On The Bright Side

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

solihullkev
I thought we played our most attractive football of the season in the first half today - passes going to feet, Noble bossing the midfield and interchanging effectively with Harrison and Roofe ; "ole" possessions, one twos, flick ons. I have not seen us play better (we were as good at times against Northampton)

And nine league games unbeaten now.
taxidave
solihullkev wrote:I thought we played our most attractive football of the season in the first half today - passes going to feet, Noble bossing the midfield and interchanging effectively with Harrison and Roofe ; "ole" possessions, one twos, flick ons. I have not seen us play better (we were as good at times against Northampton)
And just to balance that up, probably our worst of the season in the second half and still only 9 points off the drop zone and played a game more than all our rivals.
I am sorry but I just cannot enthuse over what was a very p!ss poor match, admittedly not played in ideal conditions but when are we going to see a win at Whaddon Road.
solihullkev
Take it you weren't at Bury,Accrington or home to Plymouth then - far worse
arobinsfan
solihullkev wrote:I thought we played our most attractive football of the season in the first half today - passes going to feet, Noble bossing the midfield and interchanging effectively with Harrison and Roofe ; "ole" possessions, one twos, flick ons. I have not seen us play better (we were as good at times against Northampton)

Nine games unbeaten sounds impressive, but 13 points out of a possible 27 does not.
Last edited by arobinsfan on 14 Dec 2013, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
taxidave
solihullkev wrote:Take it you weren't at Bury,Accrington or home to Plymouth then - far worse
If you are going to compare sh!t with sh!t then yes this was a bit better but that does not make it good. I can only deduce that if you were happy with today's performance you are very easily pleased.
solihullkev
Read the post properly Dave and understand it - I was referring to the first half. We played dreadfully for over 85 minutes in the other three games, not today.

If you are not enjoying it this season please don't come. We need supporters. Stick to the Jeremy Kyle shows.
taxidave
solihullkev wrote:Read the post properly Dave and understand it - I was referring to the first half. We played dreadfully for over 85 minutes in the other three games, not today.

If you are not enjoying it this season please don't come. We need supporters. Stick to the Jeremy Kyle shows.
What an amazing statement to make, there are enough former fans staying away already without you discouraging those that still bother to come, perhaps you will only be happy when you are stood on the terraces on your own, then you will be able to post on here without any fear of contradiction.
arobinsfan
[quote="

If you are not enjoying it this season please don't come. We need supporters. Stick to the Jeremy Kyle shows.[/quote]

Can we afford to loose any more paying customers than we are already.
solihullkev
You refer to "those". I was referring only to you. Your negativity is neither constructive nor welcome.
taxidave
solihullkev wrote:You refer to "those". I was referring only to you. Your negativity is neither constructive nor welcome.
But if I stop attending matches I will have to rely on reading your biased and rose tinted reports, so I will keep watching as I would rather see the truth for myself.
solihullkev
See you at Fleetwood then
Oldun
Agree Dave. The response you got was amazing! As I have said on another thread the unbeaten run is a cover for unacceptable results. I asked there when the club would wake up and realise that current results aren't good enough and if MY would perhaps also sense this and change things for the next home game. If the manager is being paid to send out a side to draw he's doing well. Otherwise he is not. This is not a negative post it's an accurate one, facing the truth of our unsatisfactory performances at home this season. JP was defensive this afternoon when Guest said similar things. It's fine to be loyal and to support the team; it's dishonest to suggest we are playing well and getting good results as clearly we are not. The sooner the board accepts this,the better.
solihullkev
If you think the board will even contemplate doing anything with MY's position at this point in time you are more deluded than you appear. Plainly they will not.
taxidave
solihullkev wrote:If you think the board will even contemplate doing anything with MY's position at this point in time you are more deluded than you appear. Plainly they will not.
Why don't you call him a moron and tell him he has a low IQ as well as being deluded, most other rose tinters have used those words to insult those people who don't agree with them so you might as well be equally abusive.
solihullkev
Yates is staying ; get over it. The football and results are better than they were 3 months ago. Now move on ; it's not going to happen.
Ralph
yes lets move on. Thread locked as its not going anywhere. If you want to carry on your discussions, take it to PM's
Ralph
ok so thread reopened.. lets see if you can both get along now....