Tomorrow/Chelski V Liverpool

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
How come we are playing tomorrow at the same time that Chelski Vs Liverpool (two of the best supported teams in the world) are playing live on TV? I really hope it does not impact the attendance because Mansfield won't bring many.
Piro Teknix
Robin wrote:How come we are playing tomorrow at the same time that Chelski Vs Liverpool (two of the best supported teams in the world) are playing live on TV? I really hope it does not impact the attendance because Mansfield won't bring many.
Unless we kick off at 11.00 or 19.00 we are always going to clash with live tv matches. Newcastle v Arsenal kicks off at 13.30 and the Chelsea game is at 16.00.
So what do you suggest...that we play it Monday night !! :roll:
vcinthestand
sky will soon realise that their figures drop when we are playing at the home and they decide to show some meaningless match based on large bank deficits!
Robin
Why are we not kicking off earlier or playing today?
vcinthestand
I agree a 1pm or 1.30pm would have saved the clash
Do BT sport have a lunchtime KO
Piro Teknix
ICT v Celtic BT Sport 2 kick off 12.30.
London Irish v Gloucester BT Sport 1 kick off 2.00.
Big game on BT Sport 1 now Hereford v FGR.
horlickfanclub
Good post Piro.
Piro Teknix
Jamie Edge has just come on for Hereford, who are leading 1-0 and DLW is in goal.
confused.com
Robin wrote:Why are we not kicking off earlier or playing today?
Let me think ...... would I rather watch CTFC live or watch 2 teams on TV I have no interest in ?????? no brainer. Indeed would I rather watch CTFC live or watch any game on TV ..... no brainer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Every League 2 fixture is being played tomorrow. Thar was obviously the agreed date when the fixture list draw took place. Then the TV companies pick which Prem games they want to show on TV today and which two tomorrow.
RED ROB
I would still like to see a "no Sky day" on certain days, killing not only the lower league clubs but non league too.
Would never sit at home watching Prem footie, always at the Abbey.
Prem does nothing for me but to hear the life or death conversations at work following a TV special makes me laugh.
They've never seen their so called clubs in the flesh. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
C.V
RED ROB wrote:I would still like to see a "no Sky day" on certain days, killing not only the lower league clubs but non league too.
Would never sit at home watching Prem footie, always at the Abbey.
Prem does nothing for me but to hear the life or death conversations at work following a TV special makes me laugh.
They've never seen their so called clubs in the flesh. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Spot on Red Rob.
Robin
On the contrary I enjoy watching the Prem as a neutral due to the sheer quality of players on display however it will never take priority over CTFC. The sad thing is I am very much the exception rather than the rule and lower league footy is really going to suffer longer term unless something changes.
Powelly131
The answer is to have live TV games start at 12 or 6, therefore enabling the vast majority of home supporters to attend a lower league match and not miss their 'Premiership' team on TV
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I know people in Cheltenham who go to a pub or friends house and watch the early kick off and stay there all day to watch the evening kick off. They are more interested in that than watching Cheltenham.

Equally I know people who stay in Parklands until the early kick off finishes, watch 90 mins in the In2Print and can be in a pub in town before the 5.30pm game starts.

I don't think the timing of the tv matches makes much difference.

If people want to watch a couple of games on a weekend you can't blame them for wanting to watch better quality and more high profile games.

TV won't change so CTFC have to try and encourage people to choose to come to Whaddon instead.