Healthy Attendance

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Around 2,800 home fans yesterday.
It is a pity they had to be subjected to Football Mansfield style
Benctfc
Decent turn out yesterday shame none of the "floaters" will come back after watching that. Shows what an unbeaten run can do in improving attendances a winning team will bring fans in.
Alf
confused.com wrote:
Oh it's all Mansfields fault is it. That's a relief then, I thought it was because we were poor and could do nothing to counteract basic 'spoiling' tactics by the opposition!
asl
Alf wrote:I thought it was because we were poor and could do nothing to counteract basic 'spoiling' tactics by the opposition!
No, we 'dominated' them, apparently...
confused.com
Alf wrote:
confused.com wrote:
Oh it's all Mansfields fault is it. That's a relief then, I thought it was because we were poor and could do nothing to counteract basic 'spoiling' tactics by the opposition!
Woha calm down Alf !!! I was merely expressing my view that it is a pity that they had to witness a match dominated by the style of football embraced by mansfield. Was not commenting on our inability to circumvent such tactics. In the first half we did, but could not take easy chances. That does not take away from constant fouling, time wasting, play acting etc. Your use of the term 'spoiling tactics', is exactly what I meant, hardly conjusive to a game of football, no matter how the other side mat attempt to handle it
Alf
Woha calm down Alf !!! I was merely expressing my view that it is a pity that they had to witness a match dominated by the style of football embraced by mansfield. Was not commenting on our inability to circumvent such tactics. In the first half we did, but could not take easy chances. That does not take away from constant fouling, time wasting, play acting etc. Your use of the term 'spoiling tactics', is exactly what I meant, hardly conjusive to a game of football, no matter how the other side mat attempt to handle it[/quote]

Apologies confused but looking at posts there are comments blaming the ref, GCFC for screwing up the pitch, Div 2 being c!#p, fans booing the team, ticket prices, Mansfield being rubbish etc and yet the number of quality performances we have put in over 90 minutes in the past 12 months you could write on the back of a frog's ear. always seems to be someone else's fault.
Benctfc
The formation doesn't work at home its great away makes us solid and hard to beat and we can hit teams on the counter however at home we need more width and to attack opposition more.
confused.com
Alf wrote:Woha calm down Alf !!! I was merely expressing my view that it is a pity that they had to witness a match dominated by the style of football embraced by mansfield. Was not commenting on our inability to circumvent such tactics. In the first half we did, but could not take easy chances. That does not take away from constant fouling, time wasting, play acting etc. Your use of the term 'spoiling tactics', is exactly what I meant, hardly conjusive to a game of football, no matter how the other side mat attempt to handle it
Apologies confused but looking at posts there are comments blaming the ref, GCFC for screwing up the pitch, Div 2 being c!#p, fans booing the team, ticket prices, Mansfield being rubbish etc and yet the number of quality performances we have put in over 90 minutes in the past 12 months you could write on the back of a frog's ear. always seems to be someone else's fault.[/quote]
maybe so, but this thread is discussing yesterday's 90 + 7 minutes and no more than that :)
Alf
Not true, it started off discussing the attendance on Boxing Day.
confused.com
Alf wrote:Not true, it started off discussing the attendance on Boxing Day.
LOL true but in my defence I only referred to Mansfield and the 2800 that was being quoted
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rhead's deliberate run and boot over the In2P was an abomination to football. Funny and amazing to witness in some respects. I was laughing as much as I was criticising. But every individual who paid to witness a professional football league match were let down.
asl
Bet he muttered "'av it..." as he did that...
Sprout Picker
asl wrote:Bet he muttered "'av it..." as he did that...
Several folk in the LMI did! :lol:
Adam_
I've started coming to quite a few games since they introduced the student tickets..... £5 is a bargain! I wouldn't come if I had to pay the full adult price.

They need to advertise this to students more I think and that would see a small increase in attendance (I come to the matches with girlfriends family who are all season ticket holders).... As I said though, the full price is ridiculous, I go and watch Villa for less! (Although it is far more depressing football played by them, it truely is p!## poor atm)

I see loads of people on here complaining about the mansfield match when I found it quite entertaining and was a good game other than that Rhead bloke and their number 16 who were killing the game. The Exeter game on boxing day I found to be alright too, they put up a good fight instead of the flukey win Mansfield got.

Best football match I've ever been too was the 6-5 win against Burton! Yet been to some very boring ones this season like the 1-0 loss to Tamworth and 0-0 against Rovers zzz....