remark by TD, because we all know what to expect from Dave and take it with a pinch of salt 99% of the time. However, it is the continual drip drip drip of negative remarks, be it "who should or next manager be", "how many games has he got left", "his personal life", "why won't the board spend money", "its not really an unbeaten run of 8, because it seems draws don't count".
All I can say is that I ENJOY going round to ABS, I don't think we have a God given right to win, but yes don't like it when we lose. The same is true (I guess), of all those I sit among week after week (and yes they are still all there). They never mention Duffy or Harrard, they don't debate who our next manager will be. They do not boo the team at the end of the match, yes they do complain about passes , missed chances etc - that is because they support the team. Through all the dross (as you continually tell us we are watching), we keep coming back week after week. Why ? because, strange as it may seem, the vast majority of the fans, see the best way of getting up the league, is by supporting the players and manager. So far they have been proven right. however if we do get relegated this year under MY, I will be the very first to come on here and say ... CV you were right
C.V
Anyway :roll: as l said trickster your intentions were well intended.
Jebolani
To be fair, my post was meant to be hyperbolic and was fairly tongue in cheek.
Alf
I know one thing. I'm sitting here watching Tamworth play City thinking what a cracking occasion this could have been for us.
Jebolani
No point focusing on the could have beens really, but what an occasion it WOULD have been. If only we'd followed the script!
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:Who has been having a dig at anyone apart from Reliant (and who ever takes him seriously anyway).
Ooh, get you Ducky :lol:
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:CV - the irony really does flow from you ! Move on ?? Just how many times have you harped back to last season etc etc etc. It is you that doesn't let things move on. Decent win yesterday and you just can't let that go without going back to two draws at home. Do you think we ALL can't see it has been a bit of a struggle so far ? Beyond me how you can't see that your continual negative comments, could do just as much to stop people coming as poor performances. I am sure if PB ever needs a PR man, he will know who not to come to.
Moving on means leaving the past behind, not selecting the bits of the past you want to take with you. I took Tricksters post to mean, let us start afresh on here. That, it seems, proved too difficult for some, who felt the need to qualify and feeling of positivity by throwing in a dose of doom and gloom. And the continual negativity is what stops folk bothering to post on here. Not the odd remark by TD, because we all know what to expect from Dave and take it with a pinch of salt 99% of the time. However, it is the continual drip drip drip of negative remarks, be it "who should or next manager be", "how many games has he got left", "his personal life", "why won't the board spend money", "its not really an unbeaten run of 8, because it seems draws don't count".
All I can say is that I ENJOY going round to ABS, I don't think we have a God given right to win, but yes don't like it when we lose. The same is true (I guess), of all those I sit among week after week (and yes they are still all there). They never mention Duffy or Harrard, they don't debate who our next manager will be. They do not boo the team at the end of the match, yes they do complain about passes , missed chances etc - that is because they support the team. Through all the dross (as you continually tell us we are watching), we keep coming back week after week. Why ? because, strange as it may seem, the vast majority of the fans, see the best way of getting up the league, is by supporting the players and manager. So far they have been proven right. however if we do get relegated this year under MY, I will be the very first to come on here and say ... CV you were right
Quite brilliant. Fully agree with this.
Red&WhiteArmy
Reliant Robin wrote:
confused.com wrote:CV - the irony really does flow from you ! Move on ?? Just how many times have you harped back to last season etc etc etc. It is you that doesn't let things move on. Decent win yesterday and you just can't let that go without going back to two draws at home. Do you think we ALL can't see it has been a bit of a struggle so far ? Beyond me how you can't see that your continual negative comments, could do just as much to stop people coming as poor performances. I am sure if PB ever needs a PR man, he will know who not to come to.
Quite brilliant. Fully agree with this.
Add me to that! In all the years of reading this forum (and occasionally posting!) I don't think I have ever seen CV back down and admit he was wrong about anything. Not once. He used to call John Ward a twat too when he was here and now it's Yatesy's turn so it's nothing new. Luckily the history books actually reflect a slightly fairer reflection than the 'gospel according to CV' ........ :roll:
kora
Time you changed your name, Confused; that was the closest I've read to sense on here for some time.
taxidave
I am not going to get involved in this bickering so will just say that I find it odd that some posters tell people to stop harping back to the past and yet do the very same thing when there is a shout for Yates's head, saying "you cannot sack him look what he did for us 3 years ago" !
I really do think the one thing that does need to stop is the persistent use of derogatory terms such as "moron" and "low IQ" just because you do not agree with what the poster has written.
Andy
taxidave wrote:I am not going to get involved in this bickering so will just say that I find it odd that some posters tell people to stop harping back to the past and yet do the very same thing when there is a shout for Yates's head, saying "you cannot sack him look what he did for us 3 years ago" !
I really do think the one thing that does need to stop is the persistent use of derogatory terms such as "moron" and "low IQ" just because you do not agree with what the poster has written.
Does that also mean the comments regarding the possible lack of educational standard someone must have because they made a spelling mistake is going to stop as well then Dave?
confused.com
taxidave wrote:I am not going to get involved in this bickering so will just say that I find it odd that some posters tell people to stop harping back to the past and yet do the very same thing when there is a shout for Yates's head, saying "you cannot sack him look what he did for us 3 years ago" !
I was going to take offence there Dave, but then realised you can't be referring to me, as I have never stated anyone should be kept because of previous good service