Genius of Yates & Howarth

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Reliant Robin
New contracts please for Mark Yates and Neil Howarth NOW !!!

The doubters have surely been silenced.
RED ROB
great result for the lads, well done again Yatesie.
Win on Boxing day in front of a decent crowd would be the icing on the Xmas cake.
Circa 1887
Reliant Robin wrote:New contracts please for Mark Yates and Neil Howarth NOW !!!

Strap that knee back down, it'll have someone's eye out.

Great result, but let's not get carried away. Hopefully we will start turning draws in to wins now.
RED ROB
HuH, rosetinters out in force tonight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How can anyone argue with the run we're on.
Circa 1887
Good run...lots of draws though. We are clearly positioning ourselves for a push, but this needs to be the start of it - not the pinnacle of it. Good progress so far, more wins needed.
Last edited by Circa 1887 on 21 Dec 2013, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Two home games to come. Six points and all is set for a storming run to the top. Ten unbeaten now. Wins are required.
Reliant Robin
Circa 1887 wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:New contracts please for Mark Yates and Neil Howarth NOW !!!

Strap that knee back down, it'll have someone's eye out.

Great result, but let's not get carried away. Hopefully we will start turning draws in to wins now.
That's hilarious Circa 1887 - the only knee jerks around here (jerks being the operative word) were those calling for Yates' head after a slow start. We are now just 4 points off the Play Off places, 10 league games unbeaten.
Jebolani
Knowing our home form we'll draw them both though!
RED ROB
Carry on, we're climbing the table.
Wins will come if we get behind them.
Circa 1887
Reliant Robin - are you saying that the last 10 games warrant words like 'genius', but people should ignore the football and results from the first three months of the season? The last ten games should earn the manager a new contract?

Personally, I am leaning towards cautious optimism - as opposed to proclaiming the second coming of Christ.

Additionally, do you really need to be calling people jerks? This forum is for fans to discuss and debate, not belittle and insult one another. It's posters like you that contribute to the dwindling numbers on this forum.
C.V
Think we are all over the moon with todays result just hope its not soured by insulting childish posts
RED ROB
Strong slow improvement, starting with the defence, now scoring.
I'm happy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shouldn't ignore the first three months but ultimately they are irrelevant if come May promotion is secured. Why some were always adamant that long term vision and patience were needed. And still are -need to keep going and close the gap on top three until we can be confident of being in the mixer come the final run-in.
Circa 1887
RED ROB wrote:Strong slow improvement, starting with the defence, now scoring.
I'm happy.
Oddly, the last few seasons it has been the new year that has brought with it a massive slump in form. I wonder if we are doing this season in reverse, wasting the first 1/3 of the season but picking up ready to come on strong at the end. And we all know that the play-offs are about form teams.
Circa 1887
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Shouldn't ignore the first three months but ultimately they are irrelevant if come May promotion is secured. Why some were always adamant that long term vision and patience were needed. And still are -need to keep going and close the gap on top three until we can be confident of being in the mixer come the final run-in.
I concur, if the accepted goal is the play-offs. But, sentiments by some to the effect of us being in our natural position (mid table) or fans expecting too much were and still are wrong, in my personal view.
RED ROB
Thought the same circa, fingers crossed eh !!
Uppy
Fantastic result. Credit where it's due.
Reliant Robin
Circa 1887 wrote:Reliant Robin - are you saying that the last 10 games warrant words like 'genius', but people should ignore the football and results from the first three months of the season? The last ten games should earn the manager a new contract?

Personally, I am leaning towards cautious optimism - as opposed to proclaiming the second coming of Christ.

Additionally, do you really need to be calling people jerks? This forum is for fans to discuss and debate, not belittle and insult one another. It's posters like you that contribute to the dwindling numbers on this forum.
I am pleased to hear you have a new found cautious optimism, Circa. But where has anyone pronounced the 2nd coming of Christ?

I say 'Genius' because they are succeeding again. For the 3rd Season running. They have gone about their jobs professionally and not been drawn on the "Yates Out" campaign & petty comments & rumours on this forum which are the true reason the numbers on this forum have dwindled.

I have come in for some abuse from one or two posters on this forum, in particular one of the Mods who likes to imagine I am 'deluded' (is that not "belittling/insulting"?) and if other comments he has made about me are heeded, that 'no one listens to me anyway' then what are you concerned about? I don't regard people like him as a friend, so I found another adjective. Hope that explains.
robinsrule
Great result and we are on a decent run. Let's hope Christmas brings a couple of home wins!
Horteng

Im probably taking the bait but this is a wind up right??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
WUM subject line for sure
Nesty

"the doubters" of which I was one, had every right to voice their concerns. I see Tamworth lost 6-0 to Aldershot.... funny old game!!

But to a man those same doubters have not been slow in coming forward and given praise when due..

Can we give the bickering and name calling a rest?
Alf
Good shout Nesty. Too many childish, not very subtle insults. Reliant is so excited, he will be starting to save up his pocket money for next years season ticket.
Uppy
At least the North of Birmingham away record is well and truly done now!
Malabus
Christmas when the season really takes shape.
confused.com
i have it from a very good source from within the club (well the team coach gets its diesel from there), that todays win has bought Yates 2 more games. Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Red Duke
confused.com wrote:i have it from a very good source from within the club (well the team coach gets its diesel from there), that todays win has bought Yates 2 more games. Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Isn't it the case that most managers are always only 4 games away from the sack.
Robin
I went today - probably unlike Relient who I am not even convinced is a CTFC (rather a wind up merchant) - I would say now is the time for cautious optimism. Other than Chesterfield and maybe Fleetwood this league is very mediocre and our players are better than the vast majority of sides I have seen play. If we can keep Goldson, Roofe and Noble, keep the solidarity we have shown recently and be a bit more clinical a top seven finish is not unrealistic afterall.